Gamecast - Episode 8 - "Leave no junk behind!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 8 - "Leave no junk behind!"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 pm

As the holiday season draws near, the news starts to heat up. We go from Sony only shipping 400,000 PS3s at launch in the US to crazy insiders trying to understand the industry! -And on top of that, we take the Left Behind Demo for a spin!

Grab the show here:
http://www.linkantilles.com/caagamecast/

Enjoy!
Link Antilles

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:37 am

You know, the discussion about the Left Behind game demo brought up an idea. I'm not so sure that the apocalypse/end of the world/"end times" is a good subject for fiction. There are several reasons why:

1] 'Tisn't fiction.
Quite simply, these events will come to pass. They're serious business, and I don't know if writing fiction about them is really a good idea. I know this point is ill-fleshed-out, but it's all I have at the moment.

After shower: Ah, I remembered what I was going to say. About games in particular: Is it that good of an idea to make a game, where your actions shape what happens, about a "historical" event? [historical being in quotes because it hasn't happened to us yet [at least, according to most of the popular theories], yet it is recorded in prophecy. It's kind of a Back to the Future-ish thing going on]

2] It's hard to say
Also, there are a multitude of views about the content of Revelation. You are virtually guaranteed to alienate a large amount of people no matter what view you take in your fiction. I believe this point was mentioned by Nate in a previous gamecast. Given that this is, I would say, one of the least clear parts of the Bible, is it a good idea to run with a particular view?

3] Be creative.
I think we should try to, instead of just following the same general events, making several versions of the same story, as Christian end times fiction does, we should, as, say, Lewis and Tolkien did, exercise the creative faculties God has blessed us with and create our own stories. I think it's better that way. Or it could just be that I'm a stickler for individuality?

Note: The above should be taken as Rai's two sens, and his two sens only.

.rai//

P.S. Is there something that can be done to equalize the hosts' voices? For example, if I turn it up to where Nate's voice is normal, Omega [bless his SNK-loving heart] blows my eardrums out, especially if I'm listening at work [I use earbuds inside hearing protection]. I love the show, by the by.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:48 pm

Thanks, Rai, for your thoughts.

Raiden no Kishi wrote:P.S. Is there something that can be done to equalize the hosts' voices? For example, if I turn it up to where Nate's voice is normal, Omega [bless his SNK-loving heart] blows my eardrums out, especially if I'm listening at work [I use earbuds inside hearing protection].
I will lower my microphone volume by a couple of notches to see if that will help in the next episode.
Raiden no Kishi wrote:I love the show, by the by.
Thank you.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts