Study Group

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 am

this really isn't who should start off or who shouldn't ...it just is. If you would like to go into who Luke was then go ahead. Knowing about the author is always interesting. Personally i jump around when i study rather than read it concurrently but that's just me. Post however you like *smile

I think the four gospels in general are very interesting. Ya know I think about it and John was the only one who was an apostle that wrote the gospel (i believe the others had died already). I think that's good cuz then people can't say "Oh well God never had someone who actually KNEW Jesus so then it must be not true and legend".

Anyways, Luke when reading it seems to be a little more strategic. Rocklobster will maybe give some more insight to who the author was but he was a doctor (that much I know lol) and it really shows in his writing style. Although I think Luke had passion I think that he wrote a little cut and dry. The fact that a "man of science" (since most doctors back then were constantly trying to find new cures as they are now) believed in Jesus is interesting - makes it hard for people to say religion and science don't mix even on that point.

Anyways post whatever you guys like, if you have some info about the author that might be interesting to research as its not in the Bible. Can maybe increase your own knowledge.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Okay, the Luke Gospel study group can be found here
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:23 am

For those who do not want to study Luke at this time, or have other questions and discussions they wish to pursue then you guys can just post here ^_^
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Ratrace » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:43 pm

rocklobster wrote:Ever notice how so many words have more than one meaning? Something to think about, people!

I was once told every Hebrew word except one has at least two meanings. Does anyone happen to know what word that is? I've forgotten.

Kunoichi wrote:The fact that a "man of science" (since most doctors back then were constantly trying to find new cures as they are now) believed in Jesus is interesting - makes it hard for people to say religion and science don't mix even on that point.

Proverbs 24:3-4
By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures.

Knowledge and understanding. The two things you get out of science.

On confessing there's Proverbs 28:13 - He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter:
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

This question is kind of personal, but what matters do you want to search out?
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Ratrace

Previous

Return to Devotional Readings