Bible Reading Group

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Postby animewarrior » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 pm

*looks at thread* *faints* *Phoenix Down* ahhhahaha it's my fault... I've been finishing up school and with tests and final projects I haven't updated....OH NOES! Xl ... 'neways yes this thread is still alive...barely...

due to crazy bussiness I just haven't got around to updating...>,< I don't want to put up a date to finish John 4 up yet because I don't know if even I'll get around to it.....achhh I have TWO finals on MONDAY....yikes... eep... and Amzi is crazy busy with math studies...

so yeah the thread is alive but dates for John chapter 4 won't be set til Tuesday... after that things should resume to normality... wait... normal never happens in real life... ahh w/e you guys know what I mean....
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:56 pm

lol

ok so what i'll do is i'll read through chapter 3 of John post what I think and anyone can see me on AIM and then i'll just keep an eye out for John 4's date
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby animewarrior » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Kunoichi (post: 1237666) wrote:lol

ok so what i'll do is i'll read through chapter 3 of John post what I think and anyone can see me on AIM and then i'll just keep an eye out for John 4's date

sounds like a plan. :thumb:

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby MBlight » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 am

yay! BRG has not died as suspected!!!
<jumps up and down like silly puppet>
I'm so glad, will be checking back on tuesday! thx Animewarrior
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Prince Asbel » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:39 pm

I'm not going to be able to continue with this bible reading group, unfortunately. I have several large things to do for too many months, and that will take up too much of my time. So if you don't see me posting or anything, it's because I'm doing other stuff.
Prince Asbel

Postby MBlight » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:28 am

Prince Asbel (post: 1237868) wrote:I'm not going to be able to continue with this bible reading group, unfortunately. I have several large things to do for too many months, and that will take up too much of my time. So if you don't see me posting or anything, it's because I'm doing other stuff.

Aaw Prince! We gonna miss you!:(
I am a Rat Activist!

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Prince Asbel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:51 am

MBlight (post: 1238052) wrote:Aaw Prince! We gonna miss you!:(

That's nice to know. Smiles* I'll still be on the forum, of course.
Prince Asbel

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:17 am

aww PRince *hugs

alright so i'll post what my thoughts were

John Chapter 1

The first impression I got was really about the author and who he was. Clearly an ornate writer, John, really beautifully describes who Jesus was and is. And he kept using a single description in the beginning calling Jesus "The Word". I found this striking as because it isn't A word but THE WORD.

The second impression was you started to see the personalities of the disciples. Phillip mocking Nazareth (showing his judgemental character) without even knowing the Christ. Simon who would be called Cephas (peter) meaning the Rock. This would already show that Christ knew his stubborness and how he would show to be a hot head from time to tome (think of Gesthemane when he sliced off the soldier's ear).

Chapter 2

I found thie miracle of the wine interesting for more than one reason. But one was the relationship change you see with Jesus' mother, Mary. He says to her "Dear Woman" or woman, "it is not yet my time." He knew that this miracle would eventually get around and start the process of his ministry. Knowing this, he still showed compassion and a type of obedience to his earthly parent by fulfilling this request. I say compassion because in a wedding ceremony it would have been a great embarrassment for the bridegroom to run out of wine.

Another interesting point: How come painters don't show a painting of Jesus smiling like he would have been in this wedding? Just a thought..

Two other points that were interesting:

1. In the temple, alot of people misinterpert Jesus' passion as rage. He was merely getting the cheaters and swinders out of the temple because they had turned the Temple of God into a marketplace and a way to get rich. Just goes to show ya what Jesus thinks of swindlers

2. It mentions that many people began to trust Jesus however, Jesus DIDN"T trust them. Because he knew the nature of mankind.

I like this verse because people always try to argue that man is inheritently good...NOT!

Chapter 3

A couple things I get from this chapter:

1. Nicodemus and Jesus' exchange. SUch a highly respected leader as Nicodemus should know what the scriptures teach...however it just shows you how little the religious leaders of that time truly read and followed scripture.

2. The disciples and John the Baptist. The disciples were getting irritated that Jesus was gaining more disciples for baptism than John. (Envious and Jealous would be the word) HOwever John kept the spirit of a servant and explained how this was a great thing! For whatever reason this hit me pretty hard. I thought that was an awesome attitude that John the Baptist displayed
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:53 am

.....i know that people are busy with school and such ^_^ umm was wondering if maybe we could get the dates for John 4...we are putting like two weeks in between stuff ^_^;;;

Kunoichi

Postby animewarrior » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:42 am

check out the link.... http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49039

this thread has *sniff* died...due to my failure as a CO-GM and the fact that I've been VERY busy of late....>,< ....I didn't realize how much gaining a job from 9-5 Mon-Thurs. would cut into my CAA time... having no more laptop adds to it as well because I have to share the computer with the rest of the family... and well I do quite a bit of camping during the summer months, plus attending concerts and stuff. :sweatdrop: so well check out kunoichi's thread......
God Bless,
-animewarrior

animewarrior

Postby Amzi Live » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 pm

animewarrior (post: 1242602) wrote:check out the link.... http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49039

this thread has *sniff* died...due to my failure as a CO-GM and the fact that I've been VERY busy of late....>,< ....I didn't realize how much gaining a job from 9-5 Mon-Thurs. would cut into my CAA time... having no more laptop adds to it as well because I have to share the computer with the rest of the family... and well I do quite a bit of camping during the summer months, plus attending concerts and stuff. :sweatdrop: so well check out kunoichi's thread......
God Bless,
-animewarrior

Finally back!Haven't been able to log in for a while,but yes I think it's great that Kunoichi started a new thread.I'm in as well since I'm finally off my studies for now.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby MBlight » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 am

wb Amzi! Hope your studies went well!
I am a Rat Activist!

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby shiroineko » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:14 pm

can anyone tell me if the Bible reading group is still going on, on AIM or somewhere? I'd love to study with a group, and I find it soooo less overwhelming when doing so.
shiroineko

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:10 am

the aim isn't going on but i think what i want to do is try and get this thing started again..but i think the problem is..time, schedules and such so let me see if i can post something and try to rev up the motor

Kunoichi

Previous

Return to Devotional Readings