Video Game Review Requests

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Video Game Review Requests

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Hi everyone. This thread is for requesting a review of a Video Game. PUt another way, if you are wondering about a certain game, let us know here, and someone will try and write up a review.

Please note that the VG reviewers are volunteers and have lives outside this thread, and your request may take a while to be processed.

Other than that, request away!
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:34 am

Could someone review the Inuyasha RPG, Secret of the Cursed Mask?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:09 pm

i'd like to post reviews for Larry-Boy and the Bad Apple and the Ratchet and Clank games 1-3
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Rather than claim them, we'd rather people just did the reviews. Please read the "how to write a good review" thread, too. We're asking for a specific format, here.

The point of this thread is to request someone write a review of a specifc title.

Thanks!
Mithrandir

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:20 pm

wow. i didn't realize that there was a video game review section until just recently. umm...here are my requests:
Okami, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and .Hack (all four games).

Thanks.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby LittleTokyo91 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Can some one review, Trauma center, both for DS and WII?

Thank you
No one knows what goes on inside of your head
And everything seems to be ok.
And your the same as you've always been (your the same)
If I'd listened, would you have talked to me?

I don't wanna Let You Down,
But I can't even pick up myself.
I only wanted to make you proud,
But I don't think I can do this anymore.

When did this crowded room get so lonely?
And everyone keeps looking at me.
I'm tired (so tired) of faking my life
I'm so tired, I don't wanna feel this way.
-P.O.D.
LittleTokyo91

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 pm

oh, my apologies mith, already got my larryboy review submitted, but those ratchet and clank ones are gonna take a while.
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:30 am

It's OK. I edited that first post so that it's (hopefully) a little more clear what I was meaning to say.

Thanks!
Mithrandir

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:12 am

EDIT shoulda read a head i will do a Gears of War review
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 am

jon_jinn wrote:wow. i didn't realize that there was a video game review section until just recently. umm...here are my requests:
Okami, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and .Hack (all four games).

Thanks.

I would be absolutely stoked to do a Chrono Cross review (being my all time favorite game and what), but until I get all the endings (or at least watch them all on Youtube) and do a quick run-through in New Game + mode, I don't see it happening soon. One o' these days, though, if someone doesn't beat me to it. XD

That said, I'm starting a New Game + right now, once I print off a copy of the Review Writing Guide. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 pm

jon_jinn wrote:wow. i didn't realize that there was a video game review section until just recently.

>.>

<.<

Check out the date:
http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5

:D
Mithrandir

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:01 pm

yep. this thread was started almost a good week ago. i should've noticed it by now. XD

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Puritan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Chrono Trigger....given that Chrono Cross is taken *shakes fist at Radical Dreamer in mock anger* I'll settle for the first game of the franchise, given I've achieved every ending possible in this game. I have a New Game + file sitting around, so doing a run-through of this classic shouldn't take long (just to make sure I don't miss anything).
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Hmmm..... I'll write a review for .hack Infection. (If anyone wants to write one for Mutation, then i'll be okay. I don't have that game, so i won't be able to go back and re-play it. XD) I'll also probably write a review for Tales of Symphonia.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:57 pm

If anyone touches Final Fantasy 6 or Half-Life...

They will not live to see tomorrow *rwar*

^___^
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:39 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:If anyone touches Final Fantasy 6 or Half-Life...

They will not live to see tomorrow *rwar*

Fish and Chips

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:09 am

LittleTokyo91 wrote:Can some one review, Trauma center, both for DS and WII?

Thank you

I've only played and beaten the Wii version, but I'll go ahead and take it.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:43 pm

Fish and Chips wrote:Image

DON'T YOU DARE

DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH IT!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:52 pm

well, i might consider doing a review on the Golden Sun series if i get the time...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:45 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:DON'T YOU DARE

DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH IT!

I CALL HALF LIFE!
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:51 pm

Guess I'll call dibs on Red Alert 2, as it's my favorite RTS game.
Fish and Chips

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:55 pm

Can I review a classic PC game from the late 1990s?
bigsleepj

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:56 pm

bigsleepj wrote:Can I review a classic PC game from the late 1990s?

I should think so. What "Classic PC" game did you have in mind?
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Half-Life is from the late 1990s, and I just submitted my review.

*dances*
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:11 pm

bigsleepj wrote:Can I review a classic PC game from the late 1990s?

Yes. While people are more likely to check the database for reviews of new games, we're completely open to ones for older games. I'll be writing some myself.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Since everyone seems to be "calling games," I'm going to be blunt:

The declaration or order these are received is not a guarantee that you will get your review accepted. Don't call it; write it. If you have a good one up there, we'll take it. If there are 5, we'll take the best. If it makes you feel better, think of it in terms of a "vibrant democracy."
Mithrandir

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:30 am

Bluntness duly noted. Red Alert 2 review submitted. If it needs some tweaking, just tell me.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 am

I wouldn't mind writing a Thief 2: The Metal Age review in the near future.
Where is the "how to write a good review" thread? I searched and found nothing.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:17 am

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:08 pm

question: how do we start a thread with a link to the review since non-mods/non-admins can't start thread in the game review section?
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews