[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
May 27, 2004 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

May 27, 2004

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 27, 2004

Postby shooraijin » Thu May 27, 2004 9:58 am

In Rev. Doc's absence, I will be posting his devotionals (written before he left for his trip) for him from 17-28 May. -- S.

Anger

Proverbs 29:22 "An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins."

Anger is not a sin. Jesus himself became angry at the money changers who were in the temple courts. It is what we do with the anger that can lead us down a path of sin and cause wounds which will leave scars in the lives of others.

There was a little boy with a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence.

The first day, the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally, the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence, saying, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out, but it won't matter how many times you say 'I'm sorry' -- the wound is still there.

"A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one."

Prayer: Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to think before you speak, especially as you deal with anger.

"Getting angry can sometimes be like leaping into a wonderfully responsive sports car, gunning the motor, taking off at high speed and then discovering the brakes are out of order." ~Maggie Scarg
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Inferno » Thu May 27, 2004 3:41 pm

Wow that's a great story. I've been having trouble controling my anger so this devotional was great on my part. Thanks Shooraijin for posting the devotional, and thanks Rev. doc for writing it.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu May 27, 2004 5:37 pm

That was a very good one. I know a little quote to sort of go with that that I try to keep in mind, if anyone is interested.

"Sticks and stones may break bones, but words can shatter the soul."

I forget where I heard that, but it helps me keep my angry words in check.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Return to Devotional Readings