KingdomCome webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

KingdomCome webmanga

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:05 am

KingdomCome by Mave :grin:

Hi everyone, this is my first webmanga. ^^ I will put all files in this first post (even future ones so you don’t have to search through the thread). Please read it and provide feedback if possible. I have a lot to learn!

Description:
Kim Yong is a member of Berserk, the No. 1 boyband group in the nation. He is at the peak of his career, fame, and popularity. Everyone loves and screams for Berserk. But is this it? Is this what life is all about? Kim has questions in his heart and isn't fulfilled. One day, he finds himself divided between his current lifestyle and another 'higher' calling. Kim takes an unexpected step to seek what's missing inside his soul... whatever the cost may be.

Ratings
Violence: 3 - Potential fights and gangsterism
Language: 3 - Swearing which will be censored
Sexual Content: 4 - Potential sexual relationships but nothing explicit
Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 3 - Some female characters may wear sexy outfits for the purpose of the storyplot
Bad Religion: 0 - The closest this will ever get to bad religion is characters who believe in something else apart from the Christian God.

Content:
This manga contains bishies and attempts to be as realistic as possible. It is all about people like you and me and their daily lives and relationships. Some stories are borrowed from my own life and I wish to touch issues that I think and deal with everyday. As the story progresses, there will be controversial issues and not-so-family-friendly but relevant-to-teens stuff.

Pls read from RIGHT TO LEFT.

Revised Chapters:
Chapter 10 currently ongoing

Pls visit ==> http://kingdomcome.theproject.us/ and clickity-click on KingdomCome under "Hosted Webmanga." Enjoy! XDD

~Mave~
Mave

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:24 am

... CHAP3CHAP3CHAP3CHAP3CHAP3CHA--BONK.......

XD

Gyaaa, lovely stuff in chap 2 heheh!!! And the bishies.... XD~~~ Well, I'm just going to be the usual fangirl and go : UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE~! XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Nalani » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:32 am

^___^ I liked it!!! *cheers*
Hahahah! No head bonk for me!!!
heheh .....
... but .... but ... I want Chapter 3!!!!!!!
*runs from the head bonk*
XD
Nalani

Postby wiggins » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:37 pm

CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!
CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3
!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!CH.3!

(OK, I think that's enough XD)

<edit by straylight because it messes up the display>
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:48 pm

Bad bad CAA members! :lickbash: :lickbash: :lickbash: Alright, who's next?
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:20 pm

Eh, I might as well get this thread marked as well. Make sure I don't miss anything, whenever anything happens.
uc pseudonym

Postby Icarus » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:32 pm

[quote="Mave"]The first one who asks for Chap 3, two seconds upon reading Chap2 completely will be rewarded with a head-bonk. :lickbash: This rule still stands… ]
*waits 10 seconds.* Chapter three please!
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby The Grammarian » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:32 pm

Hurry up and finish chapter 3!
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:41 pm

Icarus, you're too smart for me...I've gotta extend that time limit! :lol:

*runs after The Grammarian to bonk him*

Well, I should have Chap 3, the "latest", out by March. I know I know....it seems like a long time. 0.o But I really need to get my Master's research thesis done and graduate by the end of this year. I'll do my best! :sweat:

EDIT: Come here anonymous, :lickbash: :lickbash: Boy this is fun! :grin:
Mave

Postby The Grammarian » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:59 pm

*Yeee! Runs away from Mave as she attempts to bonk him*

You're a Master's candidate? Pff, you're a year older than me and you're two class years ahead of me! No fair! :lol:
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:19 am

Wow... this thread really deserves to be in the Manga Mania forum... but you people sure are Goofing Off a lot. I'm not the type to violently crack down on that, but really, people. Head-bonking jokes are only funny so many times.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to patiently sit and wait. I have time.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:39 am

wow mave. the artwork is simply amazing in your comics. i wish i could jsut draw anything i wanted-from difernt poses to back grounds. I admit though i havent read the story yet . ill have to make myself sometime.
Shao Feng-Li

Your very talented

Postby Chapel » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:13 pm

I have enjoyed your comic and wish to read more, You artistic skills are great, however I think you need to start going back over all you work in ink so that it will stand out more, If you do that WOW this will be amazing, i realize inking takes alot of time and hurts you hand. I myself stopped using pencils when I got to college and so I just use Bic pens, i can shade pretty well with them and they show up really well when you scan them into the computer. As an artist to an artist this is my one recommendation, I wish in no way will you take offense to this, I just know that what you have here is beautiful and looks great.

-chapel-
Chapel

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:15 pm

Chapel wrote:I have enjoyed your comic and wish to read more, You artistic skills are great, however I think you need to start going back over all you work in ink so that it will stand out more, If you do that WOW this will be amazing, i realize inking takes alot of time and hurts you hand. I myself stopped using pencils when I got to college and so I just use Bic pens, i can shade pretty well with them and they show up really well when you scan them into the computer. As an artist to an artist this is my one recommendation, I wish in no way will you take offense to this, I just know that what you have here is beautiful and looks great.

