Tic Tac Toe Joe

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:Yeah, I *was* going to do it by issue, but I wonder if leaking out 5 pages first might keep the hype up better. We'll see.

I could go either way, but in general: if it would be quite a while until issue 2 would be complete, do it five pages at a time. If it could be done within a few weeks, release it at once.

Lochaber Axe wrote:I'm just sad no one is even commenting on my manga...

Do you have a manga posted somewhere, or are you referring to your own reference to your idea?
uc pseudonym

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:32 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Do you have a manga posted somewhere, or are you referring to your own reference to your idea?

In terms of comparison, it is simply a joke on the discontented artist/writer. In actuality, it is beyond an idea since I have started to write it. Not extensively (ie only one page as of this post) mind you, but seen has still an improvement for the lazy likes of me.

By the way if you don't mind, I have plans to parody some of your more "abstract intellectual" conversational tendencies. That's what I believe two writers of our caliber do... make fun of each other for the heck of an inside joke.
Lochaber Axe

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:05 am

How would it actually target me, as opposed to just intellectualism in general? But that question is academic: I don't mind you doing such a thing, as I trust you wouldn't be writing in a mean-spirited sense.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:How would it actually target me, as opposed to just intellectualism in general? But that question is academic: I don't mind you doing such a thing, as I trust you wouldn't be writing in a mean-spirited sense.
Hah... maybe I am, maybe I am not... puhah... you're my friend, I wouldn't do that to ya.

Actually, it isn't as much intellectualism as it is a certain tv genre... one of the main characters has a certain quirk that is present in it. You should know which genre it is when you see... if I allow you to see it of course. ;)

Should have not watched FLCL... my mind has gone more nuts than usual.

I can tell you that I am having fun with this manga, and no matter what, that would be the most important thing.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:04 am

LOT
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:48 am

Alright... that's fine by me. Other than that, I don't feel I have anything worthwhile to say.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:55 pm

ug, b
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Psycho Ann » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:31 pm

Though, I never really thought any online manga needed a specific high-powered manga viewer, but of all the options, I would opt for the last one. Then if viewers want to d/l the manga per issue (and when done, the whole book) provide a link to a zip.

What do everyone else think?

(I personally loathe PDFs. Gah, I feel like shooting polygons now...)
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 am

Well, in
Fsiphskilm

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:12 am

Dude..
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:22 am

That is quite a few uniques...

As for the assorted options, I share Ann's dislike of PDF files. Plus, I'm not too keen about just offering an immediate download option... why? They can read them whenever they like, and if they really want to save the images they can do that themselves. Of the recent options, I think the Flash one looks best. If it has a small filesize and acceptable quality, the only disadvantage is that we have to use Flash, correct?
uc pseudonym

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:04 pm

The uniques should mainly come from onlinecomics.net and here, since there's no where way else anyone would know about it XD But yeah, those are great stats for something with very little content ^^

Hm, I'm now wondering if it's just easier to resize the jpegs, to a point that it's still easy to read that is....

But no PDFs!!! I have to work with them a lot too, but I would rather not tangle with them out of work.
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.

Psycho Ann

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:47 pm

k th
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:31 am

The plan is to continue it, yes. But travel and a computer-crash on Ann's end haven't helped us at all.
uc pseudonym

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:38 pm

Yeah, it's gonna be a while till I get back on track, but be assured it's still high on my priority list. ^^ (problem is, the highest on the priority list is sucking away my time... but yeah.)

Psycho Ann

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:37 am

Bumping up this thread for good reason. For those that haven't checked The Project, T3J is back from its extended hiatus with a a new look, new character profile images, and 3 pages of Issue #2.

Lookie here!

Many thanks, Volt for taking care of it for us this long. XD

On another note, should this be moved to the webcomic board?

Psycho Ann

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:46 pm

soo...who writes this exactly? It looks interesting and really professional! :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Taliesin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:34 pm

This is so funny! Especially if you've watched Hikaru no Go (which I have)
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:40 pm

O_O ROFL! I juist read it!! OMGOSH!!! THATS SO FUUNNYYYY

"It's called DEATH SQUARES!"

"it's Tic Tac Toe"

"DEATH SQUAARESS!"

GREAT JOB :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:soo...who writes this exactly?

That would be me. Glad you like it.

As for this update, everyone needs to look at the character profiles. Why?
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 pm

UC this story..makes me cry with happiness... ¦D
It really is genius.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:43 am

XD Woohooo! An update!

I'm loving Tic Tac Toe Joe. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Yay! I love this comic :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mave » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:13 am

Yea for T3J! I second the proposal to move this thread to the Webmanga/Comics section. XD
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:39 pm

I knew there was something I forgot to do in this thread...
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 pm

this comic is pretty hilarious. very well done!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Previous

Return to Webmanga/comics