Gamecast - Episode 33 - "Logo Smash!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 33 - "Logo Smash!"

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:11 pm

In this show, we catch up on the games we played, talk about a certain Nintendo game, and discuss the latest news.

http://www.linkantilles.com/caagamecast/

Question to the Audience:
What would the Final Smash be for each host of the Gamecast?
Link Antilles

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Make sure to check out the Gamecast logo contest:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=47438
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Good to hear Fish among you. However, I have one complaint in this podcast: while I'm mildly familiar with Zero Punctuation, certain parts of the conversation weren't very meaningful unless you had more in-depth knowledge. I can understand why you can't discuss everything, but bringing up esoteric subjects without explaining them leads to boring listening.

Final Smashes
Link... uses his ultimate segueway powers to turn Brawl into a WWII first person shooter. During that time, rules governing stock or time disappear, so if you die you're just out.

Omega... draws upon the wuxia style of martial arts film-making to do damage to the other characters. During this time he can't be killed, because no matter how high his percentages go he just floats from cloud to cloud in slow motion.

Nate... makes all of the other characters fighting even worse as he thinks they are.

Fish... has a very obvious Final Smash. The time has come to use this:
(etc etc)
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:22 pm

Link Antilles wrote:Question to the Audience:
What would the Final Smash be for each host of the Gamecast?

Link, after transforming into Mr. Rogers, would drop 255 pianos on his target opponent's head.

Our local engineer Omega would drop a 255-car-long locomotive on his opponent.

Nate would flash 255 pictures of Hotaru, each of them so cute that it would distract his opponent long enough to easily succumb to a gentle push.

Fish and Chips would put 255 pounds of mercury in his opponent's ear.

And after they all finish doing all that, they'd all gang up and make a video game so terrible that their opponent would just die out of sheer boredom. (Or laughter?)

That's my few bytes. ^_^ (I know next to nothing about the Smash Bros. games. :lol: )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Omega's Final Smash would change the screen into letterbox format, all sound would hush, and arcane magicks would transform his opponent into a GIANT ENEMY CRAB. Omega would then strike the crab with the Flaming Palm of the Four Winds for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Link's Final Smash consists of him grabbing a laser designator and marking his opponent's location. A C-130 Hercules would fly overhead, dropping several heavily (and I do mean HEAVILY) armed commandos. Link would eschew his designator for a Minigun, and he and his new squad would open fire. They would then vanish into the background and a laser-guided bomb would strike the opponent.

UC nailed Fish's Final Smash, but I would (for sake of being almost original) replace the steamroller with a tractor-trailer full of frozen fish.

Nate would summon several powerful Pokemon, backing them up with a furious barrage of Magic Missiles (there is a 1 in 100 chance that Nate will attack the darkness instead).

I will just say this: I wish I had access to Brawl. Darn it, I may have to sell my Gamecube and a lot of PS2 stuff (although I'll keep the system for DDR and Guitar Hero 1-3) and pick one up. Maybe this summer . . .

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1210254) wrote:Link's Final Smash consists of him grabbing a laser designator and marking his opponent's location. A C-130 Hercules would fly overhead, dropping several heavily (and I do mean HEAVILY) armed commandos. Link would eschew his designator for a Minigun, and he and his new squad would open fire. They would then vanish into the background and a laser-guided bomb would strike the opponent

Beautiful. *sniff*

*salutes*

However, I have one complaint in this podcast: while I'm mildly familiar with Zero Punctuation, certain parts of the conversation weren't very meaningful unless you had more in-depth knowledge. I can understand why you can't discuss everything, but bringing up esoteric subjects without explaining them leads to boring listening.

Noted, I'll keep that in mind. Off show, we've had a lot of talk about ZP reviews lately and try to prevent it from bleeding into the show.

Thanks all for the comments so far! Great stuff!
Link Antilles

Postby kryptech » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 am

Good to have you guys back.

Fish: I've downloaded and have been playing with Adventure Game Studio and am pretty amped about the possibilities. Can my dreams become reality? Only time will tell. Anyway, thanks for mentioning the software.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl sounds fun. Sadly I've never played it and likely never will. I don't know what exactly I'd add to the hosts' Final Smash feedback, so I'll confirm that Link's should involve wanton firing of heavy artillery in FPS mode and Omega's should include hyper-stylize slo-mo ninja action.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:23 pm

I find these descriptions of my final smash to be quite entertaining (though, MelodyMaker, I am not a train engineer).

However, when the new show goes up, you will hear me describe what I think my final smash should be. I will post a YouTube video in that thread to show you what it looks like.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts