CAA Radio Episode Six "Recommending a path and getting nowhere is easy"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Six "Recommending a path and getting nowhere is easy"

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:08 pm

Perpare for the insanity, because it's all guys night at CAA Radio. This time Radio crew talks about Halloween costumes, recommend books, debate on the coolest freakin' weapons ever, and wrap it all up with Mech's anime-marathon party experience.

Click here to grab the show!

Do not fear, Angel will return next week to pull back the sanity and bring the promised reader review.
Link Antilles

Postby Angel37 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:57 pm

I was crying....because....this was so sad....

You guys...

I don't care if I'm dying...

I'M NEVER SKIPPING A CAST AGAIN!!!!
*dies from crazy boy-talk*
Angel37

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Angel37 wrote:I was crying....because....this was so sad....

You guys...

I don't care if I'm dying...

I'M NEVER SKIPPING A CAST AGAIN!!!!
*dies from crazy boy-talk*

Aww... I told you we needed a girl on the show.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:28 am

mechana2015 wrote:Aww... I told you we needed a girl on the show.

I WILL DO IT!

Oh, wait . . .

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:32 pm

I've read Watership Down. It was kind of like Animal Farm, but creepier.
Also, you guys should've recommended the BEST Christian sci-fi since C.S. Lewis: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.
ANyway, WORST SHOW EVER!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:53 pm

rocklobster wrote:ANyway, WORST SHOW EVER!

*runs off crying*

I'm never gonna be in another episode EVER AGAIN! :waah!:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Angel37 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:27 pm

kaemmerite wrote:*runs off crying*

I'm never gonna be in another episode EVER AGAIN! :waah!:

*huggles K-san* You're a gamecaster neways...
Angel37

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:36 pm

rocklobster wrote:Also, you guys should've recommended the BEST Christian sci-fi since C.S. Lewis: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.

NO! NO NO NO NO NO!
It's SUCH A HORRIBLE BOOK.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:25 pm

I'm actually in the middle of listening, but I'm going to comment partially now instead of risking the chance that I'll forget completely later...

I'm enjoying this episode fairly much overall. So far my favorite humorous bit was probably the Star Wars Pants thing, which I hadn't heard about ("A tremor in the force... as if a million pants screamed and were suddenly silenced...").

The recommendations section was solid overall (though I've read a number of the titles and I'm already a big Terry Pratchett fan). By way of constructive criticism, I think it would have been helpful to have a bit more discussion of why people liked invididual titles. Perhaps I'm odd in this, but I like more than just a synopsis before picking up a time commitment like a book. As far as television recommendations go, I strongly recommend "Scrubs" in the sitcom category. It's the only live sitcom I've ever enjoyed.

And I was glad about the MST3000 top five. I have been wanting to look at the series but only watching some random episodes I didn't run across anything interesting enough to keep me involved.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:04 am

uc pseudonym wrote:By way of constructive criticism, I think it would have been helpful to have a bit more discussion of why people liked invididual titles.

I totally agree actually. Though we were pressed for time. I will ask Link that maybe we can talk about less things, and go more in-depth with them. Well with certain things at least. (The books would have been a perfect example)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:15 am

I've listened to the first 15 minutes of it (while I was waiting for school to start this morning, haha), and I have to say, you guys crack me up. XD The story about the SWAT team guy on Halloween was PRICELESS. XD And the Star Wars pants thing was VERY funny. XD I'll finish listening to this later, but for now, I can say that I think you're doing a great job! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby midori45 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:13 pm

Great Podcast!! I was listening to it on the bus ride to school and everybody kept giving me weird looks, cause I was laughing my head off.

Oh, and I now remember, there is a character in .Hack//G.U. game has this advanced form of a weapon that is a chainsaw/sword, and it's freak'in awsome, yet so impractical...
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Breaking the bonds of popularity on day at a time :cool:

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

I carry the weight of the world
as the past is unfurled, but I won’t stop to
wonder,
Going through this life on my own made me as cold as a stone,
I’m a ship going under,
And I’d tell you this, but I don’t know how,
I’m caving in and I’m falling out and I can’t resist,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:09 am

I listened to about 30 more minutes of it today (I'm listening to it in intervals XD). I'm personally finding this podcast quite funny, especially with the TV show recommendations. XD Yay for The Office and Lost! And Ryan, I can't believe you downloaded a timer onto your computer. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:26 pm

T.T wheres ep 7....

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:52 am

I think your next show should be a recap of the whole year. And maybe you can do a mock awards show with stuff like best villain, best series overall, etc.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 pm

I've been listening to both the CAA Gamecast and CAA radio at work on my iPod. Love the shows, keep it up. It helps me not to go insane from menial labor. I only have one issue. Something seems to be weird with the sound levels sometimes. One person will be very loud, and then the next person sounds very quiet and kind of off in the distance. Other than that, great work. ^_^
Mr. Rogers

Postby soul alive » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:46 am

Sorry to post in one of the older threads, but episode 6 is the furthest I've gotten, so I'm going to comment here. I hadn't had a chance to listen to the CAA radio episodes yet, due to bad internet connections. However over the last couple of weeks, since I've been working for long hours at school building architecture models, and have a DSL connection, so I've been catching up.

You guys are doing a great job, very entertaining, can't wait to finish up the rest of the episodes. I had to laugh since I got a mention for the Halloween costumes thread in this episode. And MSP's snow envy got a pretty good laugh out of me as well - Ryan, if you really want snow, I'd be glad to send it your way, we have more than enough here in Montana. (about 1-2 feet of standing snow, and more on the way) XD
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts