Gamecast - Episode 27 - Part 2 - “Super Tactical Heavenly Mass BioPrime 4″

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 27 - Part 2 - “Super Tactical Heavenly Mass BioPrime 4″

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:18 pm

In part two of our special E3 ‘07 show, we talk about all the games that stole our attention outside of the press conferences.

Click here to download part 2!

Questions to the Audience:

1. What were your favorite games of E3?
2. What games did you want to see at E3, but were not there?
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Also, on this episode, we had our first guest host. To see who it is, click here. He had plenty to say. So if you have any comments for him, please share them here!
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Given that there are two threads, I'm dividing my comments roughly based on subject matter.

Unusually, I had time to listen to this podcast as soon as it came out. I'm playing Breath of Fire, which has repetitive music (one town theme, one castle theme, one dungeon theme... I'm not joking, though there are a few exceptions), so I turned it off and listened to the podcast, which worked pretty well. But then I forgot to give you my comments in this thread until now, so my memory of specific thoughts has faded somewhat.

My main reflection of the moment is that as developers shift to working on titles for the next generation systems, I'll fall behind in the gaming world. Thanks to the enduring power of the PS2 I've been somewhat up to speed for a while even as a casual gamer. But FFXIII, for example, I will likely not have a chance to play for some time. That is somewhat sad, but not sad enough to make me buy a system.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:58 pm

My faves were Killzone and Echochrome, because there wasn't really all that much shown off new... For stuff I've seen before, Uncharted and Mass Effect topped them. I didn't see White Knight Story in the actual Sony show, so... I don't know where you guys saw that. I must admit, though the first showing of Lost Oddyssey was rather boring, the new one looks a bit more interesting... Of course, how do you have an immortal main character? It may be hard to pull off, just like a Superman or Silver Surfer game...

What I wish was shown:

FFXIII

FFXIII Vs

Whatever Quantic Dream is working on (Heavy Rain, or otherwise)

A Wii specific Zelda... Maybe in 2 or 3 years... Or maybe when pigs fly, because it sure seems like Nintendo stopped caring about the hardcores...

Anything with the Eye, besides Eye of Judgment... Next-gen sequals to Eyetoy play, kinetic, and groove perhaps. Eyedentify. The Tournament fighting game I saw on youtube. What about Eyecreate? I'd like to know something about it since it comes out next month... Eyetoy may have had a mixed reception, but Sony has something potentially HUGE there and they need to play it up more... Maybe they're hearing their fans who feel betrayed by Nintendo's move to causals, so they're avoiding this and playing to the hardcore crowd, which is good. Fill the Niche that Nintendo won't fill again. And while they're at it, though, they should slip in Eye Kinetic (or eyetoy kinetic 3, I suppose) and update their Yoga game from the eyetoy to compete with WiiFit... As long as they don't abandon hardcores, I have no problem with them making those sorts of games.

Something by Cellius... What sort of Games would come from a collaberation between crazy Ken and Namco?

RUMBLE!!!! Come on! That touch-sense thing better be real... I'm so hyped about it, if they come back with just rumble again, I'll be very disappointed... Even moreso if they don't even do rumble. They said "rumble and more" will be in the next controller, so let's see it! I hope rumble support will be in MGS4, and games like resistance will have updates that bring in rumble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:52 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I didn't see White Knight Story in the actual Sony show, so... I don't know where you guys saw that.
There was an event in Japan that took place a few days after E3 called PlayStation Premiere. That was where the new White Knight Story trailer was introduced.

We will have a few more details on this event on the next Gamecast.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts