Gamecast - Episode 4 - “Lord, what fools these mortals be!â€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 4 - “Lord, what fools these mortals be!â€

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:44 pm

In this show, we talk about a few very interesting stories that seem to have slipped off of the radar and recommend 10 games under $30 to help you survive the summer.

Link:

Gamecast 4 -39mb

Ciao,
LA
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Also, take note that we have made a little poll on the top. Feel free to vote on it. We will be using the results in an effort to gauge our performance and production. Of course, posts with comments and suggestions are always welcome.

(And... *clears throat* tell us what you think of inclusion of some various background music during the show....)
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby kaji » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:41 am

Hey guys.

Thanks for another show. I went with the 3 stars rating.

Pros:
- Addition of recomended games complete with good reason for doing so (though I didnt really agree with some of the recomendations...)
- Background music
- Great topics, I really enjoyed the recap of the Sega interview.
The mockary of this 'new-consol' was a bit excessive, I like that you also gave your recomendations on how they could still make their product work (ie: as a gaming PC only)

Cons:
- Minor technical issues such as a quiet and clear Link and loud and some-times unclear other hosts (sound quality)
- This might sound silly, but you guys kinda snicker and laugh a lot... Dont get me wrong, sometimes its really funny, but other times it kinda takes away from the show... Simmilar to they way someone cannot get the punchline out for a joke (because they are laughing), it kinda ruins the humor...
- This episode felt really long. I liked all 'top ten budget games for summer' idea, but the complete review for each title was a bit much (or, well, long).

All in all, I liked how the News/story section was quick and to the point (with interesting stories), and I liked the change-up with a special peice on games to get.
Informative, unpradictable, and practical. A good formula. ;)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:24 pm

I tried to keep the mockery of the console to a minimum, because I didn't want to personally insult the guy, he's probably a really nice guy, and I don't like to see anyone fail at anything, especially something they love.

It's just there really isn't any room on the market for another console, especially one that doesn't even have console features when you buy it. That's why I really don't understand what this guy is thinking. And even if there was room for another, his tagline "After Evo there will be no more," that's just absurd...this thing isn't going to take down the "Big Three." I know, I know, it's advertising, you don't expect advertising to be accurate, but even the bigger companies, Nintendo and Microsoft, don't have the gall to say that their system will erase their competitors.

Again, I hope he sells some, because he really seems to want to make people happy, and I want him to succeed. I just think he's going about it the wrong way.

And if you like this episode's suggestions, wait until next one where we lay out games that are awesome but hard to find. :D

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Myoti » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 am

Another great job guys. I do have a few complaints, though. Link still often sounds too low for some odd reasons, there were a couple of sound glitches, and personally, I think the intro song is a bit too long. Also, there seemed to be a large chunk of nothing after the show. It wasn't real a big issue, but it seemed like you had kept recording after it was done, so there's around 5-10 minutes of nothing there at the end.
I did also like the added in music during the talking. It seemed to add an extra something to the show. ;D

Mark Rain is great, I must say. Really. o.o

I'll have to try out some out of the games mentioned (whenever I get a PS2, that is), namely Mercenaries, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear 3. I've played Paper Mario: TTY, and yes, it's a great game. I've also played RE4, and would say it is definetly worth it as well (I actually only got part way through and decided to take it back for the time being, namely until I move out, but I kept the save file and I'm quite glad it's gone done so low already).
Myoti

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Myoti wrote:Link still often sounds too low for some odd reasons,

Alright, I will see to it that Link and I "chat" on this and figure out where the volume problem lies.

Thanks for the comments. For listeners who have not commented, please do not be shy.

*wonders what listeners think of the show titles so far.*
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:30 pm

Great BG music!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:57 pm

good work. I was surprised at what I learned about Sega.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts