Gamecast - Episode 30 - "How many games?"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 30 - "How many games?"

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:11 pm

In this show, we invite Fish 'n Chips to join us and talk about all the games we have been playing since last time.

[color="Blue"]Click here to grab the show![/color]
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Recently I have been distracted by other things, such as school and writing. But recently I have been looking into older SNES games and enjoying some of them. Since I have relatively few comments about the podcast (it's nice to hear what people have been doing but there's not as much material for discussion) I will mention some of them briefly:

The Seventh Saga - An old RPG that looks fairly nice and seems to have decent potential. From what I've heard, it becomes a level-grinding exercise on the scale of the original Dragon Warrior, but we'll have to see.

Shadowrunner - ...a cyberpunk RPG? Indeed it is, and enjoyable despite the age and unwieldy control system. Though fights can get boring (everyone has guns and thus all you can do is fire away) I'm finding it enjoyable overall. It has a less directed feel and significant mystery elements.

Ogre Battle - Again, I remind myself why I never enjoyed this game. The missions become fairly tedious to me and various aspects of gameplay are annoying.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 pm

I'm looking forward to... RockBand, Tuesday. Since Gamestop broke the date for Uncharted and I picked it up yesterday, the only game I have left to look forward to this year is RockBand, which I played at E4all (I did guitar and vocals) and it's the best music game in existence.

After that, of course, I'm looking forward to games that are farther in the future:

MGS4 which should get here april or may...
White Knight Story, which should get here around the same time.
Bionic Commando which has no street date
Resident Evil five which also has no street date
Silent Hill 5 which Akira Yamaoka told me (in person at E4all) should release in fall of 2008.
Eyedentify (which may release this decade)
FFXIII (which should release in this dimension or one close to ours)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby kryptech » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:37 am

Good to have a new show.

I can't say I particularly have any upcoming games in mind. I only have PC (well, and Gameboy Color) and my machine isn't getting any younger so a lot of the new games won't run too smooth. Well, I will check out that Half Life Orange Box. I borrowed Half Life Source and 2 from my cousin for a long time and also played Opposing Force and loved every minute.

I did play the demo for F.E.A.R. the other day. It was pretty short but fun and a bit creepy. Unfortunately the language was too rough for my tastes so I won't be buying it.

Oh, and bummer on the PS2 memory card, Nate! That's pretty grim...
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts