CAA Radio Episode Nine: "Return of the Radio"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Nine: "Return of the Radio"

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:34 pm

CAA Radio is finally back for a new year! In this show, we tackle the important issues facing today's society, such as the impending robot uprising, glitter lotion, post counts, and public speaking.

Click here to grab the show

Special thanks to Melody Maker for the new theme!
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Wow. Angel37 actually sounds like that? If you did not introduce her, I would never guess that is her.

Geez, a mic makes a huge difference.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Omega Amen wrote:Wow. Angel37 actually sounds like that? If you did not introduce her, I would never guess that is her.

Geez, a mic makes a huge difference.

Amazing isn't it!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:08 pm

I was blown away by her... non-druggy-sounding voice as well.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:29 pm

This one being the first CAA Radio episode I've heard, I just finished listening to it. And you guys weren't kidding when you said it was more lighthearted than the Gamecast. :lol:

(And I'm glad you like the music, by the way. ^_^ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Um.....should I be offended by the shock at my voice???XD
Angel37

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Sorry about not telling you why I'm like Nate. It's because I've chatted with him on several occasions, and it just seems like we click on some things.
Also, you pronounced Rouses's wrong. It rhymes with houses.
And Angel37, you're the one who fails! Tezuka created Astroboy! Surely you've heard of that!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:31 pm

rocklobster wrote:Sorry about not telling you why I'm like Nate. It's because I've chatted with him on several occasions, and it just seems like we click on some things.
Also, you pronounced Rouses's wrong. It rhymes with houses.
And Angel37, you're the one who fails! Tezuka created Astroboy! Surely you've heard of that!

No...I'm uncultured. XD Not failing, just uncultured. But thanks for the pronounciation correction!
Angel37

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:35 pm

I was only teasing, Angel37. I was sure most of you knew who Astroboy was. I'm going to turn your dinner guest question into a thread if you don't mind.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:36 pm

rocklobster wrote:I was only teasing, Angel37. I was sure most of you knew who Astroboy was. I'm going to turn your dinner guest question into a thread if you don't mind.

Sure! Go right ahead! :)
Angel37

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:33 am

Haha, I listened to it last night. You guys seriously crack me up; I love listening to your podcasts. XDD Oh, and very nice theme song, MelMak! It's quite catchy! :D Anyways, listening to this last night inspired me to work on an icon for the podcast icon contest, so I've posted a sketch of it on that thread. Hopefully, I'll finish it later today! :D Anyways, keep up the good work, everyone!

Oh, and Crash--"Slow Children at Play" had me laughing for a long while. That was awesome. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:20 pm

rocklobster wrote:And Angel37, you're the one who fails! Tezuka created Astroboy! Surely you've heard of that!

Ya know I didn't recognise the name when it was read on air as that person... I thought it sounded mighty close, but it didn't sound right to me either, and I do know who Tezuka is.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Angel37 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:43 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Oh, and Crash--"Slow Children at Play" had me laughing for a long while. That was awesome. XDD

That's some good ol' Florida humor for you. Wish I could claim it but it was a running joke at my school. XD Glad it made you laugh!
Angel37

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 pm

I have Publix, Sweetbay, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Albertson's, Winn-Dixie, Wild Oats, and I used to have Kash n' Karry and Food Lion. They both [at different times] inhabited the space now dominated by the Sweetbay.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:I have Publix, Sweetbay, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Albertson's, Winn-Dixie, Wild Oats, and I used to have Kash n' Karry and Food Lion. They both [at different times] inhabited the space now dominated by the Sweetbay.

.rai//

Oh yeah, the question!

In my town, there's a Food Lion, a Harris Teeter, a Bi-Lo, and...a Piggly Wiggly. I will never get over that name, it seems. XD Anyways, it's actually a really good grocery store, and it's always quite clean. We shop at that one the most often.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby kryptech » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 pm

"It's baaaack!"

Definately lighthearted. But good. I'm not sure if I wasn't listening, but I totally don't recall anything on glitter lotion. Maybe it's for the best...

lol on the scissors. That was so weird...

And I haven't even heard of most of those grocery store but then again, I'm Canadian, eh. We've got IGA, A&P, and some other store (the name completely escapes me) near by that we got to often. If we want some better deals we drive out to No Frills. There you have it.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Angel37 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:I have Publix, Sweetbay, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Albertson's, Winn-Dixie, Wild Oats, and I used to have Kash n' Karry and Food Lion. They both [at different times] inhabited the space now dominated by the Sweetbay.

.rai//

YES! A fellow Floridian!!! I know all about the Sweetbay revolution. Today: Kash n' Karry Tomorrow: THE WORLD!
Angel37

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 am

Wait a minute Angel.... you go to Trinity college in Florida, the one off of Normandy Boulevard???

Yeah, Florida seems to have a ton of grocery stores withing ten feet of each other, and many of them go out of buisness too..... we've had 4 grocery companies in one building in the past 2 years. It's crazy down here for some reason.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Angel37 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:32 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:Wait a minute Angel.... you go to Trinity college in Florida, the one off of Normandy Boulevard???

Yeah, Florida seems to have a ton of grocery stores withing ten feet of each other, and many of them go out of buisness too..... we've had 4 grocery companies in one building in the past 2 years. It's crazy down here for some reason.

Um...is it in New Port Richey? Though the location has changed quite a bit...
Angel37

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Nope, it's right outside of Jacksonville. Oh well. For a second there I thought you went to the same church I do. That would of been a little strange. Anyways, another great show you guys! Keep up the good work.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Just a quick note: I have finally set up my audio system and I have the Skype [username is raidennokishi ~ I know, how imaginative], so if you still want to interview me, I'm ready. ^_^

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts