Gamecast - Episode 1 - “No Racing on the Ridgeâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast - Episode 1 - “No Racing on the Ridgeâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Sat May 27, 2006 10:08 pm

I’m pleased to announce another episode of the Gamecast, which we are calling the “officialâ€
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Sat May 27, 2006 10:36 pm

Yes, we really made an effort to listen to the feedback that you, the members, gave. Hopefully, this Gamecast episode addresses some of the problems some members expressed in the past.

Please download it (should be much faster and reliable) and tell us what you think.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 29, 2006 4:04 am

THIS WAS AWESOME GUYS!!

I have played Bible Adventures..and as a KID, it was kinda fun...

the Noah level...odd...

Strange game...

I LOVE THIS RADIO SHOW...you guys need a female cohost though...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 am

Great show. And I agree about the Left Behind game. I'm not surprised, since those writers have a pretty warped view of Christianity, IMHO. I wasn't interested in the game anyway, since I hate the series for its anti-Catholic stance.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kkun » Mon May 29, 2006 11:08 am

Great job, guys! You guys are definitely getting more comfortable with it. This one had me laughing my head off a few times. I really enjoyed it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Omega Amen » Mon May 29, 2006 3:11 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:I LOVE THIS RADIO SHOW...you guys need a female cohost though...
Thank you. You have been the second person who has expressed publicly in wanting to have a woman host on the show. We, the current hosts, also believe that, but if no women apply for host positions (this includes the General/Anime show), what can we do? Speak in falsetto pitch?

If you do know a CAA lady who is seriously interested in becoming a host, tell her to contact Link Antilles about it at caagameradio@gmail.com. That e-mail might not work immediately, but Link will put it up rather soon.
rocklobster wrote:Great show. And I agree about the Left Behind game. I'm not surprised, since those writers have a pretty warped view of Christianity, IMHO. I wasn't interested in the game anyway, since I hate the series for its anti-Catholic stance.
The comment you expressed here will relate to one of the sub-issues that we will address in the second part of our State of Christian Video Games discussion.
Kkun wrote:Great job, guys! You guys are definitely getting more comfortable with it.
That is ironic. We were very self-conscious about the time as we recorded.... I guess, in a sense, we are more comfortable with it since we pulled that off while still getting positive reaction to the show.
Kkun wrote:This one had me laughing my head off a few times. I really enjoyed it.
Anything specific you remember that you found humorous?
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Sephiroth » Mon May 29, 2006 4:39 pm

yo, thata was cool, am lookin forward to teh next one keep up teh good work guys.

:thumb:
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon May 29, 2006 6:19 pm

I enjoyed this, but next time, can we get a piece about the new Sega console?

Just humor me.
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Joshua Christopher wrote:I enjoyed this, but next time, can we get a piece about the new Sega console?

Just humor me.

There is no new Sega console. Dreamcast was their last one. They said so.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon May 29, 2006 7:26 pm

rocklobster wrote:There is no new Sega console. Dreamcast was their last one. They said so.

Yes, I know. I just like to imagine that... I live in my own little dreamworld.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Myoti » Mon May 29, 2006 8:45 pm

Somehow, I wanna hear your stance on Movie-games, I think. :p
Myoti

Postby gungrave » Wed May 31, 2006 3:08 pm

rarg, I cant download it, it just wont load the thing...y to let me download it,
is there away to be nice to me and put it on yousendit or something?
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:03 pm

gungrave wrote:rarg, I cant download it, it just wont load the thing...y to let me download it,
is there away to be nice to me and put it on yousendit or something?
I just tried it again, and I was still able to download the MP3 file just fine.

Did you right click with your mouse on the MP3 link and then select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" (or something like that depending on your web browser)? You should be able to do it on your browser and that would allow you to select which directory to save the MP3 file in.

Omega Amen

Postby kaji » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:59 am

LOL, that was interesting guys. I never knew LA had such a good radio voice. Seriously LA, not every one has a good recording voice, but you really have somthing there . ;)

Anyway, I was thinking about some of the things you guys talked about.

First up, about SquareEnix. This company has tried time and time again to create a winning game formula. Yes, they have greatly suceeded in creating a game formula in Final Fantasy that can be reused and changed in minor ways, but still carry a winning mix. The differance between this and many other sucessful game formulas is that FF has minor trates that carry the majority of the weight. Sequels are not restricted to a singular world enviroment or concept. That gives freedom from continual storylines and character developments and gives each installment a clean slate with an already winning fomula. Its like a mad-lib, just fill in the blanks and its bond to be funny.

Yes, Chrono Cross was a great game, but the formula is to simmilar to FF for them to coexist (unless it was compettition against). Do this, take FFXII and play through it telling your self its a brand new CC game. Sure, you wont fight Lavos in the end, but whats the difference here?

So the point is, why not spend their profit else where? Invest in other areas of technology that may indirrectly increase their profit in the areas they have already secured a foot hold in (like games). Look at Microsoft, did they get big by just sticking to an operating system? Just like Square will not grow and profiet from just sticking with games (so much as it COULD by spreading out). They are already winning in the RPG relm with FF, so why waste money on trying to produce new game formulas when they can put their capital to work for the ones they already have.

In the end this is a business. Who knows, if their side investments turn big then they may have all the more resources to throw into new game development later on. Dont think of them as abandoning their roots so much as securing a future.

When I was in Japan this past year, I was amused to see Konami Sports clubs and fitness centers (Formerly known as People Co., Ltd). So I say spread out Square, invest and grow! ^_^

The other thing I wanted to mention was about Christian Video games. First of all, what is it that you guys are looking for? Specifically. You talk about the game enviroment but we all know that graphics or enviroment are nice, but a good game can manage a winning formula in its method and concept alone. I agree, throwing Biblical material into a game to serve another purpose then what it was intended for, isnt going to work. In some cases it isnt any different then say Evas use of Bible names.

But what are you looking for? FPS? RPG? Fighting? RTS? Think of the concept of most games them selves. You typically take the role of a protagonist who is faced with a problem who then initiates and follows through on a solution. In each case you have a series of options you can demand from the program to gain certain results.

Like you mentioned in reguards to prayer, this formula is drastically different from our lives as Christians. We do not pray expecting our wishes to be granted, though we have faith they will be heard. A game based on truthful Biblical teaching would leave the player no different then they would be today (in real life). No picking up your flame thrower in the name of Christ. In reality the player would probably be martyred in the first few min (of a modernday war game).

I agree, the problem is that most developers of Christian games (like the ones you mentioned) today are trying to make a game with Christian ideas but with a model that is not compatible. More importantly to me then making a Christian game that is fun, is one that can accurately portray portions of the Bible to its audiance (lest we loose the point of calling it Christian in the first place). Im not talking about scripture being pasted on the screen now and then, but perhaps a game around the Kings of Jerusalem and Samaria. However (as we have learned from the throwing of baby Moses in the river) it would have to be made with peramiters that do not deviate from the story. Which, in most Bible cases, means you lose in the end...

Perhaps the whole phylosophy behind a 'Christian Game' is what really needs to be reworked.

EDIT: Oh, and I think we all need to hear more of what MS has to say. :P
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Did any of you ever hear of the SNES title Super Noah's Ark 3-D? Now that stunk!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby gungrave » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:12 pm

Omega Amen wrote:I just tried it again, and I was still able to download the MP3 file just fine.

Did you right click with your mouse on the MP3 link and then select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" (or something like that depending on your web browser)? You should be able to do it on your browser and that would allow you to select which directory to save the MP3 file in.

umm well I did try it, and it didnt work, Im willing to try it again but when I right clicked, it never came up as save anything.... but I appreaciate the help
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:35 am

so, when will the anime show start?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts