Advocate

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Advocate Voice

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:57 pm

So I finally gave in and made a thread about it XD I've wanted to for a while, but I'm just so shy about things... artwork, especially. Which is kindof wierd because if you knew me offline I'm not shy in the least. Crazy.

Anyways, I'm working on a manga project called Advocate Voice. And I finally got it hosted!! *glomps Inky* I was thinking that I'd post here when I had new scenes up... would anyone like that? It'd be fun to hear from you guys what you think about pages and what could improve. I want to get a lot better ^^ I absolutely love working on this. The link to Advocate is in my signiture. The manga basically follows the life of a criminal named Shiro who's been given a second chance at life by his greatest enemy, and how he deals with learning about his past. It's a Christian manga that I hope God will work through to do great things. I'm extremely excited to work on this and I pray it'll affect people like other Christian mangas have affected me. Aiee, and I'm still scared to death though at the thought of other people reading it! XD *falls over* Pray for me, please? ^_^

Title: Advocate Voice

Minimum age: Ages 10 and up. Really only because of the violence in it and tense situations between characters. Some blood in places too. (Eventually... I might change this rating, depending on how graphic the art turns out and if it takes a different form that the written story. But I don't think it'd even be PG13... there's just a lot of really dramatic scenes that I need to draw first to know how to rate the series. I think giving it a rating of 10+ is good enough.)

Violence: 5. There are a lot of fights in this manga but usually no blood is shown and they really aren't very graphic at all. Most of them are just comical little scuffles anyway since the main characters are pretty short-tempered. There are a couple of battles with some blood though (as in, guy getting stabbed with a sword... dagger fights... ect. ) but only what's necessary to tell the story, not like flying limbs or anything... I'm trying to keep this manga as clean as I can.

Language: 1. I don't cuss, so I won't use bad language in my manga, either.

Sexual Content: 1. There won't be any.

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 1. Do shirtless men count? That's all you'll see as far as nudity if that counts. 0_o

Bad Religion: 1. At a couple different places characters critisize Christians but I don't think this is anything offensive to the reader. (They always get thier just deserts for it anyway XD Ha ha!) AV does have a lot of fantasy themes in it, like different species and dragons and things like that, but I try my best to stay clear of bad religion or even magic. So there's no need to worry there. I'd give it a 0 if I could go that low.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:04 am

I've read it, and so far I like what I see. Keep it up! :thumb: *subscribes to thread*
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby wiggins » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:42 am

Great manga!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby wiggins » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:44 am

Great manga!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:51 am

Yes, it's very well done. Excellent work, Pepper K.!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:05 am

Ooh! You draw really well, Kittie!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby jazz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:39 am

yay! i've read it as well. and i think it's awesome! actually, i think i may have bookmarked the page... YAY!!!! keep up the awesome work!

blessings!
jazz

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:16 am

XD You already know what I think of it! Great job and welcome to CAA webmanga community!
Mave

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:12 pm

You know what I think already too, but I'll say it here for completeness' sake...XD You're doing really well hon...and your work is getting better all the time...:D Keep it up!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:07 pm

I like it! You're doing great :)
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Ashley » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:36 pm

While I haven't had the time to actually sit down and read it, I did poke around for a while and it looks fabulous. Your layout inspired me to re-do LT's layout (sometime :drool: ) So keep at it, fellow CM hostee! XD
Ashley

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:07 pm

You guys are all so nice! Thank you ^_^

Just posting to say that I have two new pages up and I'll have the third up probably Wednesday or around there, making that a complete scene. (they're so short XD I go way too fast for my own good...) Yeeee, and Advocate is part of Cognatio now! I can hardly believe it! I still smile each time I see the button ^____^ Dreams do come true. And I'm gonna work hard to earn it! Just you wait and see!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Britomart » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:09 pm

YAY! I luved reading what you have up there, and i am looking forward to when you will put some more up *smiles happily*

KristalKlears siggy pics ROCK! :rock: Thank you, Kristal!

I'm nobody. Are you nobody too?
Don't tell, they'd banish us you know.
How dreary to be somebody,
How public, like a frog
to tell your name the livelong day
to an admiring bog

Emily Dickinson
Britomart

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:30 pm

Just so you know, I'm watching. ^_~ It's interesting...the page by page approach. I'm used to posting whole manga chapters. Great job, keep it up! XD
Mave

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:53 pm

:grin: I can't believe I didnt spot this thread before today...
Anyway... YAY! I really really love Advocate PK :P *glomps Shiro* Looking forward to more pages, and seeing how the story progresses ;) great job girly!!
Hephzibah

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:35 pm

Sorry to give this thread a massive Bump, but I was just curious when the next update is going to be.
Hephzibah

Postby anime4christ » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:04 pm

Love your manga P.K. You mentioned Cognatio and made me feel guilty. I was helping Ann with it, but I haven't finished although I should have months ago. >_< Anyways, keep up the great work!!!
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:40 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that there has been a 2-page update :grin: YAY!!! :jump:
Hephzibah

Postby Pepper Kittie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:03 pm

You sound almost as bad as me, Anime4Christ! I'm such a slacker that it's not even funny. I hope I didn't make you feel too bad. Let's both do our best, okay? Thank you so much for the nice comment!

You're sweet, Talame ^^ I honestly forgot about this thread. I bought a bunch of drawing books this week so I've been busy studying, but I hope to get a couple of pages done this next week, Lord willing.

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby anime4christ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:26 pm

Pepper Kittie wrote:You sound almost as bad as me, Anime4Christ! I'm such a slacker that it's not even funny. I hope I didn't make you feel too bad. Let's both do our best, okay? Thank you so much for the nice comment!

You're sweet, Talame ^^ I honestly forgot about this thread. I bought a bunch of drawing books this week so I've been busy studying, but I hope to get a couple of pages done this next week, Lord willing.

Almost as bad, that means I'm worse, right? (I'm sure u can't be worse :grin: ) lol Did u get the email I sent u, BTW, bout Jump5 and others like them?
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:29 pm

Pepper Kittie wrote:You're sweet, Talame ^^ I honestly forgot about this thread. I bought a bunch of drawing books this week so I've been busy studying, but I hope to get a couple of pages done this next week, Lord willing.

:grin: No worries matie... though... does this mean I'm your no. 1 fan? If so... I want a Shiro plushie like you promised in the guestbook!!!!!
*insert angry face here*

:P hehehe
Anyway, dont drawing books rock? I borrowed How to Draw Manga volume 1 from the library, and it has helped me out soooo stinking much! When I get a scanner I'll show you guys the difference in my work (before and after shots... gotta love em ;) ).

Anyway, keep up the good work Kittie!! :grin: :jump:
I take it that you like cats too? *glomps pet cat Tilly, who is trying to sleep* I love kitties so much!!!

<.<
>.>
anyway....
Hephzibah

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri May 13, 2005 8:12 pm

LOL! No, I meant that I was worse, Anime4Christ X3 I did get the email that you sent me, thank you! I should look at it again, because when I tried last time the links wouldn't work. But it might've just been my computer. It's a little crazy.

It'll be at least a month before I can post anything of Advocate. I'm sorry. We redid our computer which made the scanner not work. It says that it's missing a driver, but technically it's so old it shouldn't have worked in the first place with Windows XP. So I need to buy a new one when I get money. It's so sad... *tears* It stopped working a while ago and I've been trying to fix it.

Yeah, I love cats! ^___^ Foxes, too, but they don't meow. They're so fun ^^

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Hephzibah » Fri May 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Pepper Kittie wrote:LOL! No, I meant that I was worse, Anime4Christ X3 I did get the email that you sent me, thank you! I should look at it again, because when I tried last time the links wouldn't work. But it might've just been my computer. It's a little crazy.

It'll be at least a month before I can post anything of Advocate. I'm sorry. We redid our computer which made the scanner not work. It says that it's missing a driver, but technically it's so old it shouldn't have worked in the first place with Windows XP. So I need to buy a new one when I get money. It's so sad... *tears* It stopped working a while ago and I've been trying to fix it.

Yeah, I love cats! ^___^ Foxes, too, but they don't meow. They're so fun ^^

SHE LIVES!!!! :grin:
That's alright bout not updating in a bit. I suppose we can wait a little bit longer... but you must make it a big update when it does happen! ;) :hug:
Hephzibah

Postby inkhana » Sat May 14, 2005 12:38 pm

ACK! That's too bad, Kittie...;__; If there's anything I can do to help you out, you let me know, ok? :)

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sat May 14, 2005 2:00 pm

I'll do my best, Talame ^_^ And I know you're there for me, Ink. Thank you so much for all you do! If I ever need anything I'll make sure to ask.

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:57 pm

Chances are that Kittie/Foxie has forgotten about this thread again... So, I shall take it upon myself to tell everyone that there has been an update! XD THe new layout it TOTALLY awesome, and the new page is, as always, beautiful. Check it out everyone http://advocate.christianmanga.com/
Hephzibah

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:13 pm

Ahhhhh! I love the new layout! :D :D :D Beautiful, Foxie! And the pages are great as usual...^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:17 pm

Blimey, that rocks my socks! XDDD Beautiful job, Foxie!
Mave

Postby Starfire1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:48 am

I've read it and I'm really enjoying it. Great work *applause*
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby Pepper Kittie » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Aieee! Talameeee! *tackleglomp* *blushes* Hee hee, yeah, I don't forget things. I just... feel odd promoting my own stuff. If people chose to find it, then that's cool ^^; Advocate still makes me really shy even after all this time XD But thank you guys so very much. It was really fun to make. I'm glad people like it ^_^

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Next

Return to Webmanga/comics