CAA Radio Episode Two: "You fight like a Dairy Farmer!"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Two: "You fight like a Dairy Farmer!"

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:21 pm

Arrr! From Pirates to Expos, we've got a crazy show and a new host, Angel37. Unfortunately, Nate has left, but MSP may join us the next time around.

Disclaimer: This Episode was recorded on the 18th of July and delayed, because of sound issues and editing. Some sound issues are still present, so still bear with us.

Click here for da' show! -22mb

Enjoy,
LA
Link Antilles

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Nice work as usual.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby oro! » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:57 pm

Good work on the show. It was somewhat longer than last time, but somewhat more varied.

Still, perhaps you could make it somewhat shorter?

Umm, for the mail, what kind of stuff do you want written to y'all?

I still think that the scripture would be good, so it's not just another podcast about anime.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:02 pm

In my defense, I didn't turn Angel down. I didn't answer. So I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no either. XD;;

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:31 pm

oro! wrote:Good work on the show. It was somewhat longer than last time, but somewhat more varied.

Still, perhaps you could make it somewhat shorter?

Umm, for the mail, what kind of stuff do you want written to y'all?

I still think that the scripture would be good, so it's not just another podcast about anime.

Actually we are shooting for an hour.... Normal podcasts are usually around this length.

Write to us about anythign you want us to discuss!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:26 am

I rather like the title. Hooray for insult swordfighting!
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:23 pm

[quote="kaemmerite"]In my defense, I didn't turn Angel down. I didn't answer. So I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no either. XD]
K-san....I love you. In a totally non-sexual way.....Hope I didn't "offend" you....(is currently walking on eggshells on CAA thanks to Zarn....*see lj for more details! and now to our next sponsor....)
Angel37

Postby Rexman64 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 am

Good listen, aside from the few audio issues. Also, would it be possible for you guys to get an RSS feed set up?

Quick note, since I figure here is the best place: Anyone who wants into the Bump Wars, PM me, and I'll give you the list of characters and make you an avatar. We'll figure out the appropriate amount of Rexcake/cookies later. ;)
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:56 pm

mmm rexcake...

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:04 pm

How appropriate, you fight like a cow!!
Kaligraphic wrote:I rather like the title. Hooray for insult swordfighting!

Yesh!! I love the title!! I have that quote in my sig already!

Just so you all know, Rex and I were siblings before Angel adopted us. It was because Angel adopted Rex that I got adopted by Angel. Oh the weird ways things begin on the Bump Thread...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Angel37 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Doe Johnson wrote:How appropriate, you fight like a cow!!

Yesh!! I love the title!! I have that quote in my sig already!

Just so you all know, Rex and I were siblings before Angel adopted us. It was because Angel adopted Rex that I got adopted by Angel. Oh the weird ways things begin on the Bump Thread...

:grin: I love us....one day we're just humble bumpers...the next day-BAM! A legend is born! *rofl*
Angel37

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:31 pm

I finally got around to listening to it last night. XD Good job, guys! About the Bump Wars portion of the broadcast, though, I have a suggestion. XD Link Antilles, if you're going to join it, you should make things easy on yourself and just go with "Wedge." Heck, you've already got half of the name down. :lol: Anyways, good job everyone, and I'm looking forward to the next episode! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:57 pm

Actually, I think we shouldn't talk about the bump thread anymore. I mean, it's in the goof off section for a reason. It's irrelevant to the rest of the board.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Angel37 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:03 pm

rocklobster wrote:Actually, I think we shouldn't talk about the bump thread anymore. I mean, it's in the goof off section for a reason. It's irrelevant to the rest of the board.

But a majority of users spend alot of their time either on the Goof-off or the rpg's, both of which were discussed as big CAA events.
Angel37

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:05 pm

Actually, a LOT of the members here at CAA spend a good bit of time in the Goof Off Forum, and the Bump Thread is a BIG part of that. While I don't post there often, you have to admit that a thread with over 100,000 posts (and still going strong...o_o) is a pretty big deal, and is a pretty important part to many of the CAAers. So I definitely think that, while I don't think the Bump Thread should be the main subject of a broadcast, talking about it is certainly an OK thing to do.

EDIT: Yeah so...Angel just summed up my entire post in one sentence. XD *gives Angel a summary badge*

:lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:24 pm

we talk about what is big on CAA at the time of the recording.

At this time it was the Bump Wars.

If there is anything around the boards that you want us to discuss, pm us.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:58 pm

This episode did have some good stuff but it was hard to hear Angel?'s voice because she was so quiet. It was also very 'all over the place.' I preferred the more tight structure of the first episode. Don't take this hard but some people don't have broadband still. And this is a large file to download - not to mention, an hour is a long time to sit and listen to it.
Please make episode three more tight and shorter. And I want Nate back!
Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:47 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:And I want Nate back!

I wasn't aware I was in such high demand. ^^;;

Er, at any rate, that's not really going to be possible. With my new work schedule, it's hard enough as it is doing the Gamecast, so two shows is really out of the question, and of the two I have been more established (and to be honest, no offense meant to this show) and have more fun doing the Gamecast. So, again, sorry if I have any fans on this side, but I really can't come back. ^^;;

Nate

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Waaaaaaaaaah!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:28 am

Where's the third podcast!

(I'm exempt as time is too hard to work out)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:59 pm

mechana2015 wrote:Where's the third podcast!

It got messed up after we recorded it. Link wasn't able to convert it, so, it's forever lost.

Nate

Postby martinloyola » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:16 pm

highly entertaining, two thumbs up, I would definitely like to hear something of a continuance of the Bump Wars, but seriously it might help to eliminate some of the bunny trail-ness its kind of like off topic posts in a really long thread, it gets a little irritating not for the content but for its relative position and since you can't move bunny trails to another section of recording it is something to be worked on
good job overall like 190% is great its just that 10% that are distracting
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:33 pm

martinloyola wrote:seriously it might help to eliminate some of the bunny trail-ness its kind of like off topic posts in a really long thread, it gets a little irritating not for the content but for its relative position and since you can't move bunny trails to another section of recording it is something to be worked on

Excuse my ignorance, but can you explain to me... or define "bunny trails"?

I would like to understand your comment so that we can continue improving our podcasts.

Thanks.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts