May 3, 2004

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 3, 2004

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon May 03, 2004 3:51 am

Calling

Matthew 4:19
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

We struggle at times seeking God's will and direction for our lives. And yet there is the possibility that what He wants us to do is right under our noses.

In the eleventh century, King Henry III of Bavaria grew tired of court life and the pressures of being a monarch. He made application to Prior Richard at a local monastery, asking to be accepted as a contemplative and spend the rest of his life in the monastery. "Your Majesty," said Prior Richard, "do you understand that the pledge here is one of obedience? That will be hard because you have been a king."
"I understand," said Henry. "The rest of my life I will be obedient to you, as Christ leads you."
"Then I will tell you what to do," said Prior Richard. "Go back to your throne and serve faithfully in the place where God has put you." When King Henry died, a statement was written: "The King learned to rule by being obedient."

It helps to remember God has planted us in a certain place and told us to be an obedient accountant or teacher or mother or father. Christ expects us to be faithful where he puts us. He calls for us to be available and faithful to the task he has placed before us.

Prayer: Ask God to open your eyes to His calling for you and the strength and faithfulness to carry it through.

"The first duty of every soul is to find not its freedom but its Master". ~Peter T. Forsythe
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon May 03, 2004 5:14 am

Keep it up, Doc. Another great devotional. And that story was pretty cool as well.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Inferno » Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 am

Very nice, Doc, great devotional. You do a great job with the daily dovotionals. Ya and like Master kenzo said pretty cool story!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Return to Devotional Readings