Gamecast - Episode 14 - "Analyst: I can't imagine another Gamecast!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 14 - "Analyst: I can't imagine another Gamecast!"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:21 pm

When are analysts ever right? Unless they mean it’s the last episode of the Gamecast for *this* year, never! Tune in to hear about the Halo beta, the aftermath of the PS3 and Wii launch… plus more!

Click here to grab the show

We wish you a merry Christmas and a fragtastic New Year,
The Gamecast Team
Link Antilles

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 pm

Question for the listeners: What would you like to seen happen next year for the Gamecast? Format change, reviews, game awards, guests, etc?
Link Antilles

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:48 pm

: : downloading the show as we speaketh : :

Guests would be cool, as would some reviews [I don't know how the host console overlap is, but having more than one perspective on a game would be spifftastic].

Also, I think you guys need a theme song [although I do dig the OC ReMix stuff]. Maybe if this techno software I bought years ago works on the Mac, I could come up with something, but I don't know. I should try to figure out GarageBand . . .

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby SigmaKnight » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:38 am

1.) Johnny carson style predictions...

For example:

*puts on a turban and holds up a letter*

A banshee, a letter to santa, and Link

*opens the letter*

Name something that wails, something that mails and something that fails.

2.) Get a girl on the gamecast. Youre missing a whole demographic there. Girls play games too.
SigmaKnight

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:31 pm

SigmaKnight wrote:2.) Get a girl on the gamecast. Youre missing a whole demographic there. Girls play games too.

That would require a girl to ask to be on the show. Everyone says this, but seriously people, we can't produce a girl out of thin air. Trust me, I've tried. Many, many times.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SigmaKnight » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 pm

kaemmerite wrote:That would require a girl to ask to be on the show. Everyone says this, but seriously people, we can't produce a girl out of thin air. Trust me, I've tried. Many, many times.

Well Isn't it possible to make a post in general saying ":D how would you like to be the first girl to star in the CAA gamecast!? Well sign up now, cause we need you!"

I'm sure at least one girl would respond.
SigmaKnight

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Halo 3 (can't listen to the whole thing at once...) I don't think those kids were live action. I think it was CG... I hope they infuse more personal moments in the game like that discussion in the beginning... And put I Love Bees stuff in there... I don't know, I may almost buy a 360 if they connected this with ILB... If not, it'll still be fun to play for free at a friend's house... A hardcore sony fan who's getting a 360 before his PS3... *cries*

I need to give it up... I just need all 3 systems... As much as I hate MS... I mean, I'm allready on windows... I'll get my linux system with my PS3, and I'll avoid Vista as much as possible, so I may as well get a 360... Eventaully... After my PS3 and my Wii...

Oh, and about the shooting... My friends had threats on their lives over the Wii... From now on, all system orders should be online at launch. And my friend broke his wiimote... The motion sensor part of it broke... He did get a replacement, but at the same time many PS3 problems CAN be fixed with firmware upgrades...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Omega Amen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Halo 3 (can't listen to the whole thing at once...) I don't think those kids were live action. I think it was CG...
Bob, I shall quote you from Bungie's feature on that ad.
Bungie's Frankie O'Connor wrote:The funniest thing about the reaction to last week’s TV commercial was probably the oft-repeated claim that the CG on the two kids looked super fake. Which is especially amusing given that the kids, and even the clumps of grass around them, were real. It was all filled with real actors in a real studio. The CG doesn’t begin until you see the Chief’s helmet for the first time.

The kids were filmed in a live action sequence.

That is the truth.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:19 pm

Enjoyable episode overall. I waited for this gamecast as news on the next generation launch, actually, because I had no real need for quick information on them. I agree with you on the PS3 ads... I recognized the Space Odyssy references, but why?

It was quite amusing to hear all of you reference Stephen Colbert. He typically doesn't have that many fans in one place, though I suppose because his primary audience is college-age it is to be expected. I actually saw the interview in question and enjoyed it, but thanks for thinking of me regardless.

Random note: Omega Amen's lines seemed to echo. Not a big deal, but it was slightly distracting.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:50 am

Omega Amen wrote:Bob, I shall quote you from Bungie's feature on that ad.

The kids were filmed in a live action sequence.

That is the truth.

Wow... Well, I guess I've been poisoned so much by the anti-cg crowd that "I see CG people" too... Sorta like complaints about the CG in Silent Hill... Over half the shots complained about are people in costumes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts