Rules & Theme - Updated Monthly!

This forum contains the rules, the themes, and the entries for the monthly manga contest

Postby Aileen Kailum » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:23 am

*explodes*

Well, after a horrendous amount of effort, I managed to get the pencils done. Now to ink it...

How's everyone else doing?

Anyone?
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby minakichan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:50 pm

I CAN'T THINK OF A STORY oAo;;;

At least someone's doing it. Deadlines never work for me AHAHAHAA.

Might sit this one out.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, I actually got the darn thing all drawn out but can not for the life of me get a working scanner.

But tomorrow! Tomorrow I shall try afresh!
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Aileen Kailum

Postby minakichan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:19 am

._. So what does it mean if there are no other entries.......
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:14 am

We move on to July!

I guess.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 pm

*sigh* Sounds good to me. Major props to you, Aileen, for trying to keep this thing going, but I'm just not sure it'll be worth the effort if the lack of enthusiasm keeps up.
Ashley

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Aileen Kailum (post: 1241004) wrote:Well, I actually got the darn thing all drawn out but can not for the life of me get a working scanner.

But tomorrow! Tomorrow I shall try afresh!

Aileen, you can bring your artboards to Office Depot or some similar business for them to scan. Just thought I would mention that...
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Thanks! I'll try to remember that the next time the scanner goes AWOL on me.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Hey, do we have any takers for this month? If not, well, less competition for me! I just finished procrasti--I mean, gaining valuable information for my idea by researching knife-throwing. So expect flying cutlery in this month's comic! Fun-fun.

Thankfully, I've had enough odd hobbies over the years that my dad isn't disturbed when he looks over and sees me sketching knife grips and browsing pages on knife-throwing.

Aileen Kailum

Postby minakichan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:07 pm

I have an idea, but it seems very difficult to pull off and it's more a concept than a story. I'll see if I can flesh it, but it doesn't look great.....
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:58 pm

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!111one

But, seriously, I can relate. I'm still trying to figure out how to tie all my random ideas into an actual story. And by "actual story" I mean "something that won't be impossible for me to draw."

Aileen Kailum

Postby soul alive » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Ooh, ooh. I really am shooting to get one done this time, I have an actual concept and everything. ^^
Is the 24th the final date?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Aileen Kailum » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm not sure. I just mentioned it because the last official deadline mentioned was a week before the end of the month.

Aileen Kailum

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:09 am

*is available for collabo if desired*
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Pyro_artist » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Flying cutlery is always fun=) youtube has some nice vids on throwing knives.

By the way will there be a notifacation of when the next contest is?
Pyro_artist

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm

If the dealine is indeed the 24th of this month(or was it of last month?), I have something that I just need to ink if there's still time. It's not much(not enough to give Aileen a good competitor, I can tell you that), but I did try. ._.;
goldenspines

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Haha, Goldy, way to turn up the pressure. XD

Wait. Does this mean I've become the candidate to beat? Dreams do come true! Huh, guess I should get back to work then. Good luck to everyone!

Aileen Kailum

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:52 pm

The theme is still "Hide and Seek", right? Unless I missed something and have to come up with a whole new comic in a day. @_@
And the pressure isn't turned up that much Aileen, my comic skills are less than zero, you can beat me without lifting a finger. :p But I'm having fun making it, no matter how awful it may look. XD
goldenspines

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Actually, I think the July theme was changed to 'windows,' but don't panic. Nothing was set in stone, and since the mods didn't alter the first post in this thread, I doubt it matters. So full speed ahead!

Really, I think a more appropriate theme would be "please, somebody enter. Anybody? We'll give you cake."

Don't sell yourself short, Godly. Beating you would definitely require me lifting a finger. An entire hand, actually. XD

Aileen Kailum

Postby soul alive » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm really trying to get an entry done, but I'm currently visiting my family for the first time in months and then driving home (8 hour trip) tomorrow. So if possible, I'd like to beg an extension to the 25th, or even the 26th if possible. *puppy eyes*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Aileen Kailum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm

I also vote for an extension to the 26th. Anyone opposed?

Aileen Kailum

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 pm

I don't oppose the time extension, even though I barely got mine done, it could use some extra time to be worked on(not sure if I could improve it though). But I could just submit it as it is and hope it doesn't look too awful. ._.
(I might do that before midnight tonight anyways. XD)
goldenspines

Postby soul alive » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:36 pm

;_;
I dished out too much for myself, and I'm not going to be able to get an entry done. Good luck to the entrants, and way to go. I'll look forward to seeing what you all did.
I think I will finish out my idea just for the practice, since I do like it. ^^ And I will definitely be out in force next month, and will get a start on it more than a couple of days before the deadline. ^^;;;;;
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Well, August is now here, so what are everyone's thoughts for this month?

I think Goldenspines should choose the theme, since she was the only one who got an entry in on time.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Hear ye, hear ye! I've talked to Goldy, and she has chosen the theme for August!

August Theme: Ice Cream
August Deadline: August 31st [subject to change]

Okay, everyone. Get crackin'.

Aileen Kailum

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 am

I might DO THIS 8D

IF I can find time... ugh. >_<' I'm terrible at time management so far... I fail.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 pm

hmm. I actually have an idea for this one...not too sure how well I can pull it off. Since I have no scanner...mspaint here I come! uhm...so can there be color or does it have to be typical manga stuff (black and white with patterns and such) I don't think my computones (sp?) cd works with ms paint...
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Aileen Kailum » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Color is allowed, so no worries. :D

Aileen Kailum

Postby goldenspines » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

I have an idea for this, I just hope I can get it done in time. D:
*rushes off to start*
goldenspines

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Gah. I keep getting half-formed ideas slammed into my brain. I should get a dartboard.

Aileen Kailum

Previous Next

Return to Monthly Manga Contest