CAA Radio Episode Thirteen: “Lawlessâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Thirteen: “Lawlessâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:16 pm

In this show, we follow-up on Pluto, report on the rise of sculpture suicide, dishwasher-ize keyboards, and much more!

Click here to grab the show!

-Questions to the Audience-

1.Mech and Ryan are going to AX and recording audio for a special podcast. What do you want to hear about the most? –Or interviewed?
2. If you were going to cause random acts of anonymous civil disobedience, what super hero would you dress-up as?
Link Antilles

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Note: I'm going on vacation during the week of the fourth of July, so there won't be a regular podcast until after the 14th of July. However, there should be a special podcast for AX before then.
Link Antilles

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 pm

Actually, there used to be an urban legend that Mr. Rogers was an ex-Marine sniper, and that he wore his famous sweaters to cover up the tatoos on his arm.
Link Antilles wrote:In this show, we follow-up on Pluto, report on the rise of sculpture suicide, dishwasher-ize keyboards, and much more!

Click here to grab the show!

1.Mech and Ryan are going to AX and recording audio for a special podcast. What do you want to hear about the most? –Or interviewed?
2. If you were going to cause random acts of anonymous civil disobedience, what super hero would you dress-up as?

1. Definitely the members getting interviewed. All of them (Us, rather). I've always wanted to be "The man in the street" again, and now I can.

2. Not a superhero (rather the opposite, a villain), but Dio Brando. Totally. Because if I got caught, I could pull a "Wryyyyy" and escape in a steamroller.
Fish and Chips

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:37 pm

I agree with Fish. We should have short interviews with the whole CAA group that's gonna be at AX.

I'd dress up as the original Marvel version of The Wasp.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:50 pm

XD Excellent podcast.

First off, yes, I caught the "Royal Mounties" reference. Five Iron FTW. XD

Secondly...who would I like to hear from at the AX podcast? Ryan, Fish, Nate, Iki(masu), Mech, Sunako/Jasdero, annnd...that's all I can remember. XD

And what superhero would I dress up as?

...I have no idea. XD If I come up with something later, I'll post it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:19 pm

:lol: I'm so sorry you guys had to pull out the calculator to do the math; I should have done that on my end in advance. :sweat: For future reference, I do indeed live in the great "white" plains of the North, right smack in the middle of Alberta. ^_^

And Link, you really could pass for Mr. Rogers if you tried hard enough; that was awesome! :grin: (I should have been clearer on that before as well; it's your accent that reminds me of him, not your voice. :) )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:31 am

I forgot to post this earlier, but it'd be great to have a mini interview with voice actors Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch, seeing both of them are Christians and will also be present at the Expo.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:09 am

I second that. And I'd dress up as Batman, of course!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:58 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:And what superhero would I dress up as?

...I have no idea. XD If I come up with something later, I'll post it. XD

Not Grammer Ranger?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Peanut » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 am

Link Antilles wrote:

1. As long as somebody or something is getting interviewed, I don't really care.

2. There is only one superhero who I could dress up as in order to cause anonymous civil disobedience...and that is Freakazoid.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 am

mechana2015 wrote:Not Grammer Ranger?

OH. Whoa. How did I not think of that? Of COURSE I would dress up as the Grammar Ranger. XDD I must've been too focused on thinking of Marvel-type characters to think of my own. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:29 pm

Peanut wrote:2. There is only one superhero who I could dress up as in order to cause anonymous civil disobedience...and that is Freakazoid.

Oh my gosh

ABSOLUTE WIN.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:35 am

Ah, I finally got around to listening to this podcast, which was great, as always.

" wrote: 1.Mech and Ryan are going to AX and recording audio for a special podcast. What do you want to hear about the most? –Or interviewed?

I'm going to echo what mostly everyone said and say that I would like to hear all the CAAers(and maybe a few others) get interviewed, get asked random questions, and things like that.

" wrote: 2. If you were going to cause random acts of anonymous civil disobedience, what super hero would you dress-up as?

I think I would dress up as Catwoman. XD
(not sure if she's really considered a "superhero" though...)
goldenspines

Postby Warrior4Christ » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I've cleaned my keyboard before...

And maybe you could have the AX segment separately with video, as a vodcast?

And I think.. um... Superted.

(And for the petrol/gas prices, Fiore in Italy won that one (with an unspecified price/volume, although she may have been a bit late in saying it), but I forgot to mention mine in the last thread, and here it varies from $AU1.20/L ($US3.83/gal) to $AU1.40/L ($US4.47/gal).)
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Last evening for any requests for anime expo, it starts tomorrow and I'll be rather indisposed for the weekend.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:47 pm

I'll be bringing my own craptacular little camcorder ($60, refurbished!!!)

It probably will not have anything to do with CAA's adventures, though.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Angel37 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 pm

K. Ayato wrote:I forgot to post this earlier, but it'd be great to have a mini interview with voice actors Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch, seeing both of them are Christians and will also be present at the Expo.

We're in the process of trying to get a response from Vic.
Angel37

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:40 pm

[quote="Fish and Chips"]Actually, there used to be an urban legend that Mr. Rogers was an ex-Marine sniper, and that he wore his famous sweaters to cover up the tatoos on his arm.

You mean this photo of Mister Rogers? lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SolidArmor/Hockey%20Board%20Game%20pics/mrrogerscopy.jpg
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:51 am

I met up with Vic on Friday, reminding him about the podcast. He told me he has the necessary tools. All you need now is the date and time :).

K. Ayato

Postby Mister Frodo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:50 pm

1. I'm new to anime, so I really wouldn't know who to interview... Sorry.

2. Bruce Willis' character from Unbreakable. Sure, no one would recognize me and think I'm just a crazy guy running around in a poncho, but it would still be lots of fun. And that's what counts... I think.

On second thought, I'll just go with the safe path and dress up as Darth Vader.
Mister Frodo

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:39 pm

1. I will post if something occurs to me, but at first thought there isn't anything I want to hear all that much. Getting any CAA members present to say something might be interesting, though.

2. I was debating between two lesser known characters (see the attachments, please) but in the end I think I'd dress up as Superman. As soon as the mounties arrive I could change clothes, put on some glasses, and no witness would ever be able to identify me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uc pseudonym

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:15 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:1. I will post if something occurs to me, but at first thought there isn't anything I want to hear all that much. Getting any CAA members present to say something might be interesting, though.

I have video from dinner and a few other things with people talking so there should be some of almost everyone, or at least a pic or 2.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby kryptech » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Just a note - if you are biking in the Great White North (to save on fuel), watch out for moose. Those things really pack a punch if you clock one!

Ryan wrote:You can definitely question questionable art.

I liked that. :lol:

Microsoft sweat farm, huh. :eh:

Now for answers...

0. What Pokemon would you be? Porygon (get digital :thumb: )
1. Who do you want interviewed at AX? What do you want to know from Anime Expo? I've not really got anything to add to the previous answers.
2. If you were to create a public disturbance, which superhero would you dress up as? The Listerine Man
3. What happened to Ryan? He was pulled into the same void in time that plagues anime release dates.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:16 pm

A few random notes . . .

1. I would be a Heracross. Big blue beetle.
2. Of course Microsoft has artificial sweat. Haven't you people heard of sweatshops?
3. I would dress up as Dudley Do-Right. Superhero? I guess not, but he's a Mountie himself, last I checked. Then I would be able to arrest all of you, whilst remaining unarrested myself. WIN.
4. I would like to hear from KoDai and Sunako [now Debitt and Jasdero].

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:42 pm

1. a brief bio or shout out from any of the caa folks there would be great
2. hmmmmmm.........oh yeah, i know!!! OPTIMUS PRIME FTW!!!
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:23 pm

I hope I'm not late with my reply; I'm sorry it took me so long to come up with this... :sweat:

Link Antilles wrote:1.Mech and Ryan are going to AX and recording audio for a special podcast. What do you want to hear about the most? –Or interviewed?
I wouldn't mind hearing about any new works that Hayao Miyazaki and company have planned, if that's possible. :) [Edit: Based on following posts, please ignore that. Thank you. ^_^ ]

Link Antilles wrote:2. If you were going to cause random acts of anonymous civil disobedience, what super hero would you dress-up as?
Either I'd dress as Tuxedo Mask, or dress in a giant Hamtaro costume (just kidding). :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Unfortunately, AX was June 30th- July 2, melmak. If it makes any difference, I didn't hear anything.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Where is this mythical podcast? If I were so inclined I'd just get Cod and Potatoes to do the 'Cast with me and guffaw at your lack of progress.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:33 pm

XD cod and potatoes ftw
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:54 am

mechana2015 wrote:Unfortunately, AX was June 30th- July 2, melmak. If it makes any difference, I didn't hear anything.

That's all right, Mechana; I was just curious, but it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway. ^_^ *edits his previous post appropriately*
TheMelodyMaker

Next

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts