CAA Radio Episode One: “Fried Fandom of the Far Feastâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode One: “Fried Fandom of the Far Feastâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:25 pm

CAA Radio is officially in business and here with our first episode, folks!

Disclaimer: This Episode was recorded on the 21st of June and delayed, because of sound issues and editing. Some sound issues are still present, so still bear with us.

Link:

CAA Radio Episode One: "Fried Fandom of the Far Feast"

Enjoy,
LA
Link Antilles

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm

yay!!

good job gents!

For our first show that wasn't that bad!! Please note: We are still learning!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby kryptech » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:20 am

Hurray!

I'm presently downloading it via GetRight. With dial-up it'll take a bit but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :thumb:
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Myoti » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:48 am

Abuse your powers in the "Banned" thread, Link. XD

I'd like to be interviewed, but I don't have Skype yet (I will soon when I get my new computer, though).

And Nate's a time-traveler, ne? Xp

Good show overall. =D

And a funny little fact: manga price is not the same universaly.
From my understanding, in Japan, the average manga price is around $3.70 (in American currency). Compare that to the average $8/10 we have to pay here (understandable with all the translation and licensing needs, of course). Although, I think most of the Japanese tanko (manga books) are of higher quality and typically include a slip-cover (my two OP tanko do).

I feel the same about downloading then buying anime. Of course, this puts me in a odd predicament with my own favorite series: I can download, but there's not a good, quality dub as of yet (I DO buy the manga for it, however).
Myoti

Postby Angel37 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:42 pm

Link Antilles wrote:CAA Radio is officially in business and here with our first episode, folks!

Disclaimer: This Episode was recorded on the 21st of June and delayed, because of sound issues and editing. Some sound issues are still present, so still bear with us.

Link:

Enjoy,
LA

[edit]
Angel37

Postby Angel37 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Link Antilles wrote:CAA Radio is officially in business and here with our first episode, folks!

Link:

Enjoy,
LA

Think you guys could try and find out when the manga X/1999 # 19 is coming out? The bookstores aren't sure....
Angel37

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:53 pm

We will try Angel! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:41 pm

I gave a listen to it earlier. I'm on dial-up so every minute counts when I'm having to download these. You may want to cut your intro music as this was rather long. In fact it would be best to begin your verbal intro within about 5 seconds. And it seemed that the music continued almost 4 or 5 minutes into the show. That puts the listener in the position of trying to hear over it to understand and focus on the announcers. The closing music also was somewhat long.

Also you might want to be a little more professional in some your terminology. Sorry, but the term "_____ sucks" is one I'll never get use to. Also one of the hosts repeatedly used the term "ya know" or something similar to it continuously. The show lasted for 46 minutes. I think you could condense it and still have a good program at 30 minutes cutting some of the back and forth banter used to fill time. Overall, a good first effort.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am

Rev. Doc wrote:
Also you might want to be a little more professional in some your terminology. Sorry, but the term "_____ sucks" is one I'll never get use to. Also one of the hosts repeatedly used the term "ya know" or something similar to it continuously. The show lasted for 46 minutes. I think you could condense it and still have a good program at 30 minutes cutting some of the back and forth banter used to fill time. Overall, a good first effort.

As for the music... LIIIINNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Sucks will be banned form 'cast vocabulary as well as we can. The materiel we had can be compressed... and we will be adding a few things (mailbag,
interviews, special reports) so we don't feel like we're trying to stretch the material out too much (yup... we were stretching for an hour there...)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:01 am

Good first effort guys! Was it suppoused to cut off at the 34 minute mark?
Anyway, nice that we finally get TokyoPop down here. Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Good first effort guys! Was it suppoused to cut off at the 34 minute mark?
Anyway, nice that we finally get TokyoPop down here. Thanks!

Cut off? O.o ummm... no. This one is supposed to run about 46 minutes... you're missing the last 10 minutes somehow.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby kaji » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:23 am

A pretty good job guys / ladies… um… that is… one ladies…

Im with Rev.Docs general thoughts in regards to appropriate dialog as well as a bit of condensing. As far as the “ummsâ€
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:16 pm

thanks Kaji! This was only our first show I am sure we will be addressing your concerns!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:43 pm

[quote="kaji"]Perhaps expanding this to discuss various competitions and events happening around CAA would be worth wild. That is, in addition to mentioning/explaining busy topics. Or maybe even ‘CAA Tips’ to forum browsing/use. Maybe even recomend or encourage people to check out the Christian growth area for some of Revs devotions, or the prayer section for some support from the community.

It might also be cool to have an Editors Choice, where you highlight an anime each month to discuss, rate and recommend.

Despite some cheesy intros, I did like how you separated the different parts of the program and even gave them names. Some added background music might be cool when changing gears in this part. You could tell when people were reading the script and when they were going from thought. :lol:

Some minor details were that someone’s microphone was picking up their breathing while most of the time you could barely hear LA.

All in all a good first attempt]

CAA tips= good suggestion... dunno how many tips there are about the site but hey I'm surre we could find some.

Cheesy intro's = My fault... i wrote most of them, and most likely all the bad ones. As for segment intros and segment music, anyone who can come up with some is free to run it by us, I personally don't have the time or ability to create music for that.. yet.

Mic issues for link... I have no idea what happened.

As for "Christian specific" material we'll have to work that out with site moderation and whatnot so it dosn't: A. Exclude anyone B. Start a fight. theres a lot of different denominations on this site and withiin thie podcast even, soooo... yeah.

Also IMO I don't wanna Air 1 this and beat people over the head with it so badly that non- christians feel put out by it. My personal idea was to have a show that could bring interested people to the forum, and still be of interest to christian listeners. I do want to do more on the Focus on the Family issue at some point soon and that will have to deal with obvious christian issues and maybe bring that angle in.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:25 pm

I echo what mech said. Just as we stated in our video game podcast and the problem with Christian video games (shameless plug), it's hard to delve deep into Christianity without bothering someone. I couldn't do a show with say, Calvinist doctrine because I don't agree with Calvinist doctrine. By the same token, if we did a show with Lutheran doctrine, Calvinists wouldn't agree with it and it would alienate them.

However, I do like your idea of a verse to meditate on. That is quite a splendid idea.

It might also be cool to have an Editors Choice, where you highlight an anime each month to discuss, rate and recommend.

I actually offered this idea when we were brainstorming for the podcast. XD;; I think maybe it was too big of an endeavor for the "pilot," but maybe we can work it in in future installments.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby kaji » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:36 am

Cool guys, thanks for taking the time to listen to your listeners. ;)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:34 am

Great show despite the sound problems.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:29 pm

If you do decide to spotlight an "editor's choice", I think you should just stick to titles that are actually complete. Don't pick something that still has a few volumes left to wrap up.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:37 pm

rocklobster wrote:If you do decide to spotlight an "editor's choice", I think you should just stick to titles that are actually complete. Don't pick something that still has a few volumes left to wrap up.

Yeah... I think between the 4 of us we'll have finished a few series so we can give full and complete commentaries on it. Especially if only one series is spotlighted each 'cast.

Would you be adverse to an "editors bane" section every few casts where we highlight somthing we completed and honestly wished we hadnt?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:34 pm

Not at all. We need to know which titles to avoid too.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:37 pm

Nice job! I especially enjoyed the musical selections (from Air and Sailor Moon), and I thought you guys did a good job, overall!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I especially enjoyed the musical selections (from Air and Sailor Moon)
*quietly pumps his fist and whispers, "Yes!"*

*quietly sneaks away from thread.*
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 pm

So, when's the next show?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Next show has been recorded and is currently in editing.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Mushishi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:12 pm

SUUUUUUUUUUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIII!!! THERE ARE VOICES BEHIND THESE PICTURES!!! Very awesome first podcast!

I must respectfully disagree with Rev. Doc in saying that the intro music was INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!! *exaggerated thumbs up pose*

Can anyone tell me what the intro song/bgmusic was? I must....have...this....
God creates out of nothing. Wonderful, you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.

-Soren Kierkegaard

Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa!

Haaa

umi no otoko nya you

Oki no kamome mo yoritsukano

oka no kakaa ga nakou to mo

dare ga toru yara ichiban mori

haa Danchone! Danchone!

haa tairyou da tairyou da!

In episode 11, first season of School Rumble, Harima reads Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. SUGOOOIIII!!!!!!!!

At least listen to the music.
Mushishi

Postby Omega Amen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Mushishi wrote:Can anyone tell me what the intro song/bgmusic was? I must....have...this....

I see that Link did not put the music links. I will talk with him to make sure that gets fixed.

In the meantime, here are the links:

Intro: Air - Summer Lights, Anime Remix
Outro: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Moonlit Tango, Anime Remix
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts