I-O-N picked up by Viz

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

I-O-N picked up by Viz

Postby Ashley » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:18 am

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ean=1421518007

One of Tanemura's oldest works (I'm not sure if it predates A Short-Tempered Melancholy or not), I-O-N has recently been picked up by Viz and is scheduled to begin release this April.

I could have sworn I had a review up, but since I don't let me say that it's a really cute, sweet high school romance with some magical girl and science twists. It's a forerunner to her more classic magical girl works like KKJ and Full Moon.

I'm of course ecstatic about this, and I'm really hoping that as her popularity with Full Moon and Gentleman's Alliance increase more of her older works (like Time Stranger Kyoko) will be released here as well. I would love to have all of her work sitting on my shelf someday.

Anyway, I apologize to those of you who already heard about this through my livejournal or the Arina Tanemura community on LJ, but obviously it's a big deal to me. ^^
Ashley

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:33 pm

I-O-N...it looks very promising. I've already read the first couple of pages in my Shojo Beat though it borders the likeness of Full Moon O Sagashite (Wonderful manga by Ms. Tanemura!) but I am a bit skeptical. This could be because I loved Full Moon soo much and nothing can compare to it. :)

This may be a title I will wait to buy until a couple of volumes are out! Though the first volume of I-O-N is out I believe April 8 but I am sure you already know that! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Ashley » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Actually, while I'm here I should say that Time Stranger Kyoko, Firecracker is Melancholy, AND a Full Moon artbook are to be released this year too. Check my blog (first box in the sig) for more details.
Ashley

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:51 am

I'm still very excited about this, Time Stranger Kyoko and the artbooks especially. XD I'll definitely be looking forward to the release dates!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews