Misfile

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Misfile

Postby Aleolus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:58 pm

OK, have any of you heard of a comic called Misfile? I found it recently, and I have been enjoying it immensely, but I wanted to get the opinions of other Christians on it. The basic idea is that Angels are just as fallable as humans, this one in particular is a pothead, and messed up a couple people, switching one guy to a girl, and dropping two years off of one girl's life, right after she had gotten accepted to Harvard. Now, he's trying to do enough good deeds and all to get Heaven to let him back in so he can fix those errors, without anyone finding out about the "misfilings," because if anyone does, they will make it so that not even Ash or Emily (the two people affected) know that anything was ever any different. Right now, only Ash and Emily know, and they'd like to get things back the way they were, rather than adjust to their new lives.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am

Sounds like a neat idea.

I've had a few tries at working angels into stories, including my most recent attempt at a web-comic (still working on the initial drawings, but the script is finished through page 30) .

I've always worked on the assumption that angels can make mistakes. Why? Because if you accept the existence of angels and demons, and you accept that demons are fallen angels, then this by itself defines angels as fallible.

But if angels can sin (i.e., fail in their angelic duties) then one hopes for their sake that our Father forgives them as he forgives us. That's actually part of the plot in my story, which makes it resembles this one in a way (although mine is very different than this.) One of the 'angels' in the story is actually a 'restoree' (working term. I'm looking for a better one), a repentent demon trying to return to the fold. It's a concept I've tried out many times, but I've yet to figure out.

My story is a fantasy, not a work of serious theological speculation, which I suspect puts it into the same category as this as well. I'll have to find this one, and see how the author deals with a similar idea.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:56 am

I've read ever misfile release so far. While immensely curious to see what will happen... I'm not liking the lesbian themes now... :\
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Aleolus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am

EricTheFred wrote:Sounds like a neat idea.

I've had a few tries at working angels into stories, including my most recent attempt at a web-comic (still working on the initial drawings, but the script is finished through page 30) .

I've always worked on the assumption that angels can make mistakes. Why? Because if you accept the existence of angels and demons, and you accept that demons are fallen angels, then this by itself defines angels as fallible.

But if angels can sin (i.e., fail in their angelic duties) then one hopes for their sake that our Father forgives them as he forgives us. That's actually part of the plot in my story, which makes it resembles this one in a way (although mine is very different than this.) One of the 'angels' in the story is actually a 'restoree' (working term. I'm looking for a better one), a repentent demon trying to return to the fold. It's a concept I've tried out many times, but I've yet to figure out.

My story is a fantasy, not a work of serious theological speculation, which I suspect puts it into the same category as this as well. I'll have to find this one, and see how the author deals with a similar idea.

The name of the comic in the opening is also a link to it.

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I've read ever misfile release so far. While immensely curious to see what will happen... I'm not liking the lesbian themes now... :\

Well, technically, they aren't lesbian themes, because Ash is supposed to be a guy, so it's technically hetero themes with a gender swap involved on one side. I mean, think about it. If you were in love with a woman, who suddenly, unexpectedly and unwillingly got turned into a guy, would you suddenly stop caring for them just because you're straight? Or would you find it extremely awkward, and try to get her turned back normal?

"Who are you?"

Aleolus

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:18 am

It ends up being VERY lesbian friendly later in the comic, and pretty blatantly, reguardless of the "switch" issue. Theres also a lot of fanservice and body jokes.

That being said I'm still reading it to see if the story starts moving towards resolution, but may drop it if it bogs down any more (its reaallly lost pace, escpecially with the "good deed" thing.)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:09 pm

I read everything that had been written perhaps half a year ago and haven't been back since. While I found the principle interesting (and I would like to know more about the main angel's brother) in the end the way the story developed frustrated me. After stepping back and evaluating the progression up to that point, I felt it ultimately wasn't particularly meaningful. But an interesting read.

Aleolus wrote:The name of the comic in the opening is also a link to it.

You have an extra "s" in the url, so the link fails.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Aleolus wrote:The name of the comic in the opening is also a link to it.

Well, technically, they aren't lesbian themes, because Ash is supposed to be a guy, so it's technically hetero themes with a gender swap involved on one side. I mean, think about it. If you were in love with a woman, who suddenly, unexpectedly and unwillingly got turned into a guy, would you suddenly stop caring for them just because you're straight? Or would you find it extremely awkward, and try to get her turned back normal?

That's why it's good to know that such a thing would never happen XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Aleolus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:06 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:
You have an extra "s" in the url, so the link fails.

Sorry about that. Fixed.

"Who are you?"

Aleolus

Postby yukishiro128 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 pm

I hate to be condescending, but I don't even see how anyone can read it "for the story" or whatever when it's saturated with such language and perverse themes. Bad language is one of my major Christian pet peeves, so I try to avoid the worst of it if at all possible. I'm very sorry and would have liked to give the story a chance, but...that's just where I stand. Maybe someone who's read on a bit could comment better.

:( Sorry, don't hate me!
http://www.busybeeband.com--Most awesome high school band ever. Check it out.

Hurry up and install your home security systems, 'cause Jesus is coming like a thief in the night.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]ACCHONBURIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/font] :wow!:

:angel:
yukishiro128

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:25 pm

yukishiro128 wrote:I hate to be condescending, but I don't even see how anyone can read it "for the story" or whatever when it's saturated with such language and perverse themes. Bad language is one of my major Christian pet peeves, so I try to avoid the worst of it if at all possible. I'm very sorry and would have liked to give the story a chance, but...that's just where I stand. Maybe someone who's read on a bit could comment better.

As you said, language is one of your pet peeves. For anyone who does not find this particularly offensive (most of the people I meet on a daily basis use worse) reading it isn't that bad. A similar principle applies to the main theme and subsequent exploitation of it. What kept me reading for a while were the characters (especially the main angel's brother and his mysterious past) and wanting to see a general resolution of the plot. When this was not forthcoming I became disenchanted and stopped reading.
uc pseudonym

Postby Aleolus » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:36 pm

Actually, I think they're picking that storyline back up with the disappearance of the archangel in charge of "Fourth Division," which sounds sorta like a Bleach rip-off to me.

"Who are you?"

Aleolus

Return to Webmanga/comics