-chapel-

Hey Chapel, no problem, there's always room for improvement. I wish I had more feedback like this. ^^ I've just started to use ink in Chapter 2 so it's pretty shaky. I was also more focused on experimenting with screentones and fonts (waaahh...so much to learn!!). Any comments on screentones/fonts though?

Does inking really hurt? 0.o Well, what I don't really like inking is the tendency of smudging (I'm left handed). I'll probably fix that by getting those quick drying pens. Exactly what type of Bic pen do you use? Perhaps that could help me. :) Thanks! I was thinking of investing in Pentel Sign pens unless someone else has a better recommendation. I'll definitely play around with shades and inking styles in this next Chapter. Let KCome be my "experimental" comic. ;)
Mave

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:44 pm

I use Micron pens for my inking ^^ They don't smear much at all unless you're going to color it yourself (I'm addicted to Copic markers XD) but that can be solved if you dab or rub over the top of it with a paper towel carefully. I've heard that the Copic brand pens don't smear but I haven't tried them...

By the way, I LOVE your comic, Mave! The message in it is awesome. I'm not a fan of magic or too much fantasy... and your manga is very down-to-earth. It's encouraging to see a work like that that can still hold interest and present such true values. I really look forward to what you do with it ^^ Thank you so much for being such a great encouragement to me. *glomp*
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

here's some more mindless ramblings.

Postby Chapel » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:39 am

Ok about the computer stuff, not really my feirld I only recently started playing around with that and It's almost harder and longer doing it that way than just drawing it out or watercoloring it. I would imagine once you get the hang of it it would be much easier and faster. Me I still use the 'ol pen.
Although I've grown very fond of smudge tools and line tools, and typing in the words, and ereasing mistakes you have to love that. I suppose thats only the serface and what you could do is much more intense but i'm content right now. Pen wise I ussually use a BIC round stic med/moy USA and thats like a buck a bag cheap and it has the ability to shde really well. I like it all the comics on my page and the stuff in the gallary when ever it goes up are that type of a pen. Professional pens, I would recommend a Pigma Micron, I have a 1, 3, and 5 tip in those and there very expensive but very nice and have a tendancy not to smudge bad. Now about the smudge matter. I recommend a smudge glove. Here I'll tell you how to make one so you don't have to buy one. I don't know where they even sell them, anyway spread you finders on a white piece of stretchable fabric, like an old white t-shirt or an A-shirt. Make sure it's white so you'll know when to clean it. So trace around your fingers then mirror that image from the furthest finger, add a couple cinameters, cut it out, sew around the edges then cut out the middle finger, pointer finger, and thumb, you can also just not cut out thaose fingers but hey do what ever. Well thats my thoughts.

-chapel-

ps I've started a new thread on my comic would you like to critic me, I would also appitiate it.
Chapel

Hey Mave

Postby Chapel » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:47 am

Ok when I last posted about inking that was prior to having read chapter 2, I like chapter two and I feel a strong presence from GTO manga with out the exteme faces, Your characters bare sutle similairities to GTO even if you didn't read it. I can tell you used the computer alot with that chapter instalment and I liked it, it looked alot more professional. I should be the last one in the world to say this because my grammer is horrible, but when you are doing your text try not to abriviate, I saw a please shortened to PLZ or PLS I did that in my own comic when it was used in a college paper and was told that people don't like that. If you so chose go for it, just a thought. Other than that your stuff is looking better and better every panal.
I would also recommend that is if you don't have it, i might have missed it, but a way to go from comic to comic without going bace to the webcomic page. Just a thought, think on those things for a while, TTFN.

-chapel-
Chapel

Postby Mave » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:55 pm

Chapel wrote:Ok when I last posted about inking that was prior to having read chapter 2, I like chapter two and I feel a strong presence from GTO manga with out the exteme faces, Your characters bare sutle similairities to GTO even if you didn't read it. I can tell you used the computer alot with that chapter instalment and I liked it, it looked alot more professional. I should be the last one in the world to say this because my grammer is horrible, but when you are doing your text try not to abriviate, I saw a please shortened to PLZ or PLS I did that in my own comic when it was used in a college paper and was told that people don't like that. If you so chose go for it, just a thought. Other than that your stuff is looking better and better every panal.
I would also recommend that is if you don't have it, i might have missed it, but a way to go from comic to comic without going bace to the webcomic page. Just a thought, think on those things for a while, TTFN.

-chapel-

GASP!! I did that??! *falls over* My bad my bad, all those abbreviations...too much chatting and foruming... :sweat:

haha I "have to" use computers coz I can't afford anything otherwise. 0.o

Your last comment is something that I've been trying to work on but end up procrastinating instead...heh, ok I need to get off my lazy bum and work on it, making my webcomic more reader-friendly. Thanks for your comments!! ;)

EDIT: I don't read GTO though. 0.o I really wonder where my influence comes from...
Mave

Postby firestorm » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:44 pm

Hey Mave one question WHAT'S THE HOLD UP!!!!!! :comp: lo jk
really why is it taking so long to bring chapter 3 out (mind you it's been around a month to a couple of weeks since I read chapter 2 so you can't hit me! :P ). Also why when I click on the links for the pages of chptr 2. It says that the serever wasn't found or something? What up with this stuff?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Mave » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:36 am

firestorm wrote:Hey Mave one question WHAT'S THE HOLD UP!!!!!! :comp: lo jk
really why is it taking so long to bring chapter 3 out (mind you it's been around a month to a couple of weeks since I read chapter 2 so you can't hit me! :P ). Also why when I click on the links for the pages of chptr 2. It says that the serever wasn't found or something? What up with this stuff?

1) :sweat: Chap 3 is on the way, see status in my signature, just that I've been caught up with other priorities. Thanks for the patience. I try to release a chapter every month but I guess it's not happening. :eh: I'll try my best, ok? Chap 3 should be out by this coming weekend. ^^
2) As to the server....sigh, I'll look into it. I suspect it's the geocities bandwidth limit. :( I've had one or two suggestions to switch hosting but I've delayed the effort coz I know nothing about hosting. hmm...I'll need to find the time and resources to do it. I apologize for that error but I think I can't really do anything about it at the moment :bang: . So sorry!!! waahhh

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that I hosted my comic on my university account *poor graduate student heh* My university always does server maintenance stuff during the break (this week is Spring Break but I still have to work...wahhh) and therefore, the server may be down sometimes. Thought I'll clarify that. I just checked Chapter 2 and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to do what I can. ^^
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:38 am

I must say that I am very encouraged by what I see in your progress bar. It changes relatively frequently, by progress bar in sig standards. Thank you for doing this. In my mind, it eliminates any need to ask how things are going.
uc pseudonym

Postby Benu » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:25 pm

I just read your manga Mave and I love it. It's really good you and your Bishies. No I'm not going to ask for chapter 3 I don't want a head bonk. I'll wait for it.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Mave keeps her promise!

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:22 pm

*crawls into thread*

Hello everyone,

It's time for an update. Chapter 3 is out and ready for evaluation (check the first post). I would jump around and celebrate but it's been a hard long mangakaing day and I can hardly keep my eyes open for now. *leaning towards bed*

BTW, Firestorm...I AM SO SORRY! I reorganized my files and forgot to update the links in the first thread. That was why you couldn't get the files!

Class, what did Mave learn from producing Chap 3?
1) Never, never, NEVER attempt to finish "photoshoping" the whole chapter in one day. 9 pages is enough to kill any poor amateur artist. Remember the pros usually have assistants or apprentices. Mave unfortunately does not. :shady:
2) Ink properly!!! :bang: A lot of time was wasted in cleaning up the file and fixing "loose ends."

In my humble opinion, things could have been a lot better with this chapter. Somewhere in the middle, panelling got too cluttered and over-screentoned. I feel my dialogue is kinda weak too (I don't really spend too much time on it >_<) Always room for improvement and your honest feedback is what I need.

I desperately need to be more efficient and effective! I estimated that it took ~20-24 hours total to complete this (12 pages only!). Is that too much time?

Anyways, I'll leave it for everyone to evaluate it. I need to recover from "mangakaing overwork". XD

*crawls into bed*
Mave

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:07 pm

Mave, my favorite manga-ka, it looks great! :hug: *thumbs way up* I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with the whole head bonking fiasco. BTW, when are you going to finish Chapter 4? *hehe* jkjk

It sounds like you had a busy day. I hope you rest and don't push yourself too hard.:)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby inkhana » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:24 pm

Great job, Mave! Isn't it a shame how much work goes into your manga and we sit here and read the whole chapter in just a few minutes? >.<

At any rate, you're doing excellently. I like the way you used ink and tone...it looks good to me...:) Be sure to get plenty of rest before you start the next chapter...;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:48 pm

The last page of chapter 3 doesn't work ; _ ; but other than that it looks good :]
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby inkhana » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:22 am

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that...it's broken for me also...I get about a sixth of the page and that's it...-_-;; It looks like maybe a bad upload or something.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:52 pm

I have fixed the last page. ^^ Sorry for the bad upload. From what I last checked, all pages are fully functional.
Mave

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:13 pm

I cant find CH 3?
What happened? (Pokes comp)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:14 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I cant find CH 3?
What happened? (Pokes comp)

Chapter 3 files can be found in the first post of this thread. XD

BTW, for those who have read Chap 3 already, I'm sorry for the confusion. Richard and Linda are a couple and Kim's worried of getting in between them unintentionally. Somehow I failed to make that clear. 0.o *thinks of how to fix that*
Mave

Next

Return to Webmanga/comics