CAA Gamecast - Episode 34 - "Off Topic"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Gamecast - Episode 34 - "Off Topic"

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:23 pm

In this show, we talk about everything from modding to remakes. -Even the Zelda time line!

Grab the show here: http://www.linkantilles.com/caagamecast/ or search us on iTunes!

Question to the Audience:
Aside from Final Fantasy VII, what classic game would you like to see remade?
Link Antilles

Omega's Final Smash

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:29 pm

To help visualize my description of what I think my final smash should be, look at this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTL5IR8T-U

So yeah, the neck-snap to power-slam is what I am trying to describe. In addition to that, the lightning from the slam will cause massive damage to surrounding smash fighters (in the Smash Bros setting).
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:36 pm

I absolutely want to see another 3D Kirby, like the N64 game. That game was AMAZING. It also had the perfect upgrade to Kirby's power-stealing ability. LOVED IT, even if I only rented it a couple of times because I was a kid with no money. My gosh, I want that game again. Also, a Wii version of the Time Crisis games would kick some serious tail. I could see updated versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask being well-received as well. I haven't been much of an RPG player, but I'd be interested in remakes of Final Fantasies VI, you-know-what, and IX.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:My gosh, I want that game again.

You do know Kirby 64 is on the Virtual Console, yes?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:47 am

Nate (post: 1214610) wrote:You do know Kirby 64 is on the Virtual Console, yes?

Ooh. Pity I don't have a Wii. Good thing I'm about to go on summer break where I can devote time to acquiring money.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 am

For people having a hard time picturing my own final smash, click this convenient link.

And because I know you all follow my gaming purchases with rapt attention, I may be the proud owner of a DS in the near future. More as the situation develops.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 pm

I'm going to say FFV, if the remake was complete. I enjoyed the battle system but there were obvious flaws. The plot is probably the weakest point and I'm sure they would do a lot more with the characters if it was made like a modern game. Though I liked other games better, I think this is the one with the most room for improvement. Chrono Trigger would also be good, however.

Speaking of which, Nate wins 15 Silver Points for the reference.

Relating to last podcast, thank you for making me look up Zero Punctuation again. Some of his new reviews are fairly funny.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1214783) wrote:Speaking of which, Nate wins 15 Silver Points for the reference.

You have no idea how annoyed I was that my microphone cut off right before then.
Fish and Chips

Postby jayquam » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Good show, I enjoyed Nate's Zelda timeline. That was very interesting.

Now for the question I guess. I would kinda like to see a remake or port of Cannon Foder. Also,maybe a remake of the Megamn Battle networks,with new content and 3d graphics and what not.
Serious, Intense, Low-key.
jayquam

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:07 pm

I want to see MG1 and MG2 (the MSX versions, not the NES, no offense anyone who owns and loves the NES Metal gear) remade... Actually, I'd love to see ALL the Metal Gear games be remade in the MGS4 engine. Flesh out the story in 1 (and a little in 2, though the story in 2 was pretty well fleshed out, especially for the 8-bit era) and just do a straight remake with the new engine for MGS1, 2, 3, and Portable Ops... AND WILD ARMS GOT REMADE? Didn't know that.

So Mods... I have Master Chief, Cloud (which I combined... I have cloud's body and master chief's head), and some deformed Rabbits, as well as the best Sniper Map ever, Flat Wars -- where you're mouse size playing in someone's appartment, and the thing is MASSIVE -- Lego -- which is impossible to play online, because it's entirely destructible and as soon as things start flying, the online gameplay slows to a crawl... Mutators like speed hacks and the freeze gun and elimination and team elimination... Mods on consoles (so I can share them with non-pc gaming friends) is like the best thing for me in a long time... I've logged in so many hours on UT3 lately, it's crazy...

(no, I'm not back, but I'll comment on the gamecast whenever it comes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:57 am

I could go on for several posts showing all the mods I have on UT3....

But I will go over just few interesting ones.

First, the Master Chief PS3 model that has been passed around already is actually a beta version that was released without permission of the original modder, EvilEngine, and has created quite a bit of bad feelings among the UT3 modding community (releasing a modder's work before his okay is a cardinal sin to them).

However, EvilEngine has released his first "real" version of Master Chief on the PC and he is working on PS3 version of it as well. His model is far superior than what has passed around without his permission.

Another great model is the Samus Aran model.

Someone is working on a MGS4 Old Snake model.

As for a very special map to look forward to... Chrono Trigger.

Yeah, that's right. Remember the portals in The End of Time... allowing to go to all those time periods? Now imagined that all rendered in beautiful 3D by Unreal Engine 3.

Well, click here: Chrono Trigger Map. It is coming. Believe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for those into RTSes, the Dawn of Skirmish AI 3.0 mod for Dawn of War: SoulStorm has just been released. With this mod you can play against a dramatically better and more challenging computer AI in skirmish matches.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 pm

I'd like to see the folks at Capcom remake their classic NES-based Mega Man games (1 through 6) for the current console generation. And I mean fully updated graphics and music (unlike the partial musical remixes in the Anniversary Collection), and maybe some animated cinematic cutscenes. ^_^

And I'd like to see Mega Man 7 & 8 remade for the NES. :lol:

[Edit: Incidentally, I knew that Omega isn't a train engineer. I was just being bad. ;) ]
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts