CAA Radio - Episode 24 - "AHH! Food hands!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio - Episode 24 - "AHH! Food hands!"

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 pm

In this show, we are joined by another special guest, talk about openings and endings, foreigners in anime, improper use of firearms, and much more!

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.

Enjoy!
Link Antilles

Postby blkmage » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah, your thoughts on Sora no Woto were pretty much spot on. The world was definitely the most interesting part of the show. Also, Honey and Clover is really good. Hearing the OP again brings me back and it totally got me the first time I watched that, hooooly crap that made me jump back.
blkmage

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

For the younger viewers, as I commented in the Podcast, Nana is NOT for kids, and its not for those who are bothered by pre-marital sex. I am actually very annoyed by the amount of stuff that's in this show. I'm halfway through, and gah its really really heavy on it. Its not graphic, or anything but most definitely implied.

I say this because I am not saying its a GREAT anime to watch, or that anyone should I just wanted to try it and see what all the hype is about.

But yah, if there is time in the next show I'll probably have it finished and give my full opinion about it. XD

ChristianKitsune- Watching the anime that you don't need to! :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Since telling people to hit up Berserk on Google Images just might be the most inadvisable thing I could possibly recommend on air, for your convenience here's your standard par for the course Berserk cover.

More specifically now, this is volume 33.

And this is the Chika Umino specially-packaged alternative dust jacket that came with it.

Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Great show guys. Since this took less time to air, does that mean you'll be going more than once a month? Also, it sounds really familiar but what was the song during the break?

Also, I'll have to go watch Tatami Galaxy and Honey and Clover now.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Some much to comment on, so I may come back later if I remember something else. XD

But, if there is going to be a Doctor Who/British show podcast, I will fangirl my heart out. <3

The Let's Watch was "So Ra No Wo To", right (not sure if I heard it right, so I'm guessing by what you all are talking about)? Wasn't that the one that had the poster with the grade school looking girls in military uniforms? XD; It seems interesting. I agree with Link that the art style looks very nice, though.
But yeah, the unrealistic aspect (and too much moe for no reason) does turn me away from the series. :\

I need to watch Honey and Clover. The manga was brilliant, I hope the anime is just as great or better. :3

That Berserk cover....XDD;

Also, I would like to mention that you all sound great mic-wise. No one sounds like they are in a tunnel anymore. XD;;
goldenspines

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm

You cannot escape Stan Lee.
He is omnipresent.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 pm

thaaat's creepy, UC. ._.`
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

Great episode. I really enjoyed it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby airichan623 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Awesome episode! Though I was surprised no one mentioned Patricia Martin from Lucky Star in the foreigner discussion.

Is the break song from Fruits Basket? It's so familiar but I cant put my finger on where its from... or is it from FMA Brotherhood?

PS. I SPAZZED OUT when I found out my topic made it in! I told everyone that would understand that I was temporarily famous to maybe 500+ people! XD But FYI, Fish, you say my name Ai (like the Japanese word for love or the letter 'I')-ree. 'I'-ree. :)

Now I really need to watch Honey and Clover, Spice and Wolf, and the rest of Hetalia. XD

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby mechana2015 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm

airichan623 (post: 1392603) wrote:Awesome episode! Though I was surprised no one mentioned Patricia Martin from Lucky Star in the foreigner discussion.

Is the break song from Fruits Basket? It's so familiar but I cant put my finger on where its from... or is it from FMA Brotherhood?

PS. I SPAZZED OUT when I found out my topic made it in! I told everyone that would understand that I was temporarily famous to maybe 500+ people! XD But FYI, Fish, you say my name Ai (like the Japanese word for love or the letter 'I')-ree. 'I'-ree. :)

Now I really need to watch Honey and Clover, Spice and Wolf, and the rest of Hetalia. XD

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

I haven't seen more than half an episode of Lucky Star, so that's at least one Host that wouldn't know. :D

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 am

Good work as always, peoples.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby airichan623 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Figured it out! The break music is from FMA Brotherhood! XD

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:08 pm

awesome! they talked about The Tatami Galaxy! :3
And House of five leaves! good good

Dr who!!!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby steenajack » Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Okay guys, I just watched that Honey and Clover opening and.......yikes....It's just....not right for some reason. It makes me stare at it and go "What the heck? Did I just loose brain cells?" Watch it if you dare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGg9yZKGxE
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts