Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:15 pm

:shady: Oh it is not. :P It's just Ayla from Chrono Trigger, who is FULLY dressed... That's her scarf/fur dealie you're seeing. I forget what it is she's doing, though; it's part of a dual tech of some kind...I want to say Twister but I think she does that when she's the -victim- of Twister...O.o *watches as half her brain dies from overthinking*

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby MasterDias » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:22 pm

I wouldn't really consider Ayla to be fully dressed as all she wears is an animal-skin bikini.
:sweat:
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:27 pm

Well, you know what I mean...:shady:

Now it's like: Image (No, I do not feel -like- Magus, nor do I claim to be him, or own him, or anything else...;) )

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:50 pm

> I wouldn't really consider Ayla to be fully dressed as all she wears is an animal-skin bikini.

It has been my considered opinion you're never fully dressed without a smile.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:02 pm

Ayla smiles frequently. And it NOT indecent! Crono trigger rocks, and that's a great sprite! *thinks* Isn't that part of the dual tech with Robo? The laser spinner one...?

UG. Can't remember... *sigh*
Mithrandir

Postby madphilb » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:39 pm

Ink, finally got to read chapter 2 and 3, great job there!

I mentioned a problem with the images not wanting to fully load before, thought it was a problem with Opera, I just installed Firebird and I'm getting the same thing, must be something in my dial-up setup or something, I'll have to look around about it.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to Chap 4

PHIL
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:14 pm

Cool, thanks! ^^ I don't get that about that image loading business though...I haven't had any other probs with it but I hope you get it worked out...:)

OldPhil, I believe you're right, it was something like that (the dual tech, I mean) I need my master list of techs...grah, can never remember them all...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Icarus » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:50 pm

Go Kayla!! (and Ink!!) Also, my response to pg. 5 (the first time he was standing on a clifff or such :grin: ) :cool: But with a more feral smile.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:03 pm

Heh. Nice Magus sprite. While we're off topic, I never really bothered to use Dual/Triple techs (other than to see the animations). I could always do more damage with everyone attacking seperately (Luminaire/Dark Matter/Something else).

To respond to the last thing relating to me: Actually, yes, I would say having only one fight isn't as climactic as it could be (this is to amend my previous statement: it can be climactic if done properly, but I'd say it could be better). For one, there's nothing to compare the fight to. Both characters kind of just fight.

Then again, I'm biased, as I will not get bored of fight scenes no matter how long they go (assuming they stay original and aren't stretched. For that matter, I'm being intentionally absolute).

Seriously, though, I'd be disappointed if there was only one. For that matter, having a single final fight is also quite predictable.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:19 pm

Then you...would be disappointed when I tell you that Iriel trips Cael and he falls off a cliff as the ending? :sweat:

Seriously though, since this is the first issue, I'm not going heavy on the aggression, esp since it has very little explanation at this point. It will later though...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:24 pm

I wasn't expecting a fight for quite some time, considering we're still just barely getting to know the characters. Let me clarify: I'm in no hurry to get to the fights, but, in a series-wide sense, I expect there to be several. And they had better be good (take as long as you need; quality over quantity).
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:31 pm

Hey Inky, since you've gotten request for fighting scenes....will you need "action" pics for reference in the future? I'm probably gonna work on the romance pics I promised you while catching up with my manga. ^^
Mave

Postby inkhana » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:45 pm

MichiruT: If you have something stellar on hand, that would be great...^^ Although I'm a MUCH better action artist than I am romance...LOL (Although that doesn't really say much either way, bwa ha ha) Still, I firmly believe that you can never have too many reference pics.

UC: Series wide, huh? No prob. :thumb: In fact...I got to thinking today that I needed to..um...maybe expand on some of the scenes (so what else is new, :P )... Such an inspiration you are...;)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby MasterDias » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:54 pm

I'm enjoying reading it.

I'm curious. Are there any other key characters that haven't been introduced yet?

Of course, for the sake of the plot, you probably won't say...
:sweat:
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby inkhana » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:38 pm

Since it's of no importance to the manga issue in question, yes. There is one character so far that has not yet been introduced, but it's a bit of a waste to wait for him; he won't show up for a while...:sweat:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:34 pm

This keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for the explanation for the symbiotes. Aren't the Kailasans still "human" or are they something different?

I agree with UC. However, as long as you don't make a DragonBall Z fight scene and stretch it for four issues, then you're alright with me.

Patiently waiting for Ch. 4...

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby inkhana » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:14 pm

>Thanks for the explanation for the symbiotes. Aren't the Kailasans still "human" or are they something different?

I suppose technically they are still human (we know at least Rivalen is/was; the general impression is that most of the Kailasa are in fact born that way and blood transfusion is extremely rare). However, even I have a tendency to think of them as a separate race.

>I agree with UC. However, as long as you don't make >a DragonBall Z fight scene and stretch it for four >issues, then you're alright with me.

LOL, I'd get so bored with that...

For the most part, I am more involved in the first two issues with getting the story properly set up (apparently, according to my estimates, this will start to iron itself out around issue 3, as I am currently working on the script for 2, as premature as that sounds). A lot of it is, I want people to properly understand the universe and I want to make it "rich" enough to be likeable, and while I do appreciate a good fight, to me, that is secondary to making the story/world interesting. (I guess whether or not I achieve that is strictly a matter of opinion) LOL

Oh, one more thing I just wanted everyone to know: chances are I will not be able to get ch 4 up before Christmas or even the end of the year. I have at least two other projects (though fairly minor by comparison) that must be completed by that deadline lest my mom hit me with a stick...:sweat:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:25 am

yay! only 4 (or 5) pages to go till the next chapter!
Mr. Rogers

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:55 am

I can't wait! :]
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Knives » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:41 am

Great manga!
Knives

Postby inkhana » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:49 am

He he, since someone went ahead and bumped this thread, I'll give you guys an update. (No, I haven't finished the next chapter yet! :P)

There have been some changes in the game plan which to me have amounted to a massive increase in the amount of work associated both with this chapter and the site. As far as the chapter is concerned, the reason is fairly obvious: I'm adding new pages and destroying portions of script in favor of taking the plot in a slightly different direction. Also, I've made some decisions about the future, the plots of which I need to "seed" in the "past"...ie, this issue and the next. So in the interest of things being tied up more tightly and being overall much better, it's taking a little longer.

Thank you for the comment Knives (and anyone else I didn't properly thank)...^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:06 pm

And here I was all excited because I thought she was posting about an update ...:shady:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Retten » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:26 pm

Gypsy wrote:
And here I was all excited because I thought she was posting about an update ...:shady:

Yeah me to :forehead: anyway your maga rocks! Ink

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby inkhana » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:32 pm

*crowd settles down as Inkhana approaches the podium for a press conference*

Reporter: Is it true that you've posted an update to your manga today?
Ink: No.
Reporter: Have you made any groundbreaking changes to your beloved website?
Ink: No.
Reporter: Then just why did you call us here?!
Ink: I dunno. I woke up and you guys were standing on my doorstep. :shady:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Retten » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:51 pm

:lol: :lol: dont you hate when that happens ;)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Locke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:25 pm

now weres that link? o yea...

no update? ????????
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:44 pm

Reporters do that to you too, Ink? *phew* And here I was thinking it only happened to me. ;)
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:59 pm

if reporters come to my door i will destroy them!
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:16 pm

Shinja wrote:if reporters come to my door i will destroy them!

Okee, back in the room with the padded walls and floor you go. Guess what, Ink? Your thread is now the latest victim of a random silly spam attack. :evil:
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:17 pm

:lol: The Shinjinator! LOL

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics