CAA Radio - Episode Seventeen "Serious business"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio - Episode Seventeen "Serious business"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:06 pm

In this show, we talk about Oprah, broken steak knives, lost limbs, and conventions.

Grab the show here: http://www.linkantilles.com/caaradio

Challenge to the Audience:

Write a short intentionally bad fan fiction of your choice.

Rules:
1. 100 words or less.
2. All fandoms and crossovers accepted (Anime, film, podcast. |:,' )
3. Include the name of the podcast member you want to read your entry in an epic narration voice. Two to three winners will be selected and read aloud in episode 18.
Link Antilles

Postby Ingemar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Tohru gazed at the moonless night. Suddenly a stranger grabbed her.
“Help me Yuki!” she screamed.
Yuki didn't come. But MILLIONS OF BEARS assaulted her attacker.
Hours later, Tohru hugged Yuki who suddenly turned into a shinigami. And then Shinigami-Yuki disappeared leaving a notebook. Tohru wrote down everything she felt and experienced that day and mentioned everyone she loved.
She woke up that morning and all her friends and loved ones were dead. Then, a giant Greek letter appeared in the sky, and a voice boomed, “I WILL END YOU AND ALL YOU LOVE.”

Tohru's attacker? Someone named Nate.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

[quote="Ingemar (post: 1216983)"]She woke up that morning and all her friends and loved ones were dead. Then, a giant Greek letter appeared in the sky, and a voice boomed, “I WILL END YOU AND ALL YOU LOVE.â€
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Hahahaha, Fish changed the subject XDD

I'll have to get back to you on the challenge \o.o/

/me has survived Ingemar's bear attack and dares to speak about it \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ingemar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Omega Amen (post: 1217047) wrote:Dude, that is so awesome.

Forgot to mention that little blurb was EXACTLY 100 words.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:59 am

99, actually.

Nate hasn't made it a habit to appear on the podcast these days though, so unless you can convince him to make a special guest star appearance, I'd say name another host.
Fish and Chips

Postby rii namuras » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:48 am

[color="Red"](I'm not done listening yet, but for the record, the crystal paperweight was to knock out the teacher. After they knocked her [him?] out, they were going to tie her up with the duck tape and then beat her with the other weapons.)

(And I will do the fanfiction thing. I will. After school.)

edit: (Baccano! and kinda sorta Naruto. And ninjas vs. pirates.)

The year, 2008. The city, New York. A man and a woman walk through Central Park. One is in an orange jumpsuit, the other a pink wig and dress. They seemed oblivious to the crowds around them, until...

“Heeey, Isaac~?”

“What's up, Miria?”

“If we're dressed up as ninjas, why is everyone following us?”

Isaac paused. “Well, you see, Miria... It's like this.” He secretively leaned towards Miria and caught his wig onto a tree. “...We're really like pirates, robbing this city. But if we're dressed as ninjas, no one will expect us to be pirates!”

“You're a genius, Isaac!"

(And I pick me to read it out loud. Oh yes.)

(...)

(But barring that, Fish. Because he is the only host I am aware of that watches Baccano! and is therefore the only person other than me worthy of reading this aloud.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:47 am

rii namuras wrote:[color="Red"]

(And I pick me to read it out loud. Oh yes.)

(...)

(But barring that, Fish. Because he is the only host I am aware of that watches Baccano! and is therefore the only person other than me worthy of reading this aloud.)[/color]

I've watched all of baccano as well.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:29 am

rii namuras (post: 1217080) wrote:[color="Red"](But barring that, Fish. Because he is the only host I am aware of that watches Baccano! and is therefore the only person other than me worthy of reading this aloud.)[/color]

Man, you want me to do the voices, don't you.
Fish and Chips

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 am

Errr, all of you guys have great voices o.o I'd say you guys pick four fan fics, so all of you guys can read one.. That is, if everyone wants to read one that is ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Just commenting on the Oprah thing, there is this video (which ends on a political note, so you can turn it off at that part if you want, I guess) about that, which many of you may have seen, but I think it's on topic for that...

http://www.youtube.com/v/JW4LLwkgmqA&hl=en

I have my theories, but I know they're not CAA appropriate, so I'll leave it at that.

Fanfiction "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Waga Waga" read by... Um... Link:

Harry held Hermynee close. "Now that Jenny was revealed to be Voldimor's twin on Polyjuice potion and Ron was just an illusion of our confunded minds, we can finally be together like we had planed "

"Oh, Harry. Your right. I cant belive Ive been decieved all these times"

Hermione reached the flooor. She picked up a rock with a trangle and a circle and a line in it... "Wait! So this is?"

She turned it three times, holding it in hers and Harrys hands together, and they lived with eveyrone they loved forever. "NO JAMES!!" And james was a vampire.

EDIT:

Ax. Yay for me going last year, meeting CAA people... I'm not going this year, money and time issues due to school. It's a big possibility I'll go to E3, though. EDIT2: Oh, and I went to E4all last year, too. Got to play MGS4, meet David Hayter, Akira Yamaoka, and play Rock Band before very many other people did. Not gonna go this year, especially if my friend gets me into E3. Next up? Leipzig and TGS... Maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Angel37 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1217196) wrote:Just commenting on the Oprah thing, there is this video (which ends on a political note, so you can turn it off at that part if you want, I guess) about that, which many of you may have seen, but I think it's on topic for that...

http://www.youtube.com/v/JW4LLwkgmqA&hl=en

I have my theories, but I know they're not CAA appropriate, so I'll leave it at that.

Fanfiction "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Waga Waga" read by... Um... Link:

Harry held Hermynee close. "Now that Jenny was revealed to be Voldimor's twin on Polyjuice potion and Ron was just an illusion of our confunded minds, we can finally be together like we had planed "

"Oh, Harry. Your right. I cant belive Ive been decieved all these times"

Hermione reached the flooor. She picked up a rock with a trangle and a circle and a line in it... "Wait! So this is?"

She turned it three times, holding it in hers and Harrys hands together, and they lived with eveyrone they loved forever. "NO JAMES!!" And james was a vampire.

EDIT:

Ax. Yay for me going last year, meeting CAA people... I'm not going this year, money and time issues due to school. It's a big possibility I'll go to E3, though. EDIT2: Oh, and I went to E4all last year, too. Got to play MGS4, meet David Hayter, Akira Yamaoka, and play Rock Band before very many other people did. Not gonna go this year, especially if my friend gets me into E3. Next up? Leipzig and TGS... Maybe.

This gets my vote. Seriously...*rofl*
Angel37

Postby Peanut » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 pm

You should have known it was coming...I present the CAA Radio/CAA Gamecast crossover Fanfic...

Link: Hello everyone and welcome to another CAA Podcast, I’m Link Antilles and today I am joined by Fish. How are you doing?

Fish: I’m doing great I just got done playing Brawl online.

Link: Oh really how was it?

Crash: Not the gamecast.

Link: Actually we’ve been forced to fuse the podcasts thanks to budget cuts.

Nate: Yep.

Crash: Ah when did you get here!

Nate: I snuck in like a Ninja.

Omega: Same.

Mech: Where’s Ryan?

MicrosoftSam: He’s gone now.

Crash: Funny Link.

Link: I didn’t do that.

MicrosoftSam: HAHAHAHAHA! All your base belong to me!

*Collective scream*

Honestly anyone of you can read it...though it would be funny to hear this read by Microsoft Sam...or at least some of it...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby goldenspines » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Great podcast guys! :D
I loved the broken steak knives to Oprah transition. XD Actually, all the subject transitions were good, but that one took the cake.
I have yet to meet CAAers at a con. I wish for a chance to soon, but I fear my money and time are rather low at the moment. But there's always room for miracles. XD

And I don't believe I can lower my IQ enough to attempt a bad fanfition, but I'll give it some thought and I may come up with a sad entry later.

[EDIT] Here is my very sad attempt at a extremely bad fanfiction. I put several different characters in all from different anime(and a video game), but for the sake of being proper...this is a Final Fantasy-Bleach-Naruto-Death Note fanfiction. {disclaimer}:Warning, very bad grammar and overly used fangirlism ahead. Those seemed the re-occurring elements in the bad fanfitions that I've seen.
Thank you and enjoy.
*ahem*

-----------------------------
nu flames plz, just nice reviews, I wurkd hard on dis! :D

vincent valentine, ichigo, sasuke, and L all walk into a niec restarant, they sit down and have drink but ther is a trap and restarant blows up into tiny bits and everyone dies, except for vincent, because he’s too aweomse 2 dii. sasuke lives too, L dies tho cuz he not cool, and vincent is so much better!!!11one =^_^=
they all liv happy after except 4 L, because he not cool as vincent!

-----------------------------

*cough*
No, I don't know what happened to Ichigo.
I'm quite sure several kittens died during the making of this, though.

I suddenly have an undying need to go shoot myself now. >_>;;

Also, if this gets picked to be read because of some weird reason, I nominate Link or Ryan(if he so chooses to grace the podcast with his presence) to read it.
goldenspines

Postby rii namuras » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:53 pm

[color="Red"](Sorry, Mech, I didn't know!)

(And yes, Fish. Oh yes.)

( ::maniacal laugh:: )[/color]
rii namuras

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:59 pm

If Fish wants to read this he can go ahead, but I personally think this sounds best in Microsoft SAM. Reading without any periods is obligatory.

so sepiroth was walking and there was this guy and he said hello sepiroth my name is cloud i will kill you and sepiroth said hello cloud my name is sepiroth you will not kill me because of the sword and cloud said no i will and they start to fight all fast like with the big scene until everything came down with great boom and sepiroth was standing but cloud was not because he had dead suddenly the building began to explode and it fell down the rocks were about to hit sepiroth but he dodge and ate lunch
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 pm

so sepiroth was walking and there was this guy and he said hello sepiroth my name is cloud i will kill you and sepiroth said hello cloud my name is sepiroth you will not kill me because of the sword and cloud said no i will and they start to fight all fast like with the big scene until everything came down with great boom and sepiroth was standing but cloud was not because he had dead suddenly the building began to explode and it fell down the rocks were about to hit sepiroth but he dodge and ate lunch

You need to put "FOR FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES" somewhere in there...

And I too have seen Baccano in it's entirety. =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:You need to put "FOR FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES" somewhere in there...

That occurred to me, but I intentionally decided not to use any of the funny things from other stories. "And then X was a zombie" makes a good meme, but it works better in casual conversation. Not that what I wrote was incredibly original, but I was aiming for a different kind of project.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Hahaha, you win Sephiroth.. I mean UC :P Lol, I'd love to hear you read that XDD

Even if you didn't write that XD
Tsukuyomi

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:51 pm

I loved listening to this. I must admit that I am a little disappointed that Link didn't pronounce all the names and titles; I was looking forward to it.
I am endeavoring to go to Otakon. The last Con I attended was a travesty, and I won't even go into how. Suffice it to say, leaving was the best part. I'm hoping my next experience won't be quite so terrible.

My bad fan fiction contribution:

like zomg i worte this last nite n its not betad but i hope u like it anyway ok review plz! no flames!

Destiny was the most beautiful girl in her school and really nice but the other girls were really jealous and beat her up a lot but and she told her parents but they didn't care so she was just walking alone and she feel into this world that she had never not been to before and she saw this really hawt guy with really long hair and he said "my names Sephiroth are you ok?" and she said "yes, my names Destiny, wuld you stay with me?" and she was really beautiful and really nice and stuff so Sephiroth culd not resist and she wuz instantly beheaded.

I apologize for it being so dark. I have noted that bad fan fiction is riddled with angst. If it makes it to the show, could the resident lady host read it?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Oddly enough, Crash's husband's nickname is Destiny. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rii namuras » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:57 pm

[color="Red"](Haha, I haven't been listening regularly and haven't heard you for a while, Ryan. So I guess my host count is off or something.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1217507) wrote:Oddly enough, Crash's husband's nickname is Destiny. XD

Be kidding. O.o
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Hee hee, DS. That was a whole lot of funniez XD

What a coinkidink @__@

/me likes that name, Destiny ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Ingemar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Please please please tell me that Crash and Destiny are not their real names. I do not care if you are lying. Just tell me sweet little lies that I can tell my friends and pets.

Ingemar

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:27 pm

o.o.... anyway, who's Microsoft Sam o.o?
Tsukuyomi

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1217640) wrote:o.o.... anyway, who's Microsoft Sam o.o?

Microsoft Sam is a voice emulator that's mostly used for the "Narrator" program in Windows XP. It helps visually impared computer users navigate across the screen by reading the on screen text. It's a pretty cool program.

Oh, and as for my logic of making Light Secretary of Defense--all he would need is a lifetime supply of Pilot Gel Pens and Potato Chips and he could do what Dubbya wishes he could]

[color=#4169e1]Great podcast guys! Thanks for the shoutout!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Oooooooooooh, that guy ^^ I activated him on accident ^_^; Lol, not sure how I did it though o.o I guess there's a button on my keyboard somewhere *looks around*. I'm always over reaching and pushing keys I don't mean to. That's one of the problems with having long fingers. You're able to reach things.. unreachable O.o?

Ok, that sounded. weird, but ah well ^_^ Still no clue what to write o_o I was thinking of a Sephiroth one, but it would seem that's been taken cared of already ^^;

/me is talkative today :dance:
Tsukuyomi

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Ingemar (post: 1217636) wrote:Please please please tell me that Crash and Destiny are not their real names. I do not care if you are lying. Just tell me sweet little lies that I can tell my friends and pets.

Destiny's real name is not Destiny nor is he ever really called that.

As for Crash... well... haha.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Accidental doublepost.
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts