StarSheep

Projects or project ideas in the works

StarSheep

Postby JediSonic » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:43 am

I don't expect a lot of people to post in this thread, but if nothing else it can serve as a sort of journal to chronicle my progress in the development of StarSheep.

So here we go...

For those of you who don't know, StarSheep is a 3D 'linear' shoot-em-up game I've been working on since Fall 2003 that is designed to feel like, look like, and be a parody of an awesome SNES game called StarFox. I'm doing the story, graphics, programming (written in C++ using the OpenGL graphics libarary), and music myself so this is a very personal project. Heck, I even made the program that I'm making the graphics with! (Which isn't the best, by the way, but it is certainly up to SNES standards.)

StarFox is a game that puts you in the role of Fox McCloud, going off to save the galaxy from the evil Andross with the help of his buddies Peppy Hare [who is in no way related to General Pepper, the leader of Cornarian defense], Slippy Toad, and [the most popular of the 3] Falco Lombardi.

StarSheep is a game that puts you in the role of Sheep McFog*, going off to save the galaxy from the evil Auntfloss* (who, by the use of floss, keeps her fangs in tip top extra-whitened condition, and is out to take over the galaxy and make little wool sweaters out of the inhabitants of Pasture Planet) with the help of his buddies Sheppy the Hairy [a scuffy young sheep dog who is the son of General Shepherd (the leader of Pasture Planet defense)], Lippy Toad [so named because of her tendency to be even more annoying than her SF counterpart], and Flapco Bombardme.

*names and characters subject to change if I think of anything better. suggestions are welcome :thumb:

So far, the only character I've drawn a picture that I'm really happy with is flapco.

I also drew something that might work for the avatar of either sheppy or General Shepherd. (see attached image)

If you want to get a feel for the game itself, go to my web-site and download the demo! It's pretty old and outdated; I plan to make a new demo version publicly available as soon as I have finished designing the first level of the game (the 'story mode' of that demo is nothing like the real thing).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JediSonic

Postby Zilch » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:32 pm

This sounds great!(goes to download demo)
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby JediSonic » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:31 am

I kept promising someone that I would show them this thread (or at least the flapco pic) but then the downtime lasted longer than expected... so anyway yesterday I got pro-active and started updating the StarSheep page on my site so it has a convenient art gallery. Which still has bugs in it I'm afraid, but its not my fault its geocities' fault. I put the code on my desktop (without the things geocities puts in it) and it worked fine. Anyway its only a minor problem so you can still see it here:

http://www.geocities.com/codeiscool/starsheep
JediSonic

Postby samuraidragon » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:42 pm

it's a cool game, but i can only play it at ur house, it dosn't work on a Mac:waah!:, :comp: (that's a PC he's throwing by the way)
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue May 04, 2004 7:34 pm

I believe that
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby JediSonic » Wed May 05, 2004 6:27 am

I'm kinda shooting for somewhere between small project and top-of-the-"play at work"-games ideas :lol:

I think some people feel starsheep is getting kinda dead as I've made no real updates for a reeaaally long time, which is the effects of horrible procrastination on my part :sweat:

However, starsheep demo 2 is on its way eventually, and the more people bug me about it the more i remember to work on it ;)
JediSonic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue May 11, 2004 6:16 pm

:shad
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Return to New Projects and Ideas