Gamecast - 55 - "Fenced In"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - 55 - "Fenced In"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun May 31, 2009 7:58 am

In this show, we talk about how Value broke Team Fortress 2, food, Metal Gear conspiracy theories, and E3!

Click here to download the latest show
Link Antilles

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am

"Broke TF2"? Oh man, now I'm going to listen to this one.

Okay so I listened to Omega voice his concerns. His concerns are very similar to many of those within the Valve Community.

Now I'm a frequent TF2 player. I've clocked many hours, studied professional strategies, and often times reach the top of the scoreboard in numerous servers (Usually with Soldier, Sniper, or Spy). I've never played with Omega and his clan, though I would really love to one day. I'll voice some of my thoughts while listen to what Omega is saying.

1. Valve has yet to really implement a fool-proof method of weapon distribution. The achievement method wasn't exactly bad. The random drops is just frustrating. However, since I think most of the new items are pointless, it really doesn't bother me.

2. The taunt kill achievements. Those can be done during the humiliation mode of each round. Losing players are still able to taunt. Someone once got the achievement OMGWTFBBQ by using the Hadoken taunt on me when we won as a team.

3. I HATE how they added a crosshair to the sniper rifle unscoped. No Valve game has done that till now and it's annoying and makes no-scoping easier.

4. SO many of the new items are absolutely useless. As a proficient sniper, I find the Huntsman mostly useless. The only advantage of this weapon is that the arrow can arch, thus widening your attack range (i.e. down a hill). For me at least, the Sniper Rifle tends to be an overall better weapon. Faster killing and more precision.

Great TF2 Sniping Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc

Omega, your clan's sniper sounds very interesting. I would like to play and learn a thing or two from him. =)

5. The Jarate is okay and the Razorback is useless. I like the SMG too much to switch to either of them.

6. The Dead Ringer is interesting. The Cloak-And-Dagger is fun, has some downsides but also some advantages. The Ambassador is a great side-upgrade. No real complaints with the Spy items.

7. The worst new item is still obviously the Sandman. Stuns should be removed from TF2. Pyro's Flare Gun is useless they implement the critical attack it creates when hitting someone already on fire (which Robin Walker has said was a good idea in an email). Kritzkrieg I'm still unsure about. I still think that Invul Ubers are better than Crit-Ubers, as the Kritzkrieg is too situational. Natascha and Sandvich are also useless. I never use them. Force of Nature is an inferior weapon and the Bonk! is okay, but I prefer to keep my pistol. Shotguns are too important to give up.

Only items I use: Blutslaugter, KGB, Axetinguisher, Ambassador, Cloak-and-Dagger, and Ubersaw.

8. HATS. I want me some hats!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:16 pm

FYI folks, the next show will be up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Link Antilles

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts