[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Gamecast - Episode 21 - "Doomed to be Elite" - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Gamecast - Episode 21 - "Doomed to be Elite"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 21 - "Doomed to be Elite"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:23 am

Happy Easter everyone! And look... it's another Gamecast! Joy!

In this show, we discuss your input on the guidelines for great RPGs, the so-called “doomâ€
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:47 pm

At random I checked to see if the next podcast was out because I had a period of time in which it was easy to listen to it, so this is the quickest response I've yet made. Unfortunately, I do not have a great deal to say about this one.

As far as RPGs and customizing goes, I'm not picky. Though I prefer more, I'm happy even with something like a free stat point at each level. The main thing is that I don't like it when gaining a level isn't all that significant.

The part in which everyone was singing the Halo theme was probably my favorite Gamecast moment yet.

Also, I would have liked to hear more about what Omega Amen thought about God of War 2. I'll play it eventually regardless, of course, but I remain curious. If that's not worth airtime a response here is just as good.

As for the Random (cough) Question: I'm not sure what to think, immediately. My main concern is that Christian cliques in secular contexts like this tend to be fairly generic and not have much content. There's nothing wrong with people connecting with others who feel the same, but often times their "Bible studies" aren't really studies at all. I couldn't know without actually attending one, obviously. If they form this group as Halo fans that are also Christian and don't make any obnoxious outreach attempts, I don't think it does any real harm and could even be a witness (in the sense of being a positive example of Christianity).

Actually, I don't think the name is that bad. I'd get a kick out of hearing the announcer's voice declare "Godtacular" at the beginning/end of their sessions...
uc pseudonym

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:24 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Also, I would have liked to hear more about what Omega Amen thought about God of War 2. I'll play it eventually regardless, of course, but I remain curious. If that's not worth airtime a response here is just as good.
I am going to try to submit my review this coming weekend. That should show my thoughts with some depth. In summary, I was genuinely surprised and impressed on how great it is.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:15 pm

I believe that Dyak is advocating a single united format, much like DVD. Many manufacturers, one united format. The competitive market there would exist in the extras: Controller design, pack-in game, Hard drive space, and any other extras that may exist. Idealistic to be sure, but I think it may actually be good for gamers. It would likely cost less for the "hardcore" gamers who buy all of the consoles, and the price of the unit would drop over time (as with any tech device), allowing for the casual market to get it cheaper anyways. This will never happen as long as both the living room and capitalism exists, so it's a moot point anyhow.

RE4 Wii supports true Widescreen, 480p, and is launching at a price point of $29.99 . This is the definitive edition of RE4. I for one will be buying it. I really don't mind buying a fantastic game with new features and improved controls at a budget price.

As for the question: I think this can be good thing. I really don't see it as any different from meeting a small group in a coffee shop to study the Bible. It's about the content of the study, not the meeting place itself.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:49 am

Link Antilles wrote:Question to the Audience: What do you think about Bible studies during/before/after games (whether it be online or not)?

I've had plenty of conversations while playing games with my friends. We never went into anything deep, per se, but the gaming consoles gave our fingers something to do while we rambled on about various things. So sure, a Bible study conducted during a gaming session could conceivably be a big hit, provided everyone involved was more into talking than the game, though. I wouldn't bank on disecting your faith and winning an online tournament in one fell swoop.
Fish and Chips

God of War II Review

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:24 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Also, I would have liked to hear more about what Omega Amen thought about God of War 2. I'll play it eventually regardless, of course, but I remain curious. If that's not worth airtime a response here is just as good.
My review for God of War II has been written, submitted, and posted in CAA's review database.

Here is the review thread. Let me know what you think.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts