Discouragement

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Discouragement

Postby SailorDove » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 pm

"When the going gets tough, praise God."

How many of us actually praise God when everything goes wrong or bad things happens?

Bible Verses about Discouragement:

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord: trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him."
Psa. 37:4,5

Want anouther version? CLICK HERE

"Exhort one another daily while it is called today; lest any of you, be hardened though the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end."
Heb. 3:13, 14

Want another version? CLICK HERE
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Saint Kevin » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Great message, and something I know I need to do more (i.e. praise God even though life isn't perfect or I honestly don't feel like it). My feelings and circumstances change, but God is holy and worthy of my praise - always.

I may have to memorize Psalm 37 as well.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Return to Devotional Readings