Gamecast - Episode 25 - “The quiet before the storm.â€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 25 - “The quiet before the storm.â€

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:39 pm

In this show, Omega shares his experience with the PS3, Nate tales us the dirty history about Nintendo’s former President, and much more!

Click here to grab the show!

Questions to the Audience:
1. Do you ever read the instruction booklet that comes with the game? Why or why not?
2. Do you ever pre-order games? Why or why not?
Link Antilles

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:31 am

Link Antilles wrote:1. Do you ever read the instruction booklet that comes with the game? Why or why not?
Of course I do. I have to see who wrote the music. :grin: Seriously, I also like to look at it to see if there's anything there that isn't mentioned in the in-game tutorials -- like how to play the game, for instance.

Link Antilles wrote:2. Do you ever pre-order games? Why or why not?
If memory serves me right, the only game I've ever pre-ordered was Light Rangers -- because I knew that a lot of the art and animation would be good based on whose work it was. ^_^ Otherwise, I don't pre-order games; I'd rather wait until the price drops a bit and the initial rush and hype is over.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:15 pm

1. I only read it if there are pictures... Heh... I remember I hated the Super Pitfall instruction book because there were no pictures in it at all...

2. No... As of now, I always buy used games. My mom bought new games in the NES era, and I got Final Fantasy 8 and Tactics new, but I haven't gotten anything since then. My first New game in almost 10 years will very likely be Lair, but I'm not pre-ordering it...

Well, I take that back, I paid for my friend's preorder on Warioware: Smooth Moves... I wanted to make sure he got it, so i paid the tip and he paid for the meal.

I gotta feel honored. I got mentioned (or, talked to rather) in 2 gamecasts in a row.

Those Yamauchi quotes make me wonder why Kutaragi got such a bad rap.

Kutaragi: "It's like Jacking into the matrix"
Yamauchi: "RPG's are for lonely people"

Kutaragi: "4d graphics!"
Yamauchi: "No one wants cutting edge graphics and epic storylines!"

*sigh*

The thing with the Church is ridiculous...

I'd imagine there wouldn't be headset support on Pokemon battle thing... It'd be like the F-bomb on the DS scandal... Honestly, non-gamers are really ignorant about the way the game world works... Parents would blame Nintendo for little jimmy talking like a rapper.

"This is video recognition" - So he means Eyetoy? Eyetoy had an LED wand with wiimote like functions in development in 2004... They just never finished it. Honestly, with Microsoft going after Linux developers (and potentially linux USERS) and Open Office.org for "stealing" what Microsoft got from other programs to begin with, I'm realizing more and more that they are one giant joke... If they come out with a PlaystationEye like program with recognition in it at the level of what Sony has with Eye of Judgment and Eyedentify, then whatever. That will just fall in line with what they've done all along. Just don't try to sue people for doing what you excel at...

The surface thing, on the other hand, looks completely awesome... Though the fingerprints thing is gonna be pretty bad. This is the first truly cool thing Microsoft has come out with in a long time, though perhaps they'll need to show people how it's useful to the average person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Link Antilles wrote:In this show, Omega shares his experience with the PS3, Nate tales us the dirty history about Nintendo’s former President, and much more!

Click here to grab the show!

Questions to the Audience:
1. Do you ever read the instruction booklet that comes with the game? Why or why not?
2. Do you ever pre-order games? Why or why not?

1) if it's a brand new game from a brand new series, then chances are i will read the booklet, although not usually the instruction part, i usually just skip that and read what info is offered about the characters and whatever backstory they offer

2) no, although i have been known to pre-order cds and movies from time to time, although i usually do that as a gift to someone else and even then it's because i won't be able to put the item in their hands until some point after their birthday, when it comes to games though, i'm actually more to the other extreme, i'll wait as long as possible to buy a game, i decided a while back that i won't pay more than $20 for a game (the only exception was made for guitar hero and even then it was like $65 with the guitar)
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 am

Heh. Enjoyed the Kutaragi quotes.

1. I would never sit down and just read an instruction booklet, but I do glance at them if they have backstory/character pages. Sometimes the information there can be worthwhile and it is always interesting to find out that every character in the RPG is under 20 years old, despite whatever age they may appear.

2. Never. I'm a notorious renter/borrower in any case.

However, I think you underestimate the impulsiveness of the general population. Sure, preorders don't make economic sense, but as the rampant debt in our society shows, most people have very little of that. I knew a guy in college who skipped his classes for a day to drive to pick up his preorder of Kingdom Hearts II. The guy from whom I borrowed God of War acted like he would go into withdrawl if he didn't have his God of War II preorder the first possible instant.

I agree with you guys overall: I am in no hurry. I like video games, but they aren't going to evaporate and I have other things to do in the meantime. As an example, I'm only getting around to God of War II later today, if all goes according to plan. I'd have played it long ago, but aforementioned pre-order guy got kicked out of college before he could finish the game.
uc pseudonym

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts