Skipping Tomorrows webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Just a quick, friendly question - when is the next update coming around? I've been itching to see what happens next.

Just asking. :grin: ;)
bigsleepj

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:11 am

Yes, I have missed this comic. Is everything alright, or have things just gotten crazy on your end?
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:43 am

Yes, the latter, UC. I'm really sorry for not keeping up with my updating schedule. I'm planning on making it up to everyone with a big update soon. Thanks for checking in on me. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby animegirl1 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:19 pm

w-wow ----> tears of joy
i checked on this about a couple of months ago and it was only at the passing out scene and now woot
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Postby Falcon » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:10 pm

This is very cool keep up the great work
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby Gypsy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:20 pm

I, uh, updated. ^^;

Sorry, life got a little out of hand for a while, but I think I'm going to give it another try and get back on schedule. And when I really miss out on updates, instead of a dpd (or sgd day [if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then it's really no loss ^^;]) I'm going to have apology pages, like A#1 "Alone" that's up right now.

So yeah ... that's it.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:26 pm

BTW, unbearable hiatus or not, ST is officially the best webcomic out there. Period. Why? Gypsy art + Gypsy storyline + SANCTUS REAL! = awesomeness above all others.
Ashley

Postby Icarus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:53 pm

:thumb: I must say, Shawn is rather... original.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby shooraijin » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm

Did you expect any less, given the authoress? ^^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:22 am

Original? ^^; That can be both a good and a bad thing. The "..." before "original" makes me wonder. You can be honest, Icarus, I've already written the disclaimer about this chapter.
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:23 am

Glad to see you back. Sorry I can't really spend much time on commentary now.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:04 am

I did a double update today to try to make up for [almost] the entire month of October that I missed - this gave me a new idea.

I'm thinking of trying out a twice a week schedule - Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll try to post two pages on those days if I can, but if I can't, I'll try to get at least four pages up a week by posting on other days.

I'm also going to be working on a wallpaper, and maybe an avatar or two (right after I get the story synopsis and links page done :sweat: ) and I was wondering if anyone had a scene preference or a theme idea. I'm totally open to fan stuff (less work for me!!! ... I mean ... *coughs*) and if you'd like a high res pic of anything so far, just ask. You can also specify with or without backgrounds. Oh, and for the record (I probably already mentioned this) anyone is welcome to use my art or character likenesses for stuff, but I would really appreciate either a link, or some line of text that mentions it's from or based on Skipping Tomorrows. You don't have to credit me directly, but if you could direct people back to the webcomic, I'd appreciate it.

Ok, I think that's it. Feedback, even if it's a few words, would be very much appreciated. I know that no one asked me to do this, but I am trying to be nice and post a free webcomic and all, and I put a lot of hours into Skipping Tomorrows ... getting input from CAAers about schedule changes and stuff would be extremely helpful.
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:16 am

I think two days a week would probably be more manageable, and even if you could only kick out one page during those days, I think having two now and then would be an even better bonus. :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:02 am

I also feel that your proposed schedule would be just as good if not better. As for other comments, I'm afraid I'm not the best at commenting on short parts of a story. Some comments that I might have made I will not because of your disclaimer regarding this chapter.
uc pseudonym

Postby meboeck » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:33 pm

Wow. Somehow I missed this thread. Your webmanga is great! Whatever schedule suits you is probably best.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby starfire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:42 pm

^^ I just read this a few days ago. It's sooooo cute! :lol: I was literally laughing out loud at some of the misunderstandings. The characters play off of each other very well.

BTW, I like the t-shirt in the last panel. It's cool.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?threadid=27354
My thread. Click the magical link and ye shall be transported to a land of threadiness!

You shall still ph3ar the ninja! ^ ~

God bless and keep you all the days of your life.
starfire

Postby Ashley » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:30 pm

Dude! Gyppers stole my belt! (seriously, I'm wearing it right now). Ooo, maybe she modeled it after me so I could be subtley famous? Like Jennifer's birthday? XD
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:01 pm

Ashley, I'm desperately trying to grasp the concept of you being subtly anything. ;)

shooraijin

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:41 am

Ouch, Shoo. That made my heart hurt.
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm

Just kidding. :sweat:

shooraijin

Postby Rogie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:59 pm

Hey, Gypsy, I finally got around to checking this out, and I'm really impressed. This is great stuff, and I'm intrigued by the story. Good character dev, too! :thumb:

And hey, when you do make a wallpaper, could you somehow adapt one to be widescreen? My monitor back home is widescreen (can't remember the resolution), and I would love to have a wallpaper for that monitor with this webmanga. That wouldn't be too much trouble, right? :sweat:

Keep up the good work! :)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby shooraijin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:27 pm

Do you remember the aspect ratio? At least that way it would stretch symmetrically if it has to be.

shooraijin

Postby glitch1501 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:55 pm

some widescreen aspect ratios are 1280x800

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Icarus » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:11 pm

"Original" is better than "interesting," and not quite so shocked as "Who on earth mixes OJ and orange soda?" That would have an odd texture, if you think about it. Pulpy and carbonated.

Anyway, twice a week works for me.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Rogie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:02 pm

shooraijin wrote:Do you remember the aspect ratio? At least that way it would stretch symmetrically if it has to be.

I can't remember right now (still away from my comp). But I think that what glitch said is right. Once I get back to my apartment, I'll check it out.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Gypsy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:36 pm

Yeah, I'll make one, no prob. So it looks like updates are officially going to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays now. Huzzah.
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:25 am

I had been keeping up with this and forgot. I am reading from #30 on now. Good stuff.
Stephen

Postby Gypsy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Ok, I finally got around to making the links page (Talame's banner included) and I opened up the contact link, since I've messed with my email filter settings.
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:25 pm

This is trivial, but I have a question. On page 37, what is the volume to the right of the Final Fantasy Tactics guide? Or is it just something that is intentionally eclipsed by her hand?
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:00 pm

i must say emma = teh hotness
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics