Redemption - fate of the past

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Redemption - fate of the past

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:39 am

Redemption - fate of the past.

In a world of conflict, Alenard has accepted his fate. Burdened by the past, he believes that he deserves death. But events beyond his control conspire to thwart his wish. He is given a new fate...

Updates Fridays at the Redemption Website.

This is my first comic, so you'll see things improve quite rapidly over the 13 odd pages that are up so far. I'd really love to hear what you think about it so far.

Minimum age: 14

Violence: 1-10; 1 the least offensive, 10 most. 5/10. There will be some fighting, but it will not be particularly graphic or gruesome.

Language: 3/10. None.

Sexual Content: 2/10. There will be subtle tones of innocent romance. Nothing more.

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 0/10. None. Zip. Nada.

Bad Religion: magic, spells, etc. May also include any new age/counter-Christian philosophies, even if the series rebukes them.
5/10. Redemption deals with the ideas of redemption, atonement and grace. The main character attempts to redeem himself and is a little depressed at first, believing he deserves to die for his past actions.

Comic sample - Page 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Mave » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:56 am

Well, first off, WELCOME!

Secondly, I'm not too sure what you mean in the 2nd page: The thing about being bad with panels, drawing in general etc.etc. I think you're doing just fine! :thumb:

I like what I'm reading so far and hope you'll keep thing going for a long time. It starts off with a good premise (I am wondering what crime Alenard has committed) and is moving along quite nicely. Nice job, CA!
Mave

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Thank you, Mave! When I begun the comic I was very unsure about the process and didn't quite know if I was putting things together in the 'right' way. I'm starting to learn that there are many ways of putting panels/story etc. together. ^^; So thanks for the encouragement.

I hope to keep going for a while. There's a lot of plot in my head just waiting for me to write it out. XD
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:30 pm

I wuv this story...it's soo entertaining and interesting!! ^_^

I love your panels too...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:33 am

My panels? :hug: Aww, thank you. I've struggled with them a lot over my 14 pages... but I may finally be starting to have fun with them now. ^^

Speaking of 14 pages... page 14 is live!

Its weird trying to work out the update schedule... I update on Fridays, but Drunkduck works in a time zone a day behind me... .... so my Fridays are late Thursdays people outside of NZ and Australia. S:|
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:00 am

Apologies for double-post. I'm going to be away until Wednesday but Redemption will update on the Friday as per usual. :) I hope whoever sees it enjoys it. ^^;
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Huh, how did I not see this right away? I'd say you're off to a good start CA! You've done a pretty good job at keeping each face consistent, kudos! Good luck with this project.
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks so much, Eso. I'm still learning how to do things consistent but I think its getting easier as I go. (^ ^) Lets hope I go on improving as time carries on. :)

EDIT: Page 16 update
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Alenard's googly eyes are so kawaii! *squee!!!*

Ahem... er... yes... *adopts mature literary critic voice now* I'm really enjoying this comic so far, CA, and would've commented sooner had I not been extremely lazy. Anyway, I'm dying to know what Alenard was convicted of. O.O Oooh the suspense. How could someone that cute do something worthy of death?!
USSRGirl

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Eheehee. Googly. XD I'm really glad you like it: I haven't written or told a story in years so its taking some practice to get back into.

I've definitely got Len's backstory all planned out but I'm divided about whether to show it in a flashback or just to have it revealed throughout the story in what he says and describes. Perhaps I'll just do both. :P

Thanks SO much, USSRGirl. This is one of the things I'm working hardest on, so your encouragement is really appreciated and motivating. God bless you, hun. ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Well, you've definitely got me intrigued by the story. And btw, I love that new flash animation you added! XD Gets a fangirl: "Awwwwwww!"

Good luck with your comic and God bless!
USSRGirl

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:37 pm

A fangirl??? Fantastique!!
Thanks so much, USSRGirl. :hug:

You liked the animation? Thanks! I'm planning on doing a 'oh no! I miss an update' one in advance in case I miss putting up a page on Friday. I love working on animations. ^^

Next page in colour, finally. ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:30 pm

Nice color job on the new pages. Grace seems like she's going to be a funny character. Sweet, but kinda clutzy. ^__^
USSRGirl

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Very nice, keep up the good work!
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:04 am

Thanks, USSR! ^^ And thanks, Eso!

I went on hiatus for a while, but its back to regular weekly updates (Thursdays).

Yep, Grace is kind of clutzy but she means well. So I guess that counts somewhere. :grin:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:43 am

ooh I love the update, CA ^^
You are really amazing! I love the work you put into your panels! Great work! :3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 am

Wow, I'm liking the comic although your effort in the animation is admirable! How much time did it take you to complete "hiatus"?
Mave

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Hm... I'm not sure how long it took me, actually. I did it some time before my hiatus, and it turned out to be a good thing to throw up there when I was away for a while. I wanted to practice with different motions and stuff... I don't think I'll ever get around to inking it properly. I worked on it on and off over a good month or so - so there's probably a good six hours work in there, maybe. :P I'm not really sure.

Thanks, Mave!

Thank you too, Kit-chan! I'm trying hard to draw better backgrounds as I go. *nod* ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:48 pm

*Pops back in* Just wanted to let you know I was still following it, and also really liked your slight improvement in style since the hiatus (the eyes, expressions, building looked smoother to me). Great story! Looking forward to more!
USSRGirl

Return to Webmanga/comics