CAA Radio Episode Seven: "Any leftovers in the fridge?"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Seven: "Any leftovers in the fridge?"

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 am

This episode was originally intended to be released sometime close to Thanksgiving… unfortunately, due to my busy schedule, that was not the case. Nevetheless, CAA Radio has returned and with Angel37 back!

Click here to grab the show!
Link Antilles

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:24 pm

I forgot to mention one thing in my review. Yes, the anime of Black Cat will be brought to the states and will be available December 19th.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby kryptech » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:26 pm

My patient waiting was rewarded... I jotted down a few thoughts while I listened:

I liked what MSP said on the topic of growing up Christian. My church young people group is actually studying a book called "Growing up Christian" by Karl Graustein and Mark Jacobsen. It is true - if you grow up in a Christian home you tend to believe things because "that's the way they are" rather than having real reasons. Now, you can't convince someone to become a Christian through clever words (either logical or emotional); only God has the power to truely change hearts. But of course we are called to give a reason of the hope within us to those that ask and to share our faith. And God can use our feeble words to produce amazing results.

On a completely different note... Regarding fastfood for Thanksgiving - MacTurkey anyone?

"Highschool really reminds me of the Internet" - Link Antilles
"Lots of clicks (cliques)" - Mechana2015
Dudes - you cracked me up! Can I use those quotes in my sig?

About parents' views on anime - I don't think my folks have ever seen much anime. I watch anime DVDs on my computer nowadays. I suppose the most they've seen was years back when I faithfully watched Digimon and Pokemon (ya, recently I've really wanted to re-watch Digimon season 1... *sniff) So I think my Dad figures animation is a bit cheesy. As far as I can tell he hears "anime" and thinks "Pokemon".

I believe there was some talk about parents playing video games? My Dad got hooked on Commander Keen 1 years back and nearly won the game before he lost interest. That's the only computer game I've ever seen him play except for Freecell ([sarcasm]is that even a game?[/sarcasm]) Anyway, I thought he was totally cool for playing Keen. Too bad he never saw the amazing ending (OK, so it wasn't that amazing, but whatever).
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Angel37 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

That made me happy. Next cast coming soon so people get your inputs up and ready! We record this Thursday our final show of the year.
Angel37

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:29 pm

My comments on the podcast, in order and unfortunately brief:

The disciple you were looking for was Simon. And some scholars argue that Judas may have also been a zealot, but the text doesn't conveniently name him that.

Though I wasn't surprised by the Bob Jones material (being familiar with that branch of Christianity) I did a fair bit of shaking my head.

Random thought: what with this airing well into December, you guys are really fighting the system by focusing on Thanksgiving.
uc pseudonym

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:20 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The disciple you were looking for was Simon. And some scholars argue that Judas may have also been a zealot, but the text doesn't conveniently name him that.

Random thought: what with this airing well into December, you guys are really fighting the system by focusing on Thanksgiving.

Simon... yeah, thats one of the things that I thought of right after the show was over. It happens a lot.

The delay was mostly due to the good 'ol linkster and a very busy several weeks apparantly that resulted in a severe delay in release. Totally not an intentional situation.

kryptech wrote:"Highschool really reminds me of the Internet" - Link Antilles
Dudes - you cracked me up! Can I use those quotes in my sig?

Feel free... that joke was totally unplanned... literally. I didn't even know what I was saying until about the end of the word "of".

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 pm

Yay! Finally!
kryptech wrote:"Highschool really reminds me of the Internet" - Link Antilles

WHAT THE HECK? I WAS IN THIS PODCAST AND I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD THIS PUN JUST NOW?

More proof to my slowness... >_>
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:03 am

I'd probably not last long at Bob Jones either. Isn't he anti-Catholic? That means trouble for people like me.
Anywho, what do those people think of The Passion? Wasn't that rater R?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:06 pm

We'd best not go too far down that road in order to stay out of denominational waters. I'll provide a basic response, which I am relatively certain about, but if I am wrong be so kind as to notify me via PM instead of posting again in this thread. In any case, your answers:
1) They generally take an anti-Catholic stance.
2) They disapproved of the Passion regardless of rating because they do not believe in portraying Jesus.
uc pseudonym

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts