Gamecast - Episode 43 - "Lowering the Bar"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 43 - "Lowering the Bar"

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:17 pm

In this show, we talk about the Antagonist, Mega Man 9, Wipeout, and the Nintendo DSi.

We are having some trouble with the website, download the show from here:
Show Download - Right Click "Save As"

Question to the Audience:
If it were an acronym, what should the "BAR" Association stand for?
Link Antilles

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Download Virtual Silence here.
Fish and Chips

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Still working on the problem.
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 pm

Thanks for the commentary, guys. It's always interesting to see how people react to the plot, as I think I play my hand too heavily at the beginning but from the general responses this doesn't seem to be the case. I suspect that your discussion might be more fruitful if by next session you've played a bit further - I'm pretty sure everyone will get it by the time the forest scenes are over (the area after the cave, essentially).

I can make a few comments in the meantime:
- Omega, on the main menu there is an option labeled "Volume." Go to it and press right or left to change the sound levels (far left mutes).
- Allegedly the shops system has undergone an overhaul since the game was released and when I create a new version the equipment should be clearer. I suggest saving before you buy.
- The name "super apostles" comes from II Corinthians 11-12.
uc pseudonym

Postby Omega Amen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:24 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1262664) wrote:- Omega, on the main menu there is an option labeled "Volume." Go to it and press right or left to change the sound levels (far left mutes).
That does not work for me. I push the volume bar left, and it has no effect on the volume whatsoever.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:19 am

Another good show, gentlemen. As soon as I get Boot Camp running, I'll be sure to check out Antagonist . . . right after I FINALLY get the freaking Orange Box running.

[gungeek]Also, it's Browning Automatic Rifle. The term "assault rifle" didn't really come into vogue until the latter half of the 20th century. [/gungeek]

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Omega Amen wrote:That does not work for me. I push the volume bar left, and it has no effect on the volume whatsoever.

I have no idea why. For that matter, I was a bit surprised that you felt it was too loud, as I tried to choose tracks erring on the side of too quiet.

At the same time, I can't think of local conditions that would cause that. It works fine for me; does anyone else have Omega's problem? I know I playtested the game while listening to this podcast and plenty of other things.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:25 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym (post: 1262854)"]I have no idea why. For that matter, I was a bit surprised that you felt it was too loud, as I tried to choose tracks erring on the side of too quiet.

At the same time, I can't think of local conditions that would cause that. It works fine for me]

Is the music in the game midi based? I played it but I don't remember... I just know many lower end sound cards will have midi all the way to 11 (heh) and you can't turn it down... Like mine, for instance... I just have to turn up the sound effects all the way, and hope I can hear them over the blaring of the midi... It's one of the few black marks against my current machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:31 pm

It's all midi, I believe (format limitations are built into the engine). That could be a problem, then.
uc pseudonym

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts