Kardia

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Syreth » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:51 am

Yeah yeah, they do have their problems. :) Once this chapter is done, we should be seeing some more action rather than just arguing.
Syreth

Postby Syreth » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Oh... my... goodness! It took such a long time for me to get page 8 done. Complications with math homework is eating up my schedule. *pokes head out from underneath a gigantic pile of homework* Hopefully more rapid updates are to be expected once I complete my math course this quarter and/or get my schedule under control.
Syreth

Postby meboeck » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:51 pm

Yay! I love everyone's reaction to Eve. It's hilarious!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby c.t.,girl » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Syreth wrote:Well, there's nothing wrong with it except for the fact that Phil Whickam is awesome (hmm... i don't think that counts). Well, I really like him. He's a good songwriter.

you bet your sweet puppies he is!

He played at my school quite a few times and I went to school with his sister and she was nice.

gasp! how cool!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:23 am

Hahaha, I love everyone's faces at the mention of money. You're really great with facial expressions, Sy!
Mave

Postby Sakura15 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:27 am

Lol! I love their expressions as well, great job :thumb: :lol:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Syreth » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 pm

Well, next page is up. There's not much to it, but it has some important plot content. I added some links to the site too. Hum... the jeans didn't turn out like I thought they would. Does anyone have any ideas how to texturize jeans?
Syreth

Postby Syreth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:53 pm

Ok, another page is finally up, along with some minor changes to page 9. Maybe I can pump out another page this week if homework permits.
Syreth

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:52 pm

The new page is looking great ^^ It'll take me a while to remember each character by name though. I'm not too sure what the name of the female character who graces the new page. Jen, perhaps?
Mave

Postby Syreth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:50 pm

You got it right, that's Jen. I know it's not helping that I draw them differently every time... plus it's quite a gang of characters introduced from the get-go. Thank you, by the way!
Syreth

Postby Syreth » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:44 pm

Yay! Another double post! Anyhow, chapter 2 is completed. Now it's time to move on to some funner things.

I have a confession to make. I totally cheated on the last page. I know, I know... I'm a bad artist. It's fairly obvious what I did. XD

Also, I've come to realize that my art has changed pretty drastically from when I did chapter one, so maybe sometime in the near future, I will make a polished-up version of chapter one and the other pages w/o screentones.

Hope you guys enjoy. Thanks so much for reading! I'm open to suggestions or critiques.
Syreth

Postby soul alive » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 am

ahhahaha. 'House.... Keeping.' very funny.

I've heard people quote that before in a high pitched voice, can't remember what they were quoting from.

Looking forward to seeing your new chapter.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm

I prefer commenting on whole chapters, so I'll do so now. I think the art improved significantly in this chapter, and I liked the banter better. Also, I found the planning vaguely reminiscent of Hunter x Hunter (I mean that to be a compliment). I'm curious as to how you'll advance the plot.
uc pseudonym

Postby Syreth » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:50 pm

" wrote:I've heard people quote that before in a high pitched voice, can't remember what they were quoting from.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure where it's from either. I suppose it must be from somewhere though... I almost want to say Tommy boy or Blacksheep?

" wrote:I prefer commenting on whole chapters, so I'll do so now. I think the art improved significantly in this chapter, and I liked the banter better. Also, I found the planning vaguely reminiscent of Hunter x Hunter (I mean that to be a compliment). I'm curious as to how you'll advance the plot.

Thanks, uc. I'll have to check out that Hunter x Hunter that you mentioned. I really need to build my manga library.

The cover and pages 1-3 are up for chapter 3.
Syreth

Postby Gypsy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:00 am

"House keeping! I have come to fluff your pillow!" Actually, I don't know exactly what it's from either, but it was always a big joke on the soccer team. ^^;

The art and layout has improved quite a lot, I'm impressed! Can't wait to read more!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:54 am

lol that was great. :thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 pm

Syreth wrote:I'll have to check out that Hunter x Hunter that you mentioned. I really need to build my manga library.

Basic info: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=1899

Despite the childish-looking main character, it's a very dark and serious manga (with one of the highest death rates I've seen and a fair amount of brutality). It is made by the same person who did Yu Yu Hakusho and is fairly well-known for the amount of strategy involved in battles. What reminded me of it was how the characters plan what they are going to do beforehand, and the planning actually has some content.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:58 am

LOL bishonen mechanics woowoo!

For a split second, I thought Luke was writing while driving. Btw, the end of chapter commentary is excellent. Nice job, Sy!

PS: Have I responded to all your PMs or have I neglected some by accident? It feels like I've forgotten to do one or two. (<.<);
Mave

Postby Syreth » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry the updates has been so sporratic. I've been trying to get a consistent schedule together, but for some reason, I get it done it big chunks. I'll keep my eye out for Hunter x Hunter. It looks pretty cool.

Mave: I haven't gotten your PMs yet, but that's okay. :thumb: I trust that you got everything taken care of okay.
Syreth

Postby Syreth » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:28 pm

Well, pages 4-6 are up for chapter 3. Yeah, these pages have issues.

1. The person on the top left of page four is supposed to be a dude, but everyone says that the person looks like a girl.
2. Don't ask how their boxing machine works... it would never... ever... work in real life. :lol:
3. The tape... yes... it looks like TP... when they cut it, they use insta-fuse to put it back together for the next box... yes... that's what they do... >.> <.<
4. The guy on the right of page 6 screaming to page a mechanic looks like a cyclops.

Hooray!!
Syreth

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:58 am

yaaay! more pages!

oh, and I can tell it's a guy lol. He looks like Sasuke from Naruto.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Gypsy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:30 am

Update! Yay!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Syreth » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:46 pm

Pages 7-9 are up. This update is long in coming due to sickness, schoolwork, troublesome angles and much straightedge work. But enough excuses -- hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace from here.

oh, and I can tell it's a guy lol. He looks like Sasuke from Naruto.

Thanks. It's refreshing to hear that his gender is somewhat distinguishable. XD Yeah, some of my character designs have a heavy influence from Naruto, especially Byron.
Syreth

Postby Mave » Mon May 01, 2006 7:37 pm

Heh, interesting update. I like the design of these new characters. XD

I know how hard it can be to keep the updates going. I'll pray for things from your personal side to get better and move more smoothly. Keep up the good job!
Mave

Postby Sakura15 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks. It's refreshing to hear that his gender is somewhat distinguishable. XD Yeah, some of my character designs have a heavy influence from Naruto, especially Byron.

Lol well..when you see alot of anime/manga..you can tell the guys from the girls :lol: (atleast most of the time..lol) Yeah, I noticed that Byron looked a bit Naruto-ish lol.

Btw...You're also still awesome!!! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby meboeck » Tue May 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Hey, great job with the new page! Good job showing the "dismount" for lack of a better word. The visual asppect just keeps getting better and better.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Mave » Sun May 14, 2006 9:06 am

Not bad, Luke. XD I'm just surprised his cap didn't fall off while doing the flip.
Mave

Postby Syreth » Wed May 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Pages 10-12 are up, even though I'm pretty sure that you guys already have read 10-11. Again, apologies for the sporratic updates and thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words everyone. You guys are great! XD

Oh, yeah, good call about that cap, Mave. My excuse for that one is that he was flipping backward, so his bill wouldn't catch the air. ;) I gotta get thinking about those details.
Syreth

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 18, 2006 1:29 pm

I found page 12 pretty funny. That came out of nowhere, and I must confess I don't know where you're going with it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sakura15 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:08 pm

:lol: that was pretty funny. *wonders what will happen next*
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Previous Next