CAA Gamecast - Episode 40 - "Hey, whatcha' playing?"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Gamecast - Episode 40 - "Hey, whatcha' playing?"

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:58 pm

In this show, we talk more about the games we have been playing as summer comes to a close. Summer game drought? Not here in North America and we like it!

Grab the latest show here: http://www.linkantilles.com/caagamecast/ or, search "CAA Gamecast" on iTunes!

Question to the Audience:

What games have you been playing during the summer?
Link Antilles

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 am

Bionic Commando: rearmed.
Uncharted (for trophies)
Stardust (ditto, though I haven't played either one in a bit)
UT3 (both on my PC with my awesome new 3d card, and on the PS3 with a controller that DOESN'T make my CTS flare up the way a kb/m does)
Orange Box (HL2 is the best Single Player FPS experience I've ever had. Bioshock comes close, though.)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP version)
Fina Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (beautiful game, even with the lack of exploration)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:16 pm

More games than I thought, in retrospect. Here is what immediately comes to mind:
Dark Cloud
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy XII (completionist)
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
I Wanna be the Guy (Hard mode)
uc pseudonym

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1254536) wrote:Bionic Commando: rearmed.
After I got a handle on the grappling arm mechanic, I cannot emphasize enough how ridiculously awesome is this game.

To show how awesome it is, the folks at Capcom in Japan created this opening song for Bionic Commando Rearmed: Take a look!
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:34 am

I'd like to add... If I had a 360, I'd buy braid... I saw a video on youtube, and it looked pretty awesome.

There's all sorts of crap on PSN that's over 10 bucks... Warhawk, Quest for Booty, Siren, and Stardust (20 bucks, I believe, once you have the WHOLE GAME) and they're all great games, though I think Stadust was a bit overpriced...

BTW, I use control scheme 3 (aka super mario world style) on Bionic Commando: Rearmed... The initial control scheme is really bad...

uc pseudonym (post: 1254604) wrote:I Wanna be the Guy (Hard mode)

I'm still in shock that a Multimedia Fusion game has reached this kind of cult fandom... Seriously... WHen I heard the following this game had... I used to be really into "Klik 'n' Play" which was the predecessor to MMF, and I had a HUGE project I was working on before I swtiched to a new computer in 2000... By that point, I'd already lost my KnP disc, so it went bye-bye... Every last bit of sound and graphics in the game were original... They were all mine! It was a top down metal gear 1/ zelda 1 style movement. It was a puzzle and simple shooter, and I was quite attatched to it. One of the biggest projects I'd ever worked on. It didn't look that great at the time, but I could have worked on it later... In any case, can't look back.

Last note... I'm enjoying the Bluray Java via USB implementation on the PS3... That's all I'll say due to CAA rules, unless I'm misunderstanding this particular rule.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:17 am

Expanding on my deceptively vague playlist.

Freeware Games

Doukutsu Monogatari - Cave Story
Kyntt
Kyntt Stories
GoldenEye 2D
Eternal Daughter
Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment

I have also been experimenting with a free MMORPG title called Progress Quest. It is basically the best of its genre I have ever seen, and anyone who plays it will immediately see why.

And also, I'd probably be playing I Wanna Be the Guy except that the last time I downloaded it it had a habit of doing bad things to my computer.

May try La-Mulana in the near future.

Mainstream/Professional Games
Beyond Good and Evil
Bioshock
Mother 3
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I'm still in shock that a Multimedia Fusion game has reached this kind of cult fandom... Seriously... WHen I heard the following this game had...

I'd say that it deserves it. Most of the time the game is fun, interesting, and challenging, if occasionally a bit frustrating. I'd play again on Very Hard, but trying to do the entire Tyson-MechaBirdo section in one go is more than I'm willing to take.
uc pseudonym

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 am

I only got around to listening to this today. As usual it was very good. :)

What games have you been playing during the summer?

This, erm, winter, I've been playing Sam and Max, season One and a lot of other games. Nothing in particular until Soul Calibur 4 showed up.

Edit: And I'm currently playing Antagonist. Woohoo!
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts