Gravity!

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Gravity!

Postby RK Ryune » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:39 am

Well, one of the primary reasons I found out about the CAA was because I wanted to be affiliated with Christianmanga.com.

So.

Ratings!

Min. Age: I'd say 14
Violence: 8-9. Lots of fighting, and someone get's stabbed in the stomach, and there will probably be more violence.
Language: 3? Not a whole lot, may increase due to situation, but for now, swearing is at a nil.
Sexual Content: 5. One character struggles with lust, the other is struggling with the fact that she's lost her virginity.
Nudity: 1, and that's only if you count Cheerleader outfits as skimpy.
Bad religion: uh... 10. The story is most definitely Christian, but the whole story revolves around comparative mythology and magic. I doubt anything would be offensive, but better to be safe, I guess.

In all, I'd say it's somehwere between a PG-PG13 story.

As for the plot:

For when the Sons of God had intercourse with human women, they gave birth to children who became the part of legends of old.
-Genesis 6:4

Across the globe, you'll find plenty similiar between religions. Stories of a great earth-purging deluge, the hope for a long-awaited savior, and even the idea that someone greater than ourselves created the world, to name a few.

There's also the monsters. Throughout the entire planet, there are only a few types of actual "monsters," and though the names given to them may be different, many of these creatures are actually the same: spawned from a human mother and a father not of this world.

Bringing things forward to modern times, evil forces are attempting to reawaken the "angelic bloodline" they started before Noah and his Ark. And the only people on earth that know about it are six teenagers at Central Valley High School.

There's Ruri, who had been transported 400 years into the past upon her "death" four years prior, and learned holy magic by the grace of God.
Donovan, who's family carries the tradition of said holy magic, yet has not learned the full extent of what he can do.
Jim, who was one of the first victims of the insidious plot, thus becoming slightly more feline than before...
Eri, who has no idea what's going on, but knows she must be there all the same
Kyle, who also was transformed, but broke the control of darkness to do what's right
and Ellie, who the whole thing seems to center around, even though she has no idea what's going on or why. All she has are stranges dreams and a promise that she'd never be alone.

So, hope that isn't too long-winded, and I hope all y'all'll go read it ! :D

I shall move mountains-
with only a grain of confidence in the unseen,
I shall do the impossible
For nothing is impossible when one is willing
to reach for the unreachable.

With faith as my shield, there is no doubt all things are possible!
Believing the invisible, aboloshing the darkness,
Remembering that I am never alone,

THIS IS HOW WE OVERCOME
RK Ryune

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:06 pm

I just finished reading through some of this. The story seems pretty intriguing and the charachterizations are OK. I do have one small gripe though. The comic is hard to navigate through, primarily because theres no text telling what buttons do what on the bottom of the page does... it would be a minor change in the graphics (BTW I like the gravity logo text) but would probably make a lot more people a lot more inclined to read when they don't have to try to remember what button goes to the end of the story and what button goes to the next page. This kind of random critical thinking (and frusteration if they get it wrong and have to go find thier page all over again) tends to remove your reader form the story, and fosters disinterest after a while.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:16 pm

The navigation appears pretty standard on my computer. Is it possible that you have some sort of caching or browser issue?

Anyway, I planned to quickly read and then comment, but with 100 pages that won't be possible. With any luck I'll be able to read them later and provide more meaningful feedback the next time I log onto CAA.
uc pseudonym

Postby RK Ryune » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Actually, the 100 pages bit is kinda skewed.

There are only 85. The page numbering in chapter 1 got really messed up for some reason, and fixing the number made the site really buggy. So... yeah.

But thanks for the read!

(and don't worry, Mechana, I'm redoing some of the navigation buttons soon, so that'll be fixed very shortly)
I shall move mountains-

THIS IS HOW WE OVERCOME
RK Ryune

Postby Yumie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:48 pm

I didn't get to read all of it yet, but what I read was good! Some of the characters look a little similar to eachother, so every once and I while I get confused about who's who. But other than that, good job so far!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 pm

I hope this isn't grave digging... but I was just wondering when the updates for this comic are. The storyline is really interesting.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby RK Ryune » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:17 am

wooo, sorry for the revival of a deadish topic, but...

In answer to the update question above:

The OFFICIAL schedule is Mon-Wed-Fri, but I've been crazy-busy with class so it's more like "any of those days that I have time to make a page". So just check every MWF, and HOPEFULLY there'll be an update.
I shall move mountains-

THIS IS HOW WE OVERCOME
RK Ryune

Return to Webmanga/comics