How do you serve Him daily?

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

How do you serve Him daily?

Postby Angel Tifa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm

I was wondering how you guys serve God daily? I haven't yet found a church to go to every Sunday, but I've read a Christian book that seemed just as great as a preacher ("Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren)that was basically saying you have to somehow serve the Lord daily.

So I was wondering how you guys serve Him daily? Do you pray every night? Pray in your head with your hands clasped?

What are some suggestions as the best way to serve Him daily?
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby SailorDove » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:17 am

Q: How do you serve Him daily?
A:..... um, well..... Yes, I should, but I haven't been doing a good job of this.

Q: What are some suggestions as the best way to serve Him daily?

A: I'm sure other's might have better verses, but these are a few that pop out at at me as I've looked through a Scripture Aid book divided by topics.

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth... And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus." Col. 3:2,17

"Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, To obey is better than sacrifice.. for rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry." 1 Sam 15:22

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:7-9

God wrote a whole book about all this so I'll stop on this question. Nexted...

Looks like you're asking how we pray?

I pray sitting / laying in bed or kneeling in my room facing the window. Sometimes I just talk to him in my head or out loud when no one can hear me. For me, I find I'm more honest with him the more straight forward and to the point I talk or pray w/ Him. When I start trying to get "flowery" with my words in regards to a prayer request, the more phony I feel.

Hope some of this helps. Know it helped me as I thought through & answered your questions. Thanks!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Angel Tifa » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:39 pm

You're welcome ^^. And thank you. The scriptures you posted are helping me a bit more too.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby termyt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:11 am

There's no formula. Serving God daily is an attitude - a state of mind. In the beginning, you will need to concentrate and think carefully about what you need to do. Eventually, it will become more natural. You are probably already a lot further along than you think.

Reading the Bible and prayer will help you discern what it means to serve God daily, but mostly it's all about how you act and react to the things and people each day brings you.

How do we act?

Galatians 5:22-23
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I Corinthians 13:3-8
3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Return to Devotional Readings