Gamecast - Episode 45 - "Don't Buy Wii Music!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 45 - "Don't Buy Wii Music!"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 pm

In this show, we talk about Little Big Planet copyright issues, Wii Music, cardboard boxes, the burning of ropes, monks, and much more!

You can download the latest show from here now:
http://www.linkantilles.com/gamecast/

Question to the audience:
What games to you plan to finish by the end of this year?
Link Antilles

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm only playing one game right now, but it's going to take me more than the remainder of the year to finish it since it's so huge. That game is Fallout 3.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1270630) wrote:I'm only playing one game right now, but it's going to take me more than the remainder of the year to finish it since it's so huge. That game is Fallout 3.

Oh yeah, 40 hours or so in here and I've got plenty more to do.

Just curious, are you playing on the PS3 or PC?
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Nate, I'm curious what you think makes Earthbound an unlikely candidate for being brought to the US... unless you're just referring to the Magypses.

Link Antilles wrote:Oh yeah, 40 hours or so in here and I've got plenty more to do.

I feel exactly the same way about You Have to Burn the Rope.
[spoiler]My interpretation is that "rope" refers to our lives, as in the vernacular phrase "at the end of my rope." In that case, "burn" could be considered to be a necessary breaking of one's mortal state. Indeed, the game could potentially be about depression, as one's character battles the Grinning Colossus. Taken in a negative light, the player is battling happiness and, when successful, the game (life) ends. Taken positively, the colossus is the outside world, grinning in mockery while shooting bubbles, just like in real life.[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:35 pm

The Magypsies are a big factor, but there's a few others (I'll put in spoiler tags).
[SPOILER]The Oxygen Machines in the ocean are another big red flag, along with the technical drug use on Tanetane Island. Some minor things too, that would probably be changed in the translation, but still.[/SPOILER]

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:50 am

Good episode.

As for game, that depends what I'm playing. I suppose currently I'm going to say Antagonist and Cave Quest. yes, I still have to finish both. I suck.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:39 pm

About the monks....

Here is the Lasermonks website. Click on Monastery Items to get a look of the selection. These guys link to products made by other monasteries as well.

My family has decided to order a fruitcake from this abbey: Assumption Abbey. Click on Enter Site, then Abbey Fruitcakes to take a look. On a future episode, I will let you know how it tastes.

As for you Fallout 3 players....

Check out Planet Fallout's Google Map of Capital Wasteland. Players are submitting points of interest. This might be a time-saver for you.

Now I will return to installing my copy of Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir....
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Omega Amen (post: 1271456) wrote:Now I will return to installing my copy of Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir....

What that's out already?! I thought I had another week. Craaap.
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Okay, I have to say this after playing this game for several hours.

Valkyria Chronicles was practically made for the CAA audience. Great art style, nicely thought out strategy map design, solid class balance and other RPG mechanics, good voice acting, and a story that would draw any anime fan in through the end.

If you are a PS3 owner who likes anime and strategy RPGs, you have to buy this game.

I am very concerned this will be a "sleeper hit," meaning it will have horrible sales this fall due to the competition out there and a lack of marketing, and thus, we will never see any follow-ups to this gem.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:04 am

Link Antilles (post: 1270638) wrote:Oh yeah, 40 hours or so in here and I've got plenty more to do.

Just curious, are you playing on the PS3 or PC?

PC of course!
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts