Legend: Perceptions

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Legend: Perceptions

Postby rii namuras » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:44 am

[color="Red"](Well, I've finally gone and drew myself a webcomic. I've been trying for several years, but this time I have a coherent plot all the way to the end, so here's hoping I'll finish it.)

"Man holds the tools it uses for murder in such contempt, when it is really their own fault for the crimes commited. All the same, that does not stop them from blaming the tool for the crimes of the user. This sword is completely black to convey this: Man's intentions are black, but not blacker than how they view what they use to carry out these intentions.

Dramaj Estoren is a half-Drow, half Elf. His father hails from an underground kingdom, his mother from the Elven nation of Nytreeia. Both parents long dead, he struggles to find some meaning in life that doesn't involve discrimination. But with the Elven-Drow War, Dramaj has trouble finding someone willing to talk to him, much less give him a job.

After years of searching, Dramaj finds himself back in his mother's hometown, the Nytreeian capitol of Aneas. Will his search continue to be in vain or will he finally find something?"

http://www.perceptions.irisfaerie.com

Minimum age: 12

Violence: 5 - there'll be some blood at the end, but nothing too extreme. It is a big battle, after all.

Language: 0

Sexual Content: 0

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 0

Bad Religion: 0 - No religion at all.[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Syreth » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:27 am

Well, it's hard to go off of only two pages, but the introduction is compelling. I'll have to check back for more.
Syreth

Postby rii namuras » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:55 am

[color="Red"](There are more pages here. I'm still updating this website on a regular basis (I'm going to as soon as I finish typing this), but for now the dA has them on a when-I-finish-them-basis. As schoolwork piles up, they'll even out, but for now, dA has more.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:07 pm

"Forget it, you are the only person wearing a cloak"

:D

Nice!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 am

It certainly looks interesting. Looking forward to more pages. ;)
Mave

Postby rii namuras » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 am

[color="Red"](Two page update. From now on, devART and website update schedules will run at the same time.)

(Page six is my favorite so far - mostly because I finally get to use the color accents that I love to use in my inked work.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Beautiful work, Rii! Dramaj seems like a very cool character so far - even though he's reclusive he also seems shy and good-natured. :)

I'll keep an eye out for updates. Great work!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby rii namuras » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:07 pm

[color="Red"](Update. One more page will conclude the scene "A Child's Innocence" and the next will begin "Arrested." Both of which, despite being a scene transition, will still be put up next Tuesday.)

(I don't have any comments on these pages, aside from how tall Dramaj is... I didn't plan him that way, yet somehow he turned out like that.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:44 pm

I like your style very much - it's got a drastic tone in both color and black and white pieces. Looking forward to seeing more. ^_^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby rii namuras » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 am

[color="Red"](Updated! Grah, I need to finish the next two pages by Tuesday... They're work-intensive, too. At least, moreso than the others.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:02 am

I finally got time to read your comic, Rii! ^^ Great work! I love the expressions! :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rii namuras » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:57 pm

[color="Red"](I've started updating again, with a revised version starting from the beginning. Still updates on Tuesdays and Fridays, but it'll be a bit earlier for the rest of you, because of time zones.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow, you really started over?
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby rii namuras » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:50 am

[color="Red"](Yes, I really started over.)[/color]
rii namuras

Return to Webmanga/comics