CAA Gamecast - Episode 23 - "Final Podcast XXIII"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Gamecast - Episode 23 - "Final Podcast XXIII"

Postby Link Antilles » Tue May 15, 2007 7:08 pm

In this show, we say farewell to Ken K., check out all the games at the Square Party ‘07, and much much more!

Click here to grab the show!

Question to the Audience:

What games are you looking forward to this year? We'd prefer if they were more off the radar games, but it's up to you folks.
Link Antilles

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue May 15, 2007 9:56 pm

To clarify about Soulcage, remember that FFIX is an RPG which means that difficulty is, in part, influenced by your level. Maybe "One of the hardest" was a misjudgement, but the point remains; undead bosses are an unexpected fortune. The point is that a boss that should have been top teir gets knocked down in a single shot. Thought it was funny at the time.

Also, props to the point-and-click adventure games. None of you mentioned it, but Full Throttle and Broken Sword I are definitely short enough to make the cut as a films. And games with multiple storylines can be done; several visual novels (essentially choose-your-own-adventure games) have been adapted into successful Anime series, such as Kanon and Fate/Stay Night.
Link Antilles wrote:Question to the Audience:

What games are you looking forward to this year? We'd prefer if they were more off the radar games, but it's up to you folks.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Assassin's Creed, and Super Smash Brothers are all high on my list for 2007, but if you're talking off the radar, Alan Wake. It's actually slated for a 2008, but it certainly has my attention.

However, these days I'm looking more into the classics than the up-and-coming releases, specifically old RPGs. I polished off Chrono Trigger a about a week ago, right now I'm working on the original Ogre Battle and Super Mario RPG, with a shot at Earthbound in the near future. And of course, I'm always on on the prowl for more point-and-click Adventure games; tried Curse of Monkey's Island two years ago, Broken Sword I and II last summer, and I'm hoping to find a copy of Grim Fandango before 2007 is over.
Fish and Chips

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue May 15, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm looking forward to...

Disgaea (PSP)
Tales of the World (PSP)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Phoneix Wright 3 (DS)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to hear the show yet... stupid speakers.... *kicks his computer's speakers*
WrestlingOtaku

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 19, 2007 1:19 pm

For me, summer is a time of disjointed schedules and limited time spent on the internet, so my responses here will be a bit delayed.

If I were to state characters I want in Dissida, it would be Auron and a dragoon (I think they might be fun to play). Freya or Kain would do fine in that regard.

As to the question, I fear I'm a bit too casual of a gamer for this crowd: there actually aren't any games I'm looking forward to playing this year. I may end up playing a few, but we'll see.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon May 28, 2007 11:39 pm

Just had to say, great commentary about Kutaragi... When Stringer drove Kutaragi out, I just shook my head... People mostly don't realize what he really did for gaming...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts