Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:15 pm

Lochaber Axe wrote:Have I ever said that I love Steelblood? Well, I do...

There is one itsy bitsy problem (at least to me). It is on, I believe, 4-18 in which Cael is lunging at him. Besides a matrixy feel, if he actually lunged like that he would have easlily overbalanced and fall flat on his face. The sword is too heavy for lunging. Sorry, I wouldn't change it but keep weapon weight in mind in battles.

Hee hee....that sounds just like you, Lochaber Axe.

I love Steelblood! Get up Chapter 5 please!
In a world shrouded in mystery, the winds of change begin to blow.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:19 pm

*refs the page* Uhhh...well...^^;; actually Rivalen was supposed to have backed up (under the initial blow in panel....3 I think), which is what caused Cael to fall through on panel 1 of 4-19 (and gave Rivalen the advantage to run around behind). Which I...really didn't show that well. Oh well, next time I guess. :P

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:20 pm

Taslin_Jewel wrote:Hee hee....that sounds just like you, Lochaber Axe.

As wise men say, "I yam what I yam". ;)
Lochaber Axe

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:22 pm

"...I gotta stop being surprised when God catches me when I fall..." - Steelblood, Ch. 4, page 23

My favorite line in the whole chapter. That is a very profound point! I found myself thinking about that over and over again; how the Lord will never leave or forsake us (Heb. 13:5) and the verse in Jude 24-25: Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling...

The ministry of your work is flowing, Inkhy. And when did you say Ch. 5 was coming?

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby inkhana » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:47 pm

That's one of my favorite lines from that chapter (it's the theme of my new SB site layout, too...which I'll get finished someday...:P ). I also like the line in chapter two: "Why would anyone want to give their life for me?" or something to that effect. Just for the record, I'm not clever enough to write those on my own...XD

Chapter five...considering that I'm having some trouble with an aspect of it (and have laid the project aside just a bit to think about it) it may be a while. Ch5 in and of itself isn't that long, but it might be quite a bit longer if I make some of the changes I'm considering. Yes, no chapter shall go unedited...

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:59 pm

Just curious...how far are you into Chapter 5?

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby inkhana » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:14 pm

<.< >.> You sure you want to know...? -_-;; LOL

Actually, I am finally getting to it...I had to do some alterations to fix a continuity problem I found. Part of it requires redrawing Cael to remove his armor and put him in plain-clothes...O.o Aaanyway, I just started inking page 1 last night...the good news is, this chapter isn't near as long as the last...I think...O.o

Anyway, sorry about all of this...^^;;

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:16 pm

That's okay. ^_^ I'm just excited about more Steelblood, that's all.

Taslin_Jewel

Postby inkhana » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:21 pm

:thumb: Cool! I'm glad...;) BTW, cute avatar...^^ Fire Emblem rocks...hehe

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Saint Kevin » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:16 pm

"...I gotta stop being surprised when God catches me when I fall..." - Steelblood, Ch. 4, page 23

My favorite line in the whole manga. Just read the whole thing like a week ago. I can't believe you had a manga all this time and I didn't notice. :hits_self

Your stuff is great, both artistically, and plotwise too. Can't wait for more. Maybe I'll even do some fanart way WAY down the line. You know, right about the time chapter 5 comes out. ;) Just kidding.

On a more serious note...do you have any other projects you're working on? Where can I see them? About to join the Inkhana fan club, hehe. Can't wait for more, keep it up!
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby inkhana » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:54 pm

Thank you...^^ Wait a sec...I have a fan club? O.o

Other projects? Hmm, I don't really have any at the moment...I come up with ideas here and there but I don't really have anything running right now except for stuff related to SB. And I do the occasional fanart...;) I used to have a problem with coming up with ideas that of course always conflicted with what I was doing, but right now..I think I'm gonna be committed to SB for a while, so I'd better not start anything else...XD

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Saint Kevin » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:54 pm

Good for you keeping focused...I can't ever seem to do that.
Wait? What was I posting just now?
Oh, yeah, um, keep working on the manga, but, NO pressure k, just work on it when you have the time. Don't worry about perfection either, I'm sure it'll be great. Plus, you can always go back and change it later. :grin:
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:35 am

Well, if you do have a fan club, I'm joining!

Taslin_Jewel

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:34 pm

Well, if you do have a fan club, I'm joining!

Awww....*hugs everyone who thinks she ought to have a fan club* A person could get a big head listening to you talk like that...;)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:35 pm

Hey, Inky, hug me too!! ^^ I'm your fan as well!!!
Mave

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:48 pm

ROFL! Well, you need a fan club as well, Mave! There. Now you'll have hordes of screaming fangirls running up and stealing your bishies at a moment's notice. XD

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby water-bearer » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:20 pm

I also really like Steelblood. I mean the main character's name is Steelblood for pete's sakes. That's just awesome, and can't forget.. KITTY!!! hehe... ok anyway. But the art and storyline are both very well done. Keep it up! :thumb:

inkhana wrote:ROFL! Well, you need a fan club as well, Mave! There. Now you'll have hordes of screaming fangirls running up and stealing your bishies at a moment's notice. XD

oo oo! Can I have hordes of fangirls running up to steal ME at a moments notice?? J/K hehe... well i'm done for now..
[come to where the waters meet the shore]
water-bearer

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:56 am

Update time! w00t! I'm feeling so good, I'll just be lazy and post my newsletter here! Bwa ha ha to all of you!

Inkhana's SB newsletter wrote:Well, there's been a slight change of plans (anyone who knows me will
not at all be surprised by this) but I've gone ahead and altered the end
of chapter four in such a way that it will be better (I hope). In this
addition, we find a new character - the commander of Cael's army and his
personal advisor, Liselie. It's not much of an update, I apologize. I
have some more work to do in chapter five before I can get it rolling
though.

http://steelblood.christianmanga.com/manga/manga.php?chapter=4&page=24&commentary=off

I started it a page in reverse so it's easier to remember where the last update left off.

I did get a lot of other things done in terms of small updates for the
site, however. The most significant of these (for me) was having
upgraded the manga interface to PHP instead of HTML...very kindly coded
for me by a friend...:) He's made this code freeware, so if anyone else
can modify a little PHP, this makes life tons easier in web-publishing a
manga, trust me...]http://www.flactem.com/mangaview/[/url]

//The wallpaper gallery has been updated with either two or three new
wallpapers by AvatharTri...(I can't remember whether or not I mentioned
one of them in the last update. Oh well...LOL)<---braindead)

http://steelblood.christianmanga.com/wallpapers/index.html

//The fanworks gallery has been updated with some great new stuff by
Calbhach and Aka-Chan! Avatars by AvatharTri have also been added here.
Hmm, I'll make a new section for those someday...

http://steelblood.christianmanga.com/fanworks/index.html

//Added a new link to the Cognatio + Other Manga links section - "I
Dream of Celestial Manga - The Lovely Manga site"

//Added Liselie to the SB Origins page.

Well, I -think- that's all I got done this time...hope you like the
update! If you find any stupid mistakes (entirely likely) please let me
know...:P

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby The Grammarian » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:05 pm

inkhana wrote:ROFL! Well, you need a fan club as well, Mave! There. Now you'll have hordes of screaming fangirls running up and stealing your bishies at a moment's notice. XD

*Runs screaming up to Mave and attempts to steal her bishies* Oh, wait. You said fangirls. Oops. :sweat:
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby wiggins » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:23 pm

Wow Chapter 4 is much cooler now! :)
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:23 pm

Hey, if Inky gets a fan club... can I be the enforcer? *grabs a backpack full of explosives*

Nice update, btw... I don't know why, but I like Lis...
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:33 pm

You bet, Duckie-san...;) Just don't blow up Ashley by accident, it makes her irritable...XD

Actually, I kinda like Liselie too...no idea why either, though...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:10 pm

I took your quiz and apparently I'm most like Iriel... :blush:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Good update, Ink.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby The Grammarian » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:56 pm

TheMelodyMaker wrote:I took your quiz and apparently I'm most like Iriel... :blush:

Me too. I'm not sure how to take it that I'm more like a female character than any of the male ones, though. :sweat:

The Grammarian

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:04 pm

LOL! It just means that you guys are very nice people and wouldn't bonk someone with a mallet...;) I was Sydonia.

Someday I'm going to go back and refine the test, with more questions and character possibilities...:) I also want to make some cool images to go with it instead of the sappy reused avatars...but you didn't hear me say that...:P

EDIT: You know...it might make a cool new thread to have people put up their suggestions for questions for the test...I might do that.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:33 pm

I got Rivale~n! I like him best, so I'm happy. ^__^ *glomps Riv-kun* Attack of the screaming bish-stealing fangirls is right!
Aka-chan

Postby Mave » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:35 pm

The Grammarian wrote:*Runs screaming up to Mave and attempts to steal her bishies* Oh, wait. You said fangirls. Oops. :sweat:

Good griefy! Grammarian...I'm afraid I have to draw the line in your case. tsk tsk tsk...you *guys* :P

Anyway, Inky...the introduction of that new character (what's her name again) is most welcomed. ^^ I almost felt sympathetic for Cael when he said, "How come you're always there for me?" *gasp*

I love your screentoning and panels. Way cleaner than mine. Great job! :rock:
Mave

Postby The Grammarian » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:39 pm

inkhana wrote:LOL! It just means that you guys are very nice people and wouldn't bonk someone with a mallet...

That's what you think! :hits_self Oh, you meant someone else? I'm not above that either. I'd probably use sharp objects though--like Black Mage's "knife of stabbity death" (8-Bit Theater).

The Grammarian

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:47 pm

Yeah, Cael seems a little less despicable -- an interesting bit of character development. -_- I still don't like him very much, though.
Aka-chan

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics