Gamecast - Episode 39 - "E3 2008"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 39 - "E3 2008"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:59 pm

In this show, we discuss E3 2008 and talk about all the big games shown off at the event.

Grab the show on iTunes or go here: http://www.linkantilles.com/caagamecast/
Link Antilles

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Final Fantasy 7: Crisis core was the biggest seller on the PSP ever, and it launched the PSP to number 1 in Japan, a lead they still hold... They made 77,777 limited edition PSPs that sold for TWICE the price of a standard PSP in Japan, and they sold out within the first week. I've been seeing a whole lot more people around my school with PSPs once Crisis core hit, and I've had some hardcore X360 fanboy friends (one who thinks anyone who buys a PS3 is an idiot, flat out) say if the FF7 remake hit the PS3 exclusively, he'd buy one, and I've seen that echoed on the internet quite a bit, in Kotaku comments and various comments elsewhere that people have made. JRPGs may have diminished a bit in popularity in the US, but don't you dare say they don't matter, even if Final Fantasy is simply a superstar JRPG.

I think the game that stood out to me most in E3 was the one I didn't get to see... Heavy Rain. It was said to amaze everyone in the limited audience they brought into the private room to watch it. It will probably be shown off at Leipzig since it's a French game. It's the spiritual successor to Indigo Prophecy, and being funded by Sony. I'm really excited about that.

What I WILL say doesn't matter is gamers to Nintendo...

Nintendon't need you anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 am

Great show as always, guys! Couldn't agree more on the Nintendo press conference. As for the color of my avatar's shirt... I don't know... maybe red?

So, when Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 hit, anyone want to team up on XBox Live?
Yuen Fei Lung

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts