Gamecast - Episode 15 - "The Gamecast Strikes Back!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 15 - "The Gamecast Strikes Back!"

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:44 pm

It's a new year and the Gamecast is back! In this show, we are looking back at 2006, pondering what will happen in 2007, and still covering the latest news!

Click here to grab the show!

Special thanks to Melody Maker for the theme music! You seriously rock hardcore, man!
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:30 pm

Unfortunately, this means I'm two podcasts behind. I shall do my best to catch up and provide a meaningful commentary here.

EDIT: In this very post, apparently. I feel as though I have fewer comments then normal, though that may be because I was attempting to read at the same time that I listened.

I found your reflections on gaming in the past year interesting; it hadn't occurred to me to do that and it made me curious. Oddly, I've played quite a few games in the past year.

On FFXII: Link, I agree with what you said about Vaan and Penelo... they were there, but that was about it. All I hope is that this is simply a design flaw, not a sign that the recent sequalization of the series will bring with it underdeveloped characters and abandoned plot elements so as to prepare for another game.

Nate, you really aren't far from the end of the game at all. Finish Giruvegan and there's only one dungeon left, albeit a long one. Unless you're having trouble with the boss fights, I think it'd be worth your while to finish if the storyline interests you at all. For whatever it's worth, the plot gets a decent booster shot at the end of your current dungeon.

One recording issue: for me, at least, I found that some individuals tended to trail off at the end of their points. Because I don't like turning up the volume very high, this meant I missed some of what you said.
uc pseudonym

Postby kryptech » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:43 am

I've yet to finish the last half of this episode but your talk of Portable Ops caught my ear. I know very little about MGS, having never played it, but I have a friend who is really into Splinter Cell Essentials and was looking for more of that type of game for PSP. Could you tell me how clean Portable Ops is - violence (less than expected, I've heard), language, sexual content? If I recommend it, I want to be pretty sure that it is fairly clean.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:08 pm

kryptech wrote:I've yet to finish the last half of this episode but your talk of Portable Ops caught my ear. I know very little about MGS, having never played it, but I have a friend who is really into Splinter Cell Essentials and was looking for more of that type of game for PSP. Could you tell me how clean Portable Ops is - violence (less than expected, I've heard), language, sexual content? If I recommend it, I want to be pretty sure that it is fairly clean.

In all honesty, the game should have received a "Teen" rating. There is no blood during the gameplay (except in a few of the comic-book scenes, but colored black), little sexual content (a minor amount of suggestive “flirtyâ€
Link Antilles

Postby kryptech » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks, Link. I'll suggest the title the my friend and see if he's interested.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:06 pm

I finally got around to listening to this today, being the slowpoke I am. :lol: Again, I'm glad you like the music well enough to use it. :)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts