New manga - Game Plan

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

New manga - Game Plan

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:45 am

Game Plan link

Not sure what else to say but "hope you enjoy it." :)

Edit: Forgot to include ratings. For ages...I dunno...ten and up maybe? Mild violence in only one part. No skimpy outfits, no nudity, no bad language. Slapstick humor...get used to it, I guess. ;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:51 am

SHE'S BACK!!!

*clears throat.*

I will check this new manga out, inkhana. Thanks.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Shinja » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:14 am

wha? who? where? manga! Glad your back!
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:40 am

Wow, this is totally awesome! ^_____^ And, might I add, I rather enjoy what the poster and dolls in the store window are advertising. ;) :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:06 am

Yeaaaaaaaaaah!

*runs off to read*
Mithrandir

Postby oro! » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 pm

I am liking the theme(as i am a gamer, too).

Just wondering, is this going to be a manga with underlying Christian themes, or just one with Christian characters?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:17 pm

:D Wow, it looks fantastic! Your art style is so impressive, and it's so well laid-out! Excellent work, keep it up! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby inkhana » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:56 am

Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

Oro! - Yes, this will have Christian themes, not just Christian characters. Pretty soon they'll become more obvious. As usual, it's taking me a while to get going. haha

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:32 am

: : reads FAQ, goes off to write a sappy LockexKai songfic : :

.rai//

[spoiler] This is my sorry, sorry attempt at an April Fool's. You may laugh at its patheticity if you wish. [/spoiler]
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Pepper Kittie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:55 pm

Yaaaaay Ink! ^__^ This is great so far! You're moving so quickly. It's really neat to see your work again. Keep it up! I'm praying for you, and this project, too. Yay for gamers.

*points to a page* Oooh ooh, I see my charas! XD You're amazing, Ink.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Gypsy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:48 am

inkhana wrote:As usual, it's taking me a while to get going. haha

No problem whatsoever! I think we're all just happy that you're back!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:43 pm

SHE'S BAAACK!!! I AM EXCITED NOWZ!! *goes off to read it* (but at a slow pace, as I should be working on homework..>_<)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Icarus » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:56 pm

This is what I get for not keeping up with this forum.

This is probably the best thing that happened on my birthday.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 am

Inky, all I have to say is: WELCOME BACK!!! *glomps*

I feel so alive, the CAA webmanga veterans are coming back in full force!

General Comments:

Considering that I'm hardly a gamer, I find the premise interesting. I feel bad for the dog (what a name). This group is quite a rough bunch. LOL I'm not sure if I need to respond to your email (which I'm taking forever to reply) but as a whole, it's looking really good. I haven't had problems with the flow and the backgrounds are good (I know, it's a lot of work but it's worthed it!). You're using a bigger variety of tones and sound effects than before and it works. Nuts, I could learn a lot from you and Gypsy actually.

Huzzah for the inspiration!
Mave

Postby inkhana » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:04 am

Nah, there's no reason to reply to the email, Mave. :) I'm just glad you enjoyed it. I do feel like I've learned a lot since my last attempt at webmanga; people have really commented on how my skills have improved (they should have...looking back at SB, it makes me feel very bad...hahaha) I'm surprised anyone can learn anything from me, though, I always thought of myself as the amateur of the group, since I was such a newcomer to manga. ;) So many of you grew up with manga, and then came the 18-year-old who suddenly says "hey, I wanna draw that!"

Thanks to everyone else who's reading and commenting. Chapter 2 will be concluded shortly and the archive will be posted.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Yay~ Looking great so far. I can't wait to see where you're going with the story. :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:01 pm

Very good artwork and story. Great job!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby inkhana » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Chapter 2 is now completely uploaded. :)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:58 am

YAY! Update get!

Oh no . . . is that some ANGST I smell? ^_^

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby OtakusForChrist » Sat May 12, 2007 12:32 pm

This is a really good manga, its nice to reade something thats not filled with nudity or skimpy outfits and has a good christian message...
IT ROCKS
ImageYeah, he's that cool

{})--^--*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*
formerly: Shugo
OtakusForChrist

Postby Gypsy » Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 pm

YAY FOR UPDATES!! And a ST cameo?! *eyes all big and shiny* THANK YOU THAT'S SO COOL!!

I love Julia's design, and despite what a pain her hair was, I think it was really worth it. Her pages are all very stunning. And I laughed so hard when I got to the ice-cream-headache-on-the-outside page! Her expression was priceless! Keep up the awesome work, Ink!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun May 13, 2007 11:42 am

This is great stuff. The artwork is wonderful, the story intriguing...if this were published, I'd so totally buy it.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby inkhana » Thu May 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks guys! It's much appreciated.

I owed you at least a small cameo for the SB cameo in ST, Gypsy. XD Not to mention yours actually had dialogue, so I feel a bit like you got cheated. ^^;;;;

Here's a bit of news: to celebrate my reaching the 50 page milestone, have not only the conclusion to chapter three, but also four pages posted! :3 Woot. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to take a little downtime to draw more pages. That's the part that stinks for everyone involved. lol

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Ashley » Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 pm

Well, I think I speak for many when we say that we're just happy to get some really awesome manga of yours to read!
Ashley

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:17 pm

*rings a giant bell* Hear ye, hear ye! :grin: For those following along, Ink's got Chapter 4 up and ready for your viewing pleasure.

And for those not following along, go read the whole thing from the beginning! You know you want to. ;)

That is all. ^_^ *drops the bell on his foot* ...Ow.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:15 am

Nice update!! I love Tremble's flex when they're in the tree- too funny!
Gypsy

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:13 pm

*Finally making comments on the webmanga I've been browsing*

Wow, Inkhana, your art is some of the best I've ever seen. Very professional. Great story line too.
USSRGirl

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:15 am

Woohoo!~ After a long wait, Ink's got all of Chapter 5 up and ready to read -- and it's her longest chapter yet. Go lookest thou, all ye who keep interest! :D
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:42 am

Hun, may I just say that before I was even a Christian I would squeal over this story =O? Your art is awesome, and I can't wait for more <3
Nikolai Melodie

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 am

You know, I never quite commented on that page in Chapter 5. Those three sure look familiar. XD

Comments:
1) The finer lineart is Ok with me. It gives the comic more of a shoujo touch. Hopefully that is what you're aiming for.
2) The silhouette of Jesus is fine in my mind. Shadows are great for such depictions. XD
3) Locke is a lot more angsty than I expect. Not a bad thing, especially when it gets explained. ;)
4) Tremble in dog clothing/cosplay is quite....disturbing in an amusing way. LOL

Huzzah ~ Chapter 6 and going strong! Will comment more when I read the rest of the pages. Go, Inky!
Mave

Next

Return to Webmanga/comics