May 6, 2004

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 6, 2004

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed May 05, 2004 8:50 pm

Prayer

John 16:24
"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

There are so many needs around us and many are the times we feel unable to meet those needs. However, God is able. He listens for the prayer of His child. A voice lifted up in faith, believing that the Father in His love will answer. I can think of nothing in this world that helps us recognize God's miraculous power more than answered prayer.

Dr. Helen Roseveare, missionary to Zaire, told the following story. "A mother at our mission station died after giving birth to a premature baby. We tried to improvise an incubator to keep the infant alive, but the only hot water bottle we had was beyond repair. So we asked the children to pray for the baby and for her sister. One of the girls responded. 'Dear God, please send a hot water bottle today. Tomorrow will be too late because by then the baby will be dead. And dear Lord, send a doll for the sister so she won't feel so lonely.' That afternoon a large package arrived from England. The children watched eagerly as we opened it. Much to their surprise, under some clothing was a hot water bottle! Immediately the girl who had prayed so earnestly started to dig deeper, exclaiming, 'If God sent that, I'm sure He also sent a doll!' And she was right! The heavenly Father knew in advance of that child's sincere requests, and 5 months earlier He had led a ladies' group to include both of those specific articles."

Prayer: Ask God to make you a child who prays in faith.

"More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of." ~Alfred Lord Tennyson
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Master Kenzo » Thu May 06, 2004 4:35 am

Ahww...that's such a nice story. And yes, prayer is amazing when it's answered...and, ironically enough, I'm going to an early-morning prayer meeting at my school...*looks at watch* right now! *runs out*
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby wiggins » Thu May 06, 2004 7:27 am

That's awesome! It is really reassuring and uplifting to be reminded of God's Faithfulness and that God hears all our prayer and will answer them in His time.
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Inferno » Thu May 06, 2004 10:07 am

It's aways good to hear stories of how God listens to our prayers, Thanks for another great devotional, Rev. Doc.

God Bless you.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Return to Devotional Readings