Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Gypsy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:46 pm

*panics!!* Here, want mine?!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:49 pm

LOL! I think it will be ok. It's like...where the wire connects to the tablet itself, it's gotten loose, and you have to hold it just so as you work or it loses power...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:09 am

Um ... just for the sake of not letting this thread go into archives (ever ;) ) I wanted to express my anticipation for the next chapter. This isn't a 'hurry up I can't wait!!" post, just a "I'll be very happy when I see Ink's new chapter announcement" post. :)
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby JediSonic » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:18 am

Same here... but every time I see this thread get bumped I'm like "NEW CHAPTER!!!" oh, its just a bump : /
JediSonic

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:34 am

Well, that's ok, Jedi - we can just be Steelblood cheerleaders in the meantime. ;)
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:16 pm

How do ya feel about wearing a cheerleader outfit, Jedi? XD

Nah, I try to keep my sig updated (albeit not -always- consistently) with what my status is. Would you believe my mom asked me this morning how much longer til the next chapter? :shady:

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:30 pm

I've always told you that your mom is cool. :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 04, 2004 2:12 pm

*walks into thread and coughs*

Oops ... did I just bump the thread? I did, didn't I? Totally unintentional, I assure you. ;) While I'm here, how about we have a small Steelblood questions and answers session. Forgive me if these have already been asked and answered and I just wasn't paying attention. :p

We know about the character sketches origins from your site, but which came first, the story or the characters? More importantly: is Sydonia going to get more screen time in the upcoming chapter? *hands on hips*
Gypsy

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue May 04, 2004 4:26 pm

Yay! The thread's been updated! :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun May 09, 2004 12:04 pm

Your Steelblood manga is really cool. I love the catlike animal (forget her name! Eep!). She's fuzzy. ^^x
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun May 09, 2004 7:12 pm

You mean Kyla? (I work with someone named Kyla, by the way. ^_^ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Gypsy » Sun May 09, 2004 8:09 pm

Yeah, she's turning out to be quite the interesting character. So Ink, you gonna answer my question or what?
Gypsy

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun May 09, 2004 8:44 pm

Thanks Gypsy for getting my hopes up. I really thought there might be something new this time, but alas...

In response to Ink's question for me from two months ago: Yes, the chapter is better and more visible now, but I guess it was my contrast was too low, NOT the brightness like I originally thought.

A question along the same lines as Gypsy's: Who was the first character that came to you?
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby inkhana » Sun May 09, 2004 9:14 pm

Question? What question? *rewinds thread*

Incidentally, I hate it when the board doesn't give me ALL THE SEARCH RESULTS!

Well, ok, Q and A it is! :D

We know about the character sketches origins from your site, but which came first, the story or the characters?

The characters. The story was based around Rivalen himself. I go into more detail about this on the site. I probably remembered more about what happened when I wrote that...XD Actually, it's not at all unusual for me to start with a set group of characters and form a story around them.

More importantly: is Sydonia going to get more screen time in the upcoming chapter? *hands on hips*

Yes. But I think you'll appreciate her role in chapter seven more than chapter six. (hehe)

Your Steelblood manga is really cool. I love the catlike animal (forget her name! Eep!). She's fuzzy. ^^x

Thanks! XD I like Kyla too. She gets some of the best wildtakes (or whatever you call those...:P)

You mean Kyla? (I work with someone named Kyla, by the way. ^_^ )

Really? Cool! (I hope she doesn't bite though...;) )

A question along the same lines as Gypsy's: Who was the first character that came to you?

Rivalen. The character creation order, as best I remember, was something like this:

Rivalen - Iriel - Cael - Sydonia - Kyla

Liselie's character technically predates all of these, (I think) but that's a strange case since she was based on a previously existing character of mine and didn't have anything to do with the story until later.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Heart of Sword » Mon May 10, 2004 5:13 pm

yeah Kyla's really cool...soooo cute! I love the part when she glomps Rivalen while he's in the water. *laughs*

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

Heart of Sword

Postby Keckhs » Tue May 18, 2004 9:30 pm

Inkhana, I would like to thank you for creating Steelblood. It is my favorite manga! I could only hope to have a story as beautifuly drawn and creativly developed as that. Keep up the good work!
Keckhs

Location: Nowhere. I don't exist. Waitaminute, then how am I writing this?O_o

Postby inkhana » Wed May 19, 2004 9:30 am

Thank you Keckhs...^^ Now I just need to get off my lazy behind and...er, sit back down on it so I can finish this chapter...<.< LOL Although admittedly other projects have kinda drawn me away from it for the moment, not to mention the possibility of a new job, so...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Heart of Sword » Sat May 22, 2004 6:59 am

Yes, Steelblood is very good. ^^x One of my favorites too. It's fun to go online and read it. ^^x

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby starstoryteller » Sat May 22, 2004 1:08 pm

Inky.........YOU ARE A FRECKING GOOOOOOOOD ARTIST
I love your stuff
:comp: "Foul Beast"

Jesus is the Lord of the Kings

I love hypper people :hug:

"...art can teach without at all ceasing to be art."

"Love may forgive all infirmities and love still in spite of them: but Love cannot cease to will their removal."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

the words of C.S. Lewis "Jack"
starstoryteller

Postby inkhana » Mon May 24, 2004 11:02 pm

Made you look! Bahahahahaha!

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Aka-chan » Mon May 24, 2004 11:03 pm

NOOOOOOOO!! You got me! That was mean! *pouty lip* XD
Aka-chan

Postby inkhana » Mon May 24, 2004 11:03 pm

Ok, that was evil. I sorry...<.< hehe

Update time! (Yeah, I'm lazy, more c&p) :P

Topica SB newsletter wrote:I wanted to announce that christianmanga.com is now partners with Cyberlight Comics, which you can reach at the following URL.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/wildlight/

Now, on to the update!

http://steelblood.christianmanga.com/manga/manga.php

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Aka-chan » Mon May 24, 2004 11:13 pm

Aw...sweet reunion, and now...more trouble! (It just happens to these guys, huh? XD) I won't say too much, though, as not many people have read it yet. Still great (as usual)! :thumb:
Aka-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 25, 2004 5:28 am

Ah, so there was indeed an update after all. In decent taste, under those circumstances.

Cloak of Jesus? I must say that I had not expected that development, nor even that direction...
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Tue May 25, 2004 7:52 am

I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing...*laughs*

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue May 25, 2004 7:59 am

That's odd; I'm signed up for your newsletter and usually I get it when you send it out, but this time I didn't. *ponders* Well, in any case, there's always this thread to tell me about updates. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby inkhana » Tue May 25, 2004 8:14 am

I forgot to mention this...>.< Topica was giving me problems last night so I had to copy and paste the letter into a file. I should go try resending it in a bit...I think it was having a fit because I tried to change my account email. Guess I should have sent the newsletter before I tampered with my account settings...LOL

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 25, 2004 12:45 pm

GRAAAAHH! How dare you leave us hanging like that...:P

Good update :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mave » Tue May 25, 2004 7:05 pm

Inky!!! :jump: ooohhh update! *mutters about her slow pathetic progress with KCome*

Allow me, some comments:
1) I love that Rivalen's resting pose in Page 1. :D
2) There are some panels that utilize the same screentones consecutively after one another. While it works for certain manga scenes, I suggest using different screentones or background in between panels (you know, alternate them). I was mostly referring to Page 3, middle panels.
3) The reunion was sweet. @^_^@ Awwww....*looks for someone to glomp*
4) The Jesus cloak was....shocking, to say the least. Sheesh, I can't believe how ppl would create such stories and become obsessed about the cloak...(and not the person who wore it instead siigghhh.) Don't take my comments negatively, I'll just like to see what happens next. ^^
5) wow, Rivalen and Iriel's mum was very pretty.
6) Nice climatic end of the chapter. XD

I know it's tough kicking out these chapters so great job, Inky! *pats her back for all her hard work*
Mave

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue May 25, 2004 7:46 pm

(Got the e-mail shortly after I posted in here this morning. ^_^ )

Like everyone else said, looking good as always. And a very appropriate cliffhanger for just before the last chapter. :thumb:
TheMelodyMaker

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics