Gamecast - Episode 12 - "A Brave New Generation"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 12 - "A Brave New Generation"

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:07 pm

In this show, we follow-up with more Wii, Playstation 3, and Halo movie news. After that, we finish off with Final Fantasy XII!

Click here to grab the show!
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:24 pm

I want to make a correction on the pricing of the Sega Genesis Collection.

You can get it NOW from EB Games/Gamestop for the PlayStation 2 for $19.99.

The PSP version is $29.99 and will released shortly afterwards.

If you are a PS2 owner, and you would like to get some good classic Genesis games, I strongly recommend you purchase it now since it will not come down in price, and I honestly wonder if there will be a large supply considering the advent of next-gen.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:42 pm

While listening to this gamecast (which I enjoyed, by the way) I came to the realization as to why I find it difficult to make comments. For the most part, I am entertained by what is said, but my primary reaction is a dry chuckle or simple agreement. I could have participated in the discussions, certainly, but adding my comments afterward feels late and untimely. This personal analysis may or may not be helpful to you.

Thank you for running my list. I'm glad it was found at least somewhat funny. You did a good job of being humorous in the process as well... my favorite things were probably the grunts singing "We are the champions" and Commodore Chief. And you guys had a much better idea than one of mine: Cortana would definitely become an annoying sidekick.

I was also glad that you discussed FFXII, as I have been wondering if I should rent it at the beginning of winter break before the onset of family events (I generally have a bit of downtime after the semester). Your impressions were valuable in my decision.

I also found the discussion somewhat interesting, which leads me to a topic suggestion: I would like to hear your thoughts on gaming fundamentals. For example, what types of leveling systems you guys think are best, what the most important part of a FPS is, etc. If it was separated from a specific game it wouldn't get bogged down in personal preferences, but could be a more even discussion of what you feel is more effective from a theoretical standpoint.
uc pseudonym

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